RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I gave this track a whirl last night... all I can say is I reckon this is going to be an epic race. This track is the fastest we've ever raced on in recent memory, with the exception of KW Superspeedway. Very little room for error too. Great choice Eric.

Qualified just fine but didnt have a good event at all.

R1 was keeping pace with the top 6 having a great time following J Kim as we were about equal. Put a tire off on the mountain and cost me R1. I spent the rest of the race watch some great battles around the track. Including a spectacular last few laps by Stefan and Yves.

R2 I got too aggressive and caused quite the mess on the mountaing at the SAME spot I had my moment in R1. Sorry for this involved. I parked my car after that mess.

I really need to work on my patience. I dont seem to have any recently and it is costing fellow racers a good time.

:cool:Ye Lee the Vipers where awesome on this track as well, I remember that !

Wow can imagine this is a great car / track combo ... this should be a proper laugh ... Limerock Mountain in the Viper GT Pro was amazing fun sometime last year, so I can imagine it'll be much of the same in these - not sure I can make it though so could you put me in at the bottom of the list as a "maybe" please Hugo?? Ta :wink:

• Denis Malevanyi

Is it normal to push another car off the track if you can not pass it ? I'm new to simracing, may be I don't understand something.

Is it normal to push another car off the track if you can not pass it ? I'm new to simracing, may be I don't understand something.

I'm the culprit for that last night. Wasn't on purpose at all, I am sure others can vouch for that who have raced with me before. I locked my wheels trying to outbrake you Denis. My apologies m8. I waited for you to rejoin infront of me.

In race 2 my car completely snapped, so unlucky you were on my left side. Sorry again.

Dennis, this is by a long shot the cleanest place to race and you'll find we have not only skilled drivers but also curteous ones. Let me first say welcome and I'm glad you joined us. Second, I can vouch for Abdul that he's clean and curteous AND that he hates it if he's affected someone's race negatively. In the American club our gentleman rule is to pull over and wait for the offended driver to pass you before you proceed forward which is what Abdul did.

So, no it's not normal to push cars off the track.... it's also not normal here for that to happen and it's not normal that it happens with Abdul.

Welcome, I hope you'll find this to be a great of a place for you to race. I certainly do!

Great track selection for this week. This was the first time I've run GT cars on this circuit and hopefully not the last!

Qual: My power went out for about an hour and a half before the race, and just came back on around 9:40. By the time I got into the game I barely had enough time to sneak my laps in :eek: I did manage to get into the 34s, however, which was good enough to start in P8.

Race 1: A bit of a ragged start, Eric was a bit a slow off the line so I thought I could sneak past on the outside. The Mosler lacked the nuts though to complete the overtake, and Eric got the nose of his BMW inside heading into turn 1. There was quite a bit of pushing and shoving through the first few turns so I just decided to settle in around P9, I believe. I started to take the fight to Glenn for P8, and we had a good run for several laps. He ended up getting loose coming down the hill allowing me to get past, and that was the last real excitement for the race. I was gifted P7 when Sam's race ended, and that is where I finished.

Race 2: Started P2...so I knew I would have to catch a few breaks to keep the BMWs/Vettes at bay. Luck bounced my way as there was some trouble behind, allowing myself and J. Fellows to get a bit of a gap. I followed him close for the first lap and a half, then I made a poor decision at the end of the downhill. I had a bit of lag with him, which caused his car to jump around a bit on my screen. I flinched at one of the twitches coming into the braking zone and shot inside, off-line, and had no grip. I plowed straight through the turn, in front of at least James, and ended up in the sand. Miraculously no contact was made, but I'm sure I messed up others following. I'll go back and watch the replays to see who I need to apologize to. In any case very sorry for what at the very least was quite a scare on an early lap. I think I re-entered somewhere around P9. The car was still in one piece, so I set off once again following James. About a lap later he and the car in front of him had a moment and I was able to pick up a couple spots. This was when the real fun started. I found myself once again behind Glenn, with Jarrod close behind. Jarrod got by as I drifted around the final corner heading onto the backstretch, which then started a 3-way battle that lasted for probably 10 laps. We stayed within .500 seconds almost the entire time, very fun battle. This track was so hard to pass on, and the BMW gets very wide when defending - very frustrating to follow on this track :) I made a last ditch effort to catch Jarrod coming down the hill through the final corner, had a huge run on him and wanted to dart to the inside, but as I cranked the wheel to head right I dropped the left rear. Oh well :) I did end up shooting across the track and smashing the wall, but I was able to limp across the finish without losing position. Finished once again in P7. For a race that started off so poorly (for me), it sure ended in a fun way :)

Good races by all, see you next time !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 237 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years