RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

@Radovan Nevriva, I just watched the replay of your incident. Unfortunately you went off track of your own accord, no one contacted you forcing you off. No one had to wait for you.

I saw only one driver lagging earlier in the event and it did not continue. We all try to have a good connection and when we find a driver continually with problems we try to let them know so they can repair.
That is true. I didn' want to crash to Robert. Ok bad luck that he was in my way and I didn't want to smashed him

Qualify:
Got a good qualify lap in today starting me on the grid in 6th
Race:
Got a good run off the line and through the esses clean moving up into 5th as Nelson went off track. Moved up into 4th at the end of lap 1 when nuno caught the edge of the grass on the downhill spinning him around. Battle started on lap 3 with @alex Odell and Reggie Snr about a second behind me. Managed to hold Alex off till I came into the left before the downhill to hot going off track then spinning my way down the hill getting control back at the bottom but no momentum. This left Radovan and Reggie Snr with some avoiding to do...(Sorry about that). Unfortunately for Radovan he got out of shape avoiding me and ended up in the wall. With a bit of damage I was back under way but in 7th heading after Dennis. With Dennis and Reggie Snr battling was able to catch up to them and then around Reggie Snr till I got out of shap again before the downhill letting both him and Janko through down to 8th. With the pit window open I started closing back in on Reggie Snr and stayed with him till we both pitted on lap 19. Made the decision to go with a two tire stop to see if I could gain a bit but believe he made the same call and we were both out at the same time. With most of the pitstops settled had caught up to Dennis on lap 22 but was made aware quickly I should have gone 4 tires as I believe Dennis did when I couldn't keep up with him through the left handers. The leaders started catching to lap me around the 30 lap mark. Matthias got around me clean coming into the esses, I tried to get out of Reggies way but ended up slowing him down a bit. (Really sorry about that I stayed left out of the esses and slowed but that was the line you were using) Eventually I gave way but ended up sliding off track. Luckily I had opened a large enough gap to 7th that I was able to hold my postion. The fun really started on lap 34 when some really bad lines and braking had allowed @Janko Balej to catch up to me and start making a run to take my position. This is around the same time the commentary began that was absolutely outstanding and very helpful as I kept me informed where Janko was. Janko kept trying to brake deep into the start of the esses to get under me but I kept shutting the door on him. This went on and was almost the end for me when contact at the start of the final lap started sending me into a slide but managed to hold on to it and keep him behind me holding him off to place where I started in 6th.
Once again some fantastic racing and amazing battles for postion. The commentary was a riot and very informative. Hopefully I can make the next mini event as this was just fantastic fun today.

Oh my, look, a track that I know! :D Sign me up please ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

In for this one, as well - by the way, both the Volvo (is it going to be included? That would require STCC2, if I recall correctly) and the BMW seem to be quite uncomplicated in terms of skinning, just in case anyone wants to get a nice and fairly easy start into the world of liveries ;)

Last edited:
If you were not on TeamSpeak today, you simply were not in the race! You do not have to have a microphone to enjoy what goes on but you certainly can learn while listening! Entertaining and informative, sometimes even the silence says quite a bit. Today we do have to thank Nelson for sticking around and adding "color" that really brought the race together for all listening.

My files indicate that I had a 2011 car setup capable of low 59's, older and slower I could barely get below 1 minute for quali but I was very happy with my setup and race pace.

Having a great race car to drive I was ready, really ready! A good launch and glad to see most all of us get to T2 easily. Janko touches me in T1 on L2 and it's absolutely the worst place to have an off but he waits and the racing.....continues! I watch as drivers worst dreams become reality before their eyes[isn't that a great line] and slowing recover. Catching Reggie Snr, I hear him say something like "No don't make a pass here" but it looked too good and it works because my car is absolutely faantasstic! Watching the tire wear in practice I saw that wear was about the same on both sides so I chose to pit for 4. Great drivers pit for 2 with those conditions, didn't I say I'm older and slower? Reggie Snr to catch again as Nuno pulls away trying to recover his lap. At this point Nelson begins his wonderful [there must be another word] commentary on the activities going on around the track and they're both enjoyable and informative! Nelson, can we get you to just join as a spectator and do running commentary for all our races?

The grid was good sized , that;s to all of you for that!! Te racing was good and wee had a great mix of experienced aces and unknown new drivers. Good job all!

Oh yes,the "Station Wagon" sorry, I don't think it will be making an appearance.:(

Wouldn't that be the 850? That one's in a seperate class with the S40, anyway - however, STCC2 added in the Volvo 240 into the WTCC87 class (we've even used it in a recent time trial, I think at Portrero de los Funes) so I thought that one might be included. Personally, I'll likely pick the BMW anyway ;)

I should've included model names before, sorry - too many Volvos in this game ;)

Although I've logged hundreds of laps at this track in a Mazda MX-5 on iRacing, I'm not turned a wheel on this Race 07 version in the Mini. Thankfully it's a very similar speed to the Mazda, and in fact it's better because the Race 07 physics doesn't want to throw you upside down into a wall at every turn like the iRacing one does.

Anyway, practice laps slowly came own until they reached the high 59's, which wasn't bad. The same in qualifying put me 7th, slap bang in the middle of the grid. Held firm at the start around the inside of turn 1 and the outside of turn 2 and slotted into line on the back straight. 5th at this point I think.

Picked off @Robert Covey for 4th a few laps in when he ran wide at the penultimate corner. But I was no match for the top 3 who raced off over the horizon. My tyres weren't too bad so I stayed out as the leaders pitted and mixed it up with them for a bit. Don't want to make their lives too easy now, do we? @Matthias Klein made short work of passing me. Had a bit of a coming together a couple of laps later with @James Wilson but no damage done and pitted for 4 fresh tyres immediately. Came out and set my fastest laps over the course of the next few. With @Dennis Phelan half a lap behind and the leaders almost a lap ahead, it was a steady ride home to 4th, which I'm happy with. No doubt if I every attempted anything approaching a setup, I could sneak another half second out of these possibly.

And @Filip Carlén, here are a couple of race video links for you:
RlyR Touring Car Championship - full season.
RlyR Masters of Formula R 2.0 - currently half way through the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%