RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

wtccnight.jpg

This event is for some of our pending members to get a taste of the inside of the club. So you must remember that there are some non-club members in this event, they have been invited, please do not join if this is a problem for you.
We would like some club members to run in this event with the pending members, this is like putting on a show, just remember to take your time passing.

Server: RACEDEPARTMENT #Pending
Class: WTCC 06/07
Track: Istanbul '06
Password: click here
Date: 30th September 2008
Practice: 18:00 GMT
Qualification: 18:30 GMT
Race: 2 races of 10 laps

Driver List

1. Simon Trendell
  2. Marcel vd Aa
  3. Richard Kay
  4. Johan Bergqvist
  5. Aldo Villamil
  6. Richard Bunschoten
  7. Mark Birney
  8. Mark Guy
  9. Eric Kaczmarek
  10. Ludovic Cogotti
  11. Steven Palmer
  12. Mark Birney
  13. Roberto Silvestri
  14. Michael Herrmann
  15. Warren Dawes
  16. Jamie Wilson
  17. Marty Pierce
  18. David Lemon
  19. Laurance Lemon
  20. Chris Noble
  21. MTommi Tam --Skin--
  22. William Yunck
  23. Lu Chan
  24. Gaëtan Legastelois
  25. Neil Tennant

Reserve Pool
  • Scott Michaels
  • Victor Shaw

1st race:There was a fews cars tangling at Eau Rouge and thought I'd navigated my way around them then it seemed as if one just warped right in front of me, couldnt avoid it and took off a front wheel, so that was that,
BUT after watching the replay, seems it hit the fence , then went straight thru it, coming out the other side right in front of me.
2nd race:Started rear of field and wound my way up to 5th by the end, so very enjoyable. Seems from the comments made last night, you either hate them or love them, well I love them, especially on a real F1 cct.

btw, were others experiencing bad lag problems last night. I was getting very worried coming up to pass people, as everyone seemed to be jittering all over the road, making it very hard to pass, not knowing where their car was going to warp next.

Bit of a mixed bag for me last night. Still love the F3000's but it was a very intense racing.

Qual - I had never driven the F3000's here before so I was starting from scratch with the setup. I eventually got up to 6th place.

Race 1 - I got a good jump off the line and managed to grab a couple of spots and move into 4th. After that I really didn't do much. A couple of cars got into a tangle and gifted me 2nd place. Late in the race I was coming up to lap Rhys and we seemed to get our wires crossed. He braked early coming into a turn to let me pass, but I had moved in behind to follow him through the corner so I ran up his bot bot and pitched him into the scenery. Sorry Rhys.

Race 2 - Started 7th and got a decent jump again. I think I was running in about 3rd as I came up behind Grant Powell (I think). I was following close behind him trying to find a way around when he got sideways coming out of a turn, washing off a bit of speed. I was following too close and ran into the back of him before I could get to the brake, which caused him to spin into the barrier, losing his back wheel. Very sorry for ruining your race Grant. Not long after I crashed out of race 2.

By the way. Nice pics Rhys.

• Scott Michaels

can you sign me up as the 25th driver and bump me if the list fills up? I'm not sure how available I'm going to be.

Well,

Race one managed to qualify last, but we were within 1.5 seconds of each other. I had started with a 2:07 and managed a 2:03 just towards the end of qualify. First race I finished 3rd, First podium finish for me, but Yves and William were just a little bit quicker each lap to take a further lead on me, I couldn't keep up, and my tires were shot by lap 8.

Race 2, I thought I was going to have a nice fight with Yves and William. Down that back straight was nice, Yves that was a great pass, But when you started braking earlier than I had anticipated, I almost rear ended you, but I managed to swing it wide which brought me straight to Mr. Wall. Oh, Hello There, Race over, Damage Not Repairable. I wish I could've finished that lap, but Oh, well, that's racing. Was fun, but wished that more showed up since I noticed that a lot more USA drivers are in the forums now. Can't wait for the next event.

Good driving Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline