RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Wow Races over what can I say ! Like last event I did on Limerock with the Vipers it was brilliant yet again ! As I said this afternoon I love this track and combined with the Porsches it was a blast.

Qually was alright and made pole. Wasn't as fast as this afternoon but can't complain really.

Race1:
Had a good start and could hold of Hugo, he some slight errors which gave me enough room to avoid slipstreaming. At lap 5 or 6 my PC froze for 3-4 seconds int he last fast right hander and there was I thinking...well thats that then :(. But my screen came back and I was on the same position just lost 4 seconds.
Still had a gap of 1.5 sec. after that and managed to keep a comfortable gap to bring it home. Scary **** though lol.

Race2:
This was very exciting as I started 8th. Someone spun 1st corner but most got trough ok and after that it was flat out to catch front runners.
And man Giorgio Anders and Hugo had a good pace going. My fastest race lap was 34.5 and think all where running sub 35's at some moment.
Managed to sneak upto 4th and it was a fast train going over the Limerock then. Hugo mage slight error though and that got me in 3rd position then.

After that I was trying to figure out how to get passed Giorgio as overtaking was a challenge on that track. (At the downhill righthander my brakepoint was a wee bit to late so the train got to a standstill for a breef moment but we continued our route after that no problem. Gentleman racing.)
Anders made a error later on however and Giorgio slipped passed so needed to overtake Anders now. Tried 1 or 2 times on the inside last sector but he closed the door so I had to back off but had another go later on and managed to get on the inside completly so I had the ideal line. Gave Anders room but he touched the sand whilst staying bravely on the outside and fighting to stay besides me so didn't manage to slipstream after.

So was after Giorgio then and already thinking how the hell am I gonna get passed lol. I knew I was slightly faster but man, some good pace.
Again in last sector I was quicker and managed to get a run on him just before the last corner giving me more exit speed. And on the S/F straight I got passed that way. He tried to cling on but made a error in the hairpin giving me some breath again. Held it to the Finish after that for another victory.

Thanks Hugo for organizing and all the others for some great racing !

Big GT PRO cars need a wide fast place to play and this fits the bill to a T! Just a few laps in a test session made it a real favorite instantly! So suit up and strap in to your favorite car and see if you can tame Road One! It'll be gripping your brain in no time and you'll be getting the call like a crack pipe to run just one more lap.....

he he he he

Entry List:

1. Eric "unforced error" Nelson
  2. Stefan Werner
  3. Jarrod Keen
  4. William Nowell
  5. Eric Estes
  6. Glenn Peterson
  7. Eric Dennis
  8. Tylor Scurlock
  9. Sam Mehler
  10. Corey Theman
  11. Keith "low fuel" Barrick
  12. Dennis Phelan
  13. Yves Larose
  14. Alex Woods
  15. Glen Kabis
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. driver
  19. driver
  20. driver
  21. driver
  22. driver
  23. driver
  24. Abdul Ahmed (maybe)
  25. Larry Stovall (maybe)

Hugo, BIG thanks for this event!
At first I didn't like the track, but after some practice and setupping I got the rhythm, and for the first time I felt comfortable "in" the car.
This car/track combo is wonderful!
Qualified in the middle (14th), was satisfied with myself.
Race 1: clean race, finished 8th. Was very happy because I could do consistent laps. In the second half tried to catch Ronny, but wasn't possible.
Race 2: started from 1st pos, was a bit surprised. At first corner I run wide because of the wrongly chosen speed. Sorry Ronny for closing on you before the corner was looking for you in the mirrors, I knew that you have to be somewhere there, but didn't see you.
After the mistake a started climbing up the ladder was at 12th pos when Rutger and Jan hit the wall after Jan's not very clean overtake. When they were recovering, they contacted again resulting that Rutger was pushed right in front of me as I tried to overtake them. I was hit out of track.
Luckily I could recover fast, and continue lapping. Could catch and overtake Dario. In last lap was a surprise, somebody sideways on the racing line. Could avoid him but the tail broke out. took forever while I could turn the car into the right direction with Y turns. Dario took back the place, Tried to catch him but half lap was not enough.
Thx everyone for the tonight event!

EDIT: Hugo, waiting for your video summary. Popcorn prepared:tv::banana:

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Lazlo Acera
  3. Eric Dennis
  4. William Nowell
  5. Glen Peterson
  6. Carl Gianetti
  7. Jarrod Keen
  8. Philip Brown
  9. Bob Luneski
  10. Glen Kabis
  11. Dennis Phelan
  12. driver
  13. driver
  14. driver
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. James Fellows (maybe)
  18. Stefan Werner (maybe)
  19. Eric Estes (maybe)
  20. Yves Larose (worn out?)

In last lap was a surprise, somebody sideways on the racing line

That was me..... :mad:
had a great 2nd race. unfortunally in the last lap, i hit the curbs to much and landed off track lost about 5 places standing there waiting every one to pass.
but overall great eve of racing.
love the track and well droven by every one. i like the nice clean racing on RD.
my compliments.....see y'a all next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%