rF2 WSGT Megane Trophy @ Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - Wed 23rd April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Man race 2 was bad. Had to avoid several crashes and touched @Daiman Patel into puhon, because he lost the car. Sorry for that, but once you are commited to the corner there is nothing you can do.

We had contact before blanchimant, which spun has both out and wrecked my suspension.
I watched the replay and I couldnt see, that you were trying to go on the outside there. I was just on the normal line and you cant place your car on the outside there. It is so dangerous. I wont do that with anyone. First I was really pissed, because it felt like you just ran into the back of me.
You really cant put your car there. I just took my normal line, so I would have needed to make a correction to avoid a crash, which I couldn't see coming.
Still had good laptimes and Race 1 was fine twice from the back to 3rd after getting spun in 3rd at the end of lap 1.

Sorry Freddy. First incident I just ran wide going into Pouhon, and you went into the back of me - I guess you didn't expect me to slow down so much as I tried to regain control of the car, and I didn't expect you to be so wide going into the corner. Second incident, I don't think that there was particularly much wrong with my line - I saw other guys also using a much shallower line (similar to mine), especially when fighting with another drivers, to avoid going into the back of them when in their slipstream. I think that was very much a 50/50 incident - I didn't look at my inside to see where you were, but you also didn't check your outside to see if I was there before you closed the door.

Sorry Freddy. First incident I just ran wide going into Pouhon, and you went into the back of me - I guess you didn't expect me to slow down so much as I tried to regain control of the car, and I didn't expect you to be so wide going into the corner. Second incident, I don't think that there was particularly much wrong with my line - I saw other guys also using a much shallower line (similar to mine), especially when fighting with another drivers, to avoid going into the back of them when in their slipstream. I think that was very much a 50/50 incident - I didn't look at my inside to see where you were, but you also didn't check your outside to see if I was there before you closed the door.
Yes, was really strange. For me it is the normal racing line and it looked like you were still just behin in my mirror, so I just stayed on my line.
In this situation when I am behind I usually lift. There is no point going side by side there and then wait for the bus stop. But these things happen is such a short amount of time and I did go side by side there some time back, but stopped doing it, because these things happen way to easy.

All good now, just from my pov it looked like a random ramming off, which I never experienced here, so I was quite shocked :D

Yes, was really strange. For me it is the normal racing line and it looked like you were still just behin in my mirror, so I just stayed on my line.
In this situation when I am behind I usually lift. There is no point going side by side there and then wait for the bus stop. But these things happen is such a short amount of time and I did go side by side there some time back, but stopped doing it, because these things happen way to easy.

All good now, just from my pov it looked like a random ramming off, which I never experienced here, so I was quite shocked :D

Yeh, I know what you mean. Very sorry. It was also due to a lack of experience on my part; such close racing is a rarity for me, because I'm not usually fast enough, but in this case I was lucky to get a slipstream from you and this allowed me to keep up. I just need more practice so that I'm able to cope with these situations better.

Here is a point system i made. It's something i've done with the mini friday's for myself.
Looks like i'm doing it again. :)

Rules: (my rules :p)
Good point for those who finish. :thumbsup:
Best 4 out of 6 races count. (3 x Trophy, 3 x Enduro)
I only count the last 3 "WSGT Megane" weeks.

It's still WIP. But here is a sneak preview.
Screenshot 2014-04-24 01.00.28.png

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years