rF2 WSGT Megane Trophy @ Singapore - Wed 19th Nov

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great fun guys. :thumbsup:
I really like these cars and although i didn't have any battles during the race just pushing the car through the narrow circuit was enough to have a great time. :D
A big agree to that.
These cars are so much fun and IMO such a nice challenge to drive, add Singapore and guaranteed mayhem ensues.
There was some impressive pace up the front. I was happy to have P3 in qualifying and got away ok. There was a lot of clear air behind me after a lap 1 tangle and I should have just chilled out. Had a nice fight with one fellow competitor which he won and I then made my first mistake.
Did some of that really hard mental arithmetic when you are driving, about fuel and decided that I was in the pit window-just to 1 stop home after repairs.
Pitted for repairs They took no more than a set of tyres would have, and fuel and rejoined thinking that when others stop I will be in touch.
I was thinking about all that and looking at gaps etc and hit the wall even harder.
52 sec repair and tyres for good measure and a drop of fuel just in case my calcs were out. I could have got out and had a snack.
Oh my calcs were ok, with the extra 10 lit for good measure I finished with 11.

Yep plenty of mayhem.
Thanks for the race.

firstly a massive well done to matt horst , my txl teammate who was on another level today!
a cliinical race for him.

glad I turned up for this race.
I had very limited practise and after driving a lola for God knows how many hours, i found this car a handful. the back end spinning out under braking. understeer, oversteer, you name it.
in the practise and quali i could not get the car anywhere near where it should have been and it certainly wasn't setup - just my technique on throttle and brakes.

in quali i did a couple of 1.15.4s with the later behind a backmarker. p4 i think wasn't too bad. however, with my daughter on youtube and my wire not plugged in plus others with south american (?) internet connections, it was a recipe for disaster. an annoying tangle (no doubt innocent) and then another and my car was looking a little mangled! that said, i cannot excuse my pace as i did a 1.14.7 early on which lasted a few laps. i knew i didn't have the pace anyway so i was aiming for p3. i started closing quite quickly to the guys up ahead and then saw that one had a spin. he pitted and i had a large gap which increased. i suspected he pitted too early as it was 30 minutes left but i kept going in case, trying to build a bit of a gap. after a bit i realised it was better to not push too hard. i thought one more hit and the wheel will stick at 45 degrees permanently! in the end, i pitted late but taking care not to get damage fixed..i had no idea if it would take 5 minutes etc. strangely the car felt much worse after pitting for new tyres (warmed up after 1 lap). i had a couple of minor offs but only lost about 5-10 seconds to the car behind before building the gap again.

i left the race frustrated that i should have at least competed for p2.

although there wasn't much stuff happening on track after the first few laps, this was a really worthwile practise. afterwards i went back on server and did a 1.13.5. i know i could have gone faster but bedtime calls (now lol). so each car drives differently but all these driving styles are building in the memory bank. all the similarities stay and the ability to adjust will help in future.

tonight after reflecting and returning to the server, i realised i was a better, more knowledgeable driver than before the race.learning and improving, racing and having fun...that's what it's all about.
cheers guys.

Thanks to all who took time to race today i really enjoyed racing again for the first time in a wile.

After what did seem like forever in the lola and my less than stellar drives in the VSC2 it was nice to get back to some type of car that suits me a bit better.The WSGT Megane Trophy has been one of my favorite cars since it came out so just what the doc ordered.

I got home just in time to make the start of qualifying so had no time to get even a warm up lap in.I figured quali would be my practice and i would be starting midfield at best but surprisingly after my second lap i had pole by over a second.I continued and got faster each lap and came away with pole witch was kind of surprising.I had actually designed my race strategy around starting from the back but it worked just as well starting from the front too.

Race start i got a good start and got to t1 first.After the first couple laps i was pulling a nice gap already so i kinda went on cruise mode.It was a tank and three quarters or so of fuel needed to complete the race so i had decided to make the first stint short so i would not have traffic in the way and hopefully get a nice undercut after the rest of the field pitted.I hit my stop and took fuel only filling up the small tank and set back out to catch up to the guys that passed me wile i was in the pitbox.I think i was in p3 now and closed the gap to the leader to about 20 seconds before he made his pitstop.I now had a large lead and went back to cruising.I made a couple small mistakes cause my concentration was wandering a bit so i challenged myself to get into the 2:12's and i got my focus back but only was able to hit a 2:13.5xx.I finished the race with no big mistakes and over a minute up on p2.I would not call it the drive of the century or anything like that but very pleased with the result and helps a little to get the bad taste of VSC2 out of my mouth.:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back