RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry gents - having a few computer problems at the moment. Half my RAM failed yesterday and now my 9800GT, which has been on the blink, has gone - put my old 7800GT in but too late of course.

Off to order RAM, GFX and PSU stuff tomorrow then :/

For those not quite so fast.
I've gotten both the vette and the db9 to the 1:50.xxx hoping to get a little bit out by pushing the tires to the LIMIT, lol!

I'm right about there (1:51.1) with the DB9 (modified Eric N Setup - less wing and softer front bar/springs) and (surprisingly) the Storm (Modified Monza setup) - can also do ok in the Viper by rolling the corners. Going to try Sam's 'Vette setup before racetime.

Well that was fun and thanks for showing up guys!

Quali. Managed to steal POle from Peter on the last lap for aPB of 1:34.114. It was as perfect a lap I have ever driven here and it has been some time since I last drove this track. I love it because it reminds me of a longer Limerock Park which is my home track form my IRL racing days.

R1 Managed to get a good start but the car was acting completely different than warmup on full fuel which wasn't good.Peter and I have a door to door battle to Druids and he slips by me off the green tarmac by inches! Beauty PEter! Dropped to 4th for a low at one point on LAP 1 when I looped it off DINGLE DELL like a rookie! than had to battle my balls off w/ Stefan for 3 laps I think before I finally got past on a sick move in GRaham hill bend after Druids for P4. Had to chase down Yves the rest of the race but to no avail. HE would get eaten in Sturlings where I would gain a .5 on him but a couple slips and I'd give it back. At one point I had Yves to 1.5 but couldn't close anymore. Great battle Yves! One slip and your off P2 but you drove a very good race!

R2: I get a fantastic jump on Stefan and Andrew to get P3 right off. Jarrod And Corey are P2 and 1 respectively. I pressure Jarrod and finally pass him when he goes wide in Druids to get P2 on lap 2. Corey goes wide entering the back straight and I am P1 and keep it for race 2.

Ties with Yves for Overall honors when Peter cannot get P3 in race 2.

Fun racing guys and thanks for joining us at American Racing Club!

here's a video of my battle with Stefan. It was amazing but I smoked my tires trying to get by him. one of the truly fun battles I have had in recent memory!

My Report:

Qualified 5th. Race 1, I was somehow mesmerized by the starting lights and had a half second delay putting the car in gear. Jarrod got past and I slipped in behind him in 6th. I kept the pressure on for a lap or two until I had an excursion and dropped back a few seconds. After that I settled in for a while, as Corey had had some troubles of his own, leaving me with no one around. On about lap 8 I started to find that the car didn't corner as I expected - I guess this was tire wear coming into play (I hadn't practiced any long races). I had a number of minor incidents and Corey ended up closing most of the gap, until he had a crash and retired. After that I just tried to be consistent and stay on the track.

Starting race 2 I knew there would some action starting in 2nd with 5 race horses chomping at the bit behind me. I got an ok start but was really getting panicked with so much pressure behind me. When I hit the brake point for the Surtees my mind went blank and I had no idea what turn it was, so I slowed down way too much. At that point I was 4th with a pack of three cars very tight on me, but I did my best to hold them off until an incident in that pack gave me some breathing room. Yves soon closed the gap and put the pressure on for a lap or so until I slid wide into the sand and let him by (in the replay I noticed that Peter was within sight and slid wide at the same place - sorry for putting the idea into your head!). Shortly thereafter, Corey went wide up ahead, allowing both Yves and I to get by. I settled back into 4th, and as Peter and Stefan battled it out behind me for several laps I was determined to hang on to my spot for as long as possible. Sadly, this determination manifested itself as an unforced error as I hit the sand (and the wall) at Dingle Dell, letting them both by. I kept the pressure on and ended up getting a good run on Stefan going into Hawthorn on lap 9. I got the inside on him but there was contact resulting in him going off. I figured it was probably my fault so I gave back the position, although I think the replay exonerates me. After another minor excursion on my own, I settled into 6th and finished the race.

Anyway, like I said this was my first club race and I had a blast. The pressure got to me a little, but that's the beauty of good racing.

Quali: 2nd, in the last moments Eric managed to beat my time (with a lot), well done!:)

Race 1: nice start, managed to pass Eric after T1, then for a few laps I had Yves behind me, so I had to watch the mirrors quite often! Then he made a mistake and I could concentrate on pulling away from then! Won by about 4 seconds.

Race 2: unlucky race for me, in Druids Andrew managed to pass me back, then I tried to fight back but got hit from behind in T7, spinning me into the wall. (suspension damage..). After that my goal was to catch 3rd, but couldn't do that, unfortunately I hit Corey in T7 a few laps later (sorry), I waited but he didn't pass me back. After this incident I was about 9 seconds behind Jarrod, managed to decrease the gap to 4 seconds, but that's not enough to get P3. So I finished P4.

Could have been better, but anyways it's one of my best results in this month. (better than the DNF/Win on Friday for sure:))

Thx again all for racing, and of course Eric and RD for hosting the event!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 281 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.6%