RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I agree with Stefan,i have just been doing some practice and this mod is great.The cars have real character,you get to drive on soft slicks with some real grip,the cars bounce around under brakes over the bumps,it is one fun ride...oh they are fast as well, 155mph down the straight,jumping on the brakes at the 150m mark and mashing down the gears for the next corner....yeehaa.If you like AMS in a touring car you will love it in a GT3:D:DPS it's dry as well:D

Bit of an iffy mornings racing for me. I quite like Padborg although that chicane is very glitchy. My times in the dry were ok but it was wet all the time so I was a bit slower.

Race 1 was rubbish. Got a decent start but being between 4th and 14th meant I was in what I like to call the 'crash zone' so the first couple of corners were tough. I got span at T1 by Michael into the oncoming traffic so I had to stay there. Now at the back I endeavored to catch up. However, a few turns later, the other Michael decided to spin me as well and he broke my suspension. Neither of them waited so thanks a bunch guys. I took a pitstop to repair the damage because I am crap enough as it is in the wet. So I was a lap down which was the end of my race as everytime I went to pass I had blue flags all over me. So I just followed people all race. My pit presets were bugged so I had to faff about in my menu to get some front wets on but it didn't really matter. Ended up 18th, 2 laps down.

Race 2 was a repeat of my race 1, without the bashing. I took it nice and easy, not being too agressive, letting everyone else go off the track. Has a similar problem for my pitstop to before and my gfx card went tits up for 5 secs towards the end but I ended up 5th.

Now I don't mind racing when it's wet, it makes a nice change. What I don't like is a track and the weather not responding realisticly, which was what this event was an example of. In the future could we just go for a similar sort of thing Dave Buxton does instead of condensing a weeks weather into 25 mins? Oh and it stopped raining in Padborg at ~19:00 GMT so really the event should have been damp, if dry :tongue:

James, Sorry for the bump!

I didn't wait because I wasn't entirely sure if I had to in the ARC. Normally I always wait if I am positive it's my fault that caused the accident.
Got driven of track twice myself in booth races btw. No waiting there either...

But hey I had lot's of fun! Thx all for a great driving experience \o/

Quali : 4th

Race : 7th

Someone lose his brake point in this difficult condition in the first lap and broke my suspension. Not really a problem, but in this damp track, this car seem to be very difficult to maintain. I lose the control some time without understanding why....
In the lap 6, Robert make a mistake and I must brake really hard for don't hurt him, but Robin was surprised and hit me. I wait a little for seeing if nobody is dead and start to grab some position.
When the track become dry, I can really make that I want and take a hell style :tongue:. Have a great battle at the end of the race with Chris, Hugo and James.

Thanks RD, Dave and all participant for this fun and clean race !

Enjoyed that one a lot even though i did finish way down in 14th.

Decided to chance slicks as the forecast was looking not to bad, knew i was going to be slow off the line on my slicks but i had no idea how slow as i sat there with no responce from the throttle i thought oh crap i have hit a game bug, was about to give up and go home when i tried the ignition and starter and it fired into life :D so i got going although by this time the car in front of me was over 1 minute up the road but i thought what the hell lets go for it. First few laps i struggled to keep up then as i found the dry line i got quicker and the others got slower as the track dried, hit some walls once to often and picked up some damage which slowed the car a bit but still managed to nick 14th from Robin in the last lap :good:

thnx all for some racing fun :doublethumb:

I just want to say that if you guys are going to join in with these races then please read the rules & format so you know what is happening. It is very annoying to be driving when yellow text is flying everywhere.

Sorry Steve. You are right. I took part in a previous event but forgot the finer details. I asked my questions during practise though. I was also reading through them in the background. The quali threw me though. When I didn't see any other cars I thought I lost connection and hit escape.

I'll know next time.

I remembered that track as being delicate as one can easily mix up sections, back in 2009 I had a race in another league w GTR2. I was surprised that it wasn't as familiar as expected so I had to keep my concentration on what section comes next all through the race. Luckily no mistakes.
Thanks everyone around me in order of appearance, Jesper Taulborg, Nicolas Hamilton, Kjell Stenbeck, had an intensive n fair race which I didn't expect tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%