RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

FINAL NOTE; YOU CAN DUMP THIS TRACK FROM YOUR LOCATIONS FOLDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

Consider it dumped!

As usual, I qualified near the middle of the pack
Race 1: Finished 8th. Was doing better, but I changed my two fronts and then the back end kept coming around. I spun and lost a few spots, and hit Eric.
Race 2: Started 1st. As I was cycling through my pit options - while going down pit lane - I thought I went with two right wets, but put on 4 slicks. Finished 16th.

Quali: Got a surprising 2nd place with a 106 flat.

Race1: In all the confusion over the weather, I decided to take the risk and run slicks. Being that I haven't run slicks around here before it took me a few laps to get to grips with them, allowing Jesper and Keith to open a comfortable lead of 4 seconds. I was able to hold that gap consistently, but could not close it. With it starting to rain hard on lap 6, I decided to dive into the pits early for a fresh set of wets. Rejoined in 14th and got stuck battling with some of the guys back there. Once every one went in for their pit stops, I found myself in 4th with 10+ seconds gaps to the front and back of me. So, I just settled in and cruised home in 4th.

Race2: Starting from 5th, I got an OK start. Someone behind me got an amazing drive off the line squeezed through between Eric N and I. Coming into T1 I got forced a little wide which pretty much ended my challenge for the race. There was a small incident up a head I had no place to go and got held up big time. I tried to make up for lost time, but as I pulled out for a pass on Kevin, he got on the brakes a bit earlier than I expected causing me to give him a bit of a shove just as I was pulling out. I went straight on and waited for him in the gravel. Sorry Kevin, just bad timing I guess. Rejoined in 14 and started pushing once more. A couple of laps later I get nailed by Anderson coming into T1. He must have missed his braking point and as I saw him closing in fast in my rear view. **** happens. *shrug* I managed to some how finish in 10th at the end, but I consider race 2 a complete disaster.

Bit of an iffy mornings racing for me. I quite like Padborg although that chicane is very glitchy. My times in the dry were ok but it was wet all the time so I was a bit slower.

Race 1 was rubbish. Got a decent start but being between 4th and 14th meant I was in what I like to call the 'crash zone' so the first couple of corners were tough. I got span at T1 by Michael into the oncoming traffic so I had to stay there. Now at the back I endeavored to catch up. However, a few turns later, the other Michael decided to spin me as well and he broke my suspension. Neither of them waited so thanks a bunch guys. I took a pitstop to repair the damage because I am crap enough as it is in the wet. So I was a lap down which was the end of my race as everytime I went to pass I had blue flags all over me. So I just followed people all race. My pit presets were bugged so I had to faff about in my menu to get some front wets on but it didn't really matter. Ended up 18th, 2 laps down.

Race 2 was a repeat of my race 1, without the bashing. I took it nice and easy, not being too agressive, letting everyone else go off the track. Has a similar problem for my pitstop to before and my gfx card went tits up for 5 secs towards the end but I ended up 5th.

Now I don't mind racing when it's wet, it makes a nice change. What I don't like is a track and the weather not responding realisticly, which was what this event was an example of. In the future could we just go for a similar sort of thing Dave Buxton does instead of condensing a weeks weather into 25 mins? Oh and it stopped raining in Padborg at ~19:00 GMT so really the event should have been damp, if dry :tongue:

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/642535US_Touring_car_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USAWTCC

Class: WTCC 06/07

Weather: variable! use link for forecast
weather link ****GRay Rocks resort is for the weather reports****

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Saturday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 10 mins SUPERPOLE (9:45 PM EDST)

Warmup: 10 mins

Race: 2x13 laps w/
1 mandatory pit stop for 2 tires

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Circuit Mont Tremblant is located in Northern Quebec in the mountains. Absolutely beautiful and very challenging with room to race! This circuit has hosted Can Am, Formula 1, Rolex Sports Car, ALMS and Champ Car events!

We will use the historic full circuit including the fast open "south loop"! And to top it off, we are using the current 2009 version just released from Neel Janni!!!!!

Entry List:

1. Paul "not Daniel" Wood
  2. Glenn "ringtone" Peterson
  3. Kevin "Big oil" Hopkins
  4. Ryan "insomniac" Callan
  5. Daniel "not Paul" Wood
  6. Linus "stock car" Brostrom
  7. Keith "wet slicks" Barrick
  8. Michael "Uncle Sam" Carver
  9. Jesper " flying Dane" Taulberg
  10. Rhys "evil and absent" Gardiner
  11. Eric "Hamster Hunter" Nelson
  12. Willie "rembrandt" Watt
  13. adam "Stevie Ray" Vaughn
  14. driver
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. driverd
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. Joao Borges (maybe)
  25. Mike Bell (maybe)

[URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][URL="http://img7.hostingpics.net/pics/427584US_open_wheels_flyer.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT USRADICAL

Class: Radical SR4 252

Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Friday)

Practice: open server
Qualification: 15mins (9:45 EDST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Friday night group [click] to join

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

So, I think I found the best line around the first turn...

Passing at Fuji.jpg

You'll find me trying to pass this way. :cool:

The Weather as Head Honcho Eric said was like shooting craps,you don't know what you are going to get,but it is the same for everyone...and the same in real life .Who knows what the weather is going to do and that was the challenge of these two races.In race 1 i started on wets and the temps climbed straight away,even driving carefully my rears were at 120(BMW remember)then the rain came and cooled things off luckily.Race 2 i stayed out till lap 12 i think just before the rain came again,good timing as tyre temps were going up again.I enjoyed the event,driving the BMW was a challenge which the weather made even more so.So thanks to Eric and the crewfor all the organising that lets us all race....and Rhys for the track...we wish you were here ...we really do:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%