RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

- yes

probably it doesn't look like too hard hit, but the whole hit was concentrated to the rear right wheel, and as a result, the rear suspension was totaly broken.​

- no problem

btw...technically, this collision was not in the T1 :)

Hmmmm, lots of bad luck and braking just a bit too late braking (and already i thought i braked early :S) from my side :(

just one tip from my side: Next race, don't pick a Toyota anymore haha ;)

Thanks for the pics...refreshed my mind :)

RD continues to try and bring the greatest sim racing experience available to the public. A new driver infraction reporting and scoring system is now in effect and you should be aware of it's structure and implementation.

I feel the "american Racing Club" section at RD is the best one regarding incidents and accountability. We are indeed sportman and gentlemen of the highest order and view this as something we won't engage in on a regular basis. Race clean and fair, apologize if you offend and by all means, wait for a driver if you are unsure about your responsibility!!!!!

This has been thoughtfully prepared and implemented after great deliberation.

Infractions Explained.

The rankings system now contains infraction points for every driver. These infractions come from reported incidents in club races where the Race Staff deem that a penalty is appropriate for the offender. Infractions are meant as a non-destructive way of policing the golden rules.

Each Driver will start with 5 points or lives. When an incident takes place and is investigated, the Race Staff will give one or more infraction points if an offence was committed. When a driver reaches 5 points he will serve a suspension from the racing club of 1 month, after which he will be free to join events again. Three suspensions will result in permanent removal from the Racing Club. The Race Staff may consider full removal at the second suspension depending upon circumstances such as the severity of incidents, the driver’s past conduct and time between offences/suspensions.

Each penalty point awarded will also deduct -20pts from the driver’s total rank score.

Each penalty point will last for a period of six months, after which the infraction point will be removed from drivers remaining points. They will not however have the -20pts ranking deduction returned to them.

All infractions awarded will be publicly displayed in the Infraction thread here.

Guide to Penalties

As mentioned above the infraction points awarded may vary depending on the severity of the incident. Infractions are awarded only for breaches of the golden rules, the most important of which is waiting and giving the position back to the other driver. Not waiting after an accident will increase the penalty imposed for any accident;

1 point could be given for spinning one car accidentally.
2 points for non-malicious contact that causes heavy damage to one car or involves other cars. Turn one incidents also.
2 points for spinning two or more cars accidentally but not causing heavy damage.
3 points for over-aggressive driving that causes heavy damage to one car.
4 points for over-aggressive driving that causes heavy damage to two or more cars.
5 points for deliberately spinning somebody out.

NOTE: These are meant only as a guide. The Racing Staff review every individual incident collectively and in a democratic way, taking full account off the circumstances of the incident.

Any further questions can be asked in the Driver and Nations Rankings here. Do not use this forum for the discussion of individual cases, please direct queries of this nature to the Racing Staff member who ran the event via pm.

Joined at Mullenbach with 2 mins to go in quali. Never haven driven it before I chucked in a setup from elsewhere and shortened the gears, then just drove round a couple of laps to do a quick reccy ... needless to say I was near enough last on the grid :)
Race ... bit of a mess TBH, tried to avoid contact with folks as they went sideways in front of me ... did a pretty good job most of the time (despite losing places from trying to be so nice :p)
Got a bit quicker but got caught out and clipped the arse end of someone who was already on his way sideways (sorry) ... as I had helped him along with his spin I waited for what seemed like an eternity for him to come past again and lost a good half lap and several places in the process ... to hell with the rankings its always good for my karma, even better when I think the same fella goes spinning off in one of the next corners and I think quit the game almost immediately :) :rolleyes:

Zolder ... went a bit better despite not having driven it much in the past - did some praccy with one of Atti's old setups but that wasn't really working for me so in quali I switched to one of my own from elsewhere. Tweaked it a bit, wasn't great but did OK for me in the end with a quali of something like 13th.
Race went well, I jumped myself up to 8th chasing a Anders and Martin (I think) ... Martin lost it and ended up behind me and started trying to attack but didn't make anything stick ... Anders then made one slight mistake at the 1st fast chicane losing a bit of momentum allowing me to shoot by him on the next straight.
For the rest of the race I had Anders keeping me very honest, Martin seemed to be giving him a hard time too (seems he lost it towards the end of the race though). Big respect to Anders for a race well driven and for taking a lot of care not to punt us both off track once or twice where a lesser driver might not have been so patient and clever ... its an honour to race people like you mate :thumbup:
In the end I brought it home 6th and only a few seconds behind the leading pack - happy with that :wink:

Thx again to Super Buxxo and RD for setting up and hosting these events.

Guys I am out on this one. Another social engagement with friends tonight.

But I stil cannot get the "output" files to show up in the game screen for car setups.

I have tried installing the individual output files seperately in the track folder and alos created a folder inside the track folder that contains ALL the output files but no joy.

Here is my file path for installation: Docs / simbin/rac07/userdata/car setups/ Mallala

Anything wrong?

So you've put the .svm files in that directory? No subfolders, or anything? If so, they should be showing up in the car setups menu. Quite a mystery if it's not working for you... :confused:

Guys please,i want to remember you to be aware of Golden Rules and also to know that those cars are one of the hardest to drive as they are the fastest GT's! Thanks! :) Good Luck!

With you in some ways there David ... but its not just about rules and regulations, its about fun and respect for one another on track, and driving as if you are in a real car with real consequences if you stuff it up ... don't force a pass / block cos you can just hit the esc button if it all goes wrong ... if you think of it as real damage and pain then I am sure we would all drive a lot less recklessly!
Also, esp if you are following, braking a touch earlier than you normally might or leaving a bit more gap between you and the car in front to allow for reaction times are highly recommended ways of keeping us all on track for longer :wink:

Still hoping to be there ... cos the other thing you said mate ... GTP's are the fastest and that is why they rock :cool:

With deepest respect Wayne, sign up threads are generally used for hyping up an event or discussing anything we feel is related to it. General spamming is of course not on.
Other methods of keeping sign up threads "clean" for the admins to more easily see who is signing up by having related posts, or going to a general "chit chat" type thread have been tried in the past ... but generally they failed and it has always come back to allowing a reasonable amount of chat in here.

If there is new ruling on the matter in place ... then many apologies, but when we discuss or comment on things related to an event in a positive fashion as I believe David and I were trying to, then I think there is no harm being done in supporting what RD and the racing club stands for ... good honest clean and fun racing :wink:

Still trying to break 2:00 :frown: - almost there. Sunred/'Vette/Mosler all w/in about .5 sec of each other. 175 at the end of the straight - same braking point as Glenn (just past the patch). Think I need to slow the car a bit (wing/splitter) so I can carry more speed through the downhill section 1, 2, & 3 and the last corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back