RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Decided to do a few more time attack laps just now and finally managed to get a decent drive out of that corner. The trick seems to be squaring it off and going a little wide in the middle of the corner in order to get on the gas sooner for a great run down the back straight. This corner will make or break your lap! I managed to gain .5 on my lap despite making a couple of small mistakes elsewhere. I clocked in with a 1:22:834 - ghost updated. :cool:

Good fun once again!!!

DIdn't do any pre-testing with these cars & had a limited amount of time to get a decent setup.
In the end, with Xavier dropping out in Qual it was enough to give me a front row position next to pole-man Michael.
Got a decent start & put my Alfa into Second behind Michael. I think I just tapped Michael exiting the first chicane but no damage so all was sweet.
Took it easy to let the tyres come up to heat & managed to stay fairly close to the back of Michael. After two laps I was a couple of seconds behind & I noticed that Xavier was now up int o3 rd place & with much more pace would be on me very soon. He was & was able to make the pass on the back straight easily enough. I tailed him for the majority of the middle sector. Michael, under pressure from Xavier, got it all wrong in the 1st chicane and took to the grass, allowing me to slip by into 2nd place. From then on it was a case of putting in consistent lap times & doing nothing silly. Xavier opened the gap up to around 12 secs by the chequered flag & Michael wasn't able to catch me. Looking at the lap times after the Race & noticed that where I was doing consistent high 1m44's Michael's best was a 1m45.2 and Xavier was in the 1m43's. So we pretty much ended where our lap times indicated.

Was good fun.

I had to leave after Race1 for work & so couldn't make the 2nd race.

Steve

Hmmm... on Eric's setup had to move the brake bias 5 full% to the rear to keep from locking the fronts and launching into China Beach. I'm braking full hard and starting downshifting at the 3 pylon. Should I be treating this as more of a momentum course?

Hmmm... on Eric's setup had to move the brake bias 5 full% to the rear to keep from locking the fronts and launching into China Beach. I'm braking full hard and starting downshifting at the 3 pylon. Should I be treating this as more of a momentum course?
I take it you are talking about the braking point on the back straight coming up to turn 5. I get on the brakes at the third marker and go down to 2nd in the Mosler. If you are locking up the fronts you are smashing the pedal to hard. Ease up a little and you should slow down much quicker.

wake up 4 nothing
i tried a setup from onlinefiles and my steering wheel has no feedback..so in warmup i said i will RR my pc ...but whem o tried to rejoin ,surprise , surprise "u can only join in practice or qualification sesion" i'm so stupid...cause i had a 1.25.1 but i was sure to be faster in race:(

am dead a sleep...gl all...

Caramidaru next time this happens just go to garage, unplug wheel for 15 seconds, then plug in and go race, good now!

We stayed for a 3rd race. Hansi, Tyler, Stefan and Me. It was INSANE! LOL

Had fun guys, race report tomorrow!

What to race next in the procars? hhhhmmmmmm

Glad I stumbled in on this event. Lovely track and the GT cars brought up great memories from the GT league some time ago. First race was hard as I had to pit in for repairment. The second was much more like I hoped for. A funt race and a taste of Corey's torch in me back summed it all up, I guess.
An event in American Racing Club n e v e r fails to provide for racing pleasure!
Thanx, guys :)

Mugello GP circuit is perfect for GT PRO! A massive straightaway with a beautiful flowing feel that will keep you wanting another lap to get it right! A well balanced machine will be the key here to victory. Do you take the big power slippery Vette or the all around perfomer Aston Martin? I bet you try at least 3 cars here to figure out what works the best!

Entry List:

1. Eric Nelson
  2. Eric Estes
  3. Sam Mehler
  4. Dennis Phelan
  5. Glenn Peterson
  6. Jarrod Keen
  7. Corey Theman
  8. William Nowell
  9. Brian Brewer
  10. Stefan Werner
  11. driver
  12. driver
  13. driver
  14. driver
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. driver
  19. Tyler Scurlock (maybe)
  20. Yves Larose (maybe) vive les Habitants!
  21. Bill Kaiser (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years