Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

The C9 has more power but these cars are in a different league to any of the other Group C’s. Much less weight and much higher downforce at a much higher efficiency. On modern tires, they’re seconds faster than any LMP1 in history. 1:01 at Mosport, sub 1:40 at Sebring, modern indycar laptimes at Road America (1:43), 1:04 at Road Atlanta, 1:06 at Mid Ohio, etc. Add 2-4 seconds to those times for 90s tires. As for driving, to quote Andy Wallace, “Toyota did everything right[...]”

Though he also said Peugeot did everything better. Anyway, low speed grip is bad with the 90s tires.

Last edited:
Did you not read this comment? The one you replied to was complete speculation. I may be impatient, but i will not consider this dream mod dead until someone involved declares it is. Until then i'm hopefule and sure it will see the light of the day, and you should too! :)
I am to, yet I've seen mods before where the creators said they would continue the project but never did. Am still hopeful but don't want to get them up to high to be disappointed.

The C9 has more power but these cars are in a different league to any of the other Group C’s. Much less weight and much higher downforce at a much higher efficiency. On modern tires, they’re seconds faster than any LMP1 in history. 1:01 at Mosport, sub 1:40 at Sebring, modern indycar laptimes at Road America (1:43), 1:04 at Road Atlanta, 1:06 at Mid Ohio, etc. Add 2-4 seconds to those times for 90s tires. As for driving, to quote Andy Wallace, “Toyota did everything right[...]”

Though he also said Peugeot did everything better. Anyway, low speed grip is bad with the 90s tires.

This is how i imagine a good talk on an afternoon with a beer in hand...
This cars are very very very fast. On a test day in Magny cours a Peugeot managed a laptime that was only beaten by the williams in qualy that year and with rules that slowed F1 the following years means that the Peugeot 905 was faster than any F1 car on that track since 1994 to 1996.
Now that on modern tyres... Pfoa

Unfortunately I've still been bogged down with work, so haven't been able to do any solid modelling sessions on the 'yota or Jag...I did try a quick messy import of my old RX-792P into the game out of curiosity...there's a few things that need to be changed or redone, since I originally only intended to use it inside 3dsmax+VRay (this was back in 2009 remember), but it's definitely workable without drastic changes :thumbsup:

JIKZwwL.jpg

from what source have you gotten this mazda from? this looks amazinh

Yes, I'm still working on these. Yes, there are things both outside and inside the modding community that keep gnawing at my enthusiasm for doing this. No, nothing people say here will magically change that. No, that doesn't mean I'm stopping. And no, nothing is "sourced" from anywhere, they're modeled from scratch, if they weren't that would defeat the whole point as far as I'm concerned.

9b0nNJG.jpg

Yes, I'm still working on these. Yes, there are things both outside and inside the modding community that keep gnawing at my enthusiasm for doing this. No, nothing people say here will magically change that. No, that doesn't mean I'm stopping. And no, nothing is "sourced" from anywhere, they're modeled from scratch, if they weren't that would defeat the whole point as far as I'm concerned.

9b0nNJG.jpg
The deity has descended upon us to bring the good news. I'll be eaiting for this sooo goddamn eagerly. All the time you need, the calmer you are, the bettet it will comr out :)

I'm so glad that you are still working on this ! Keep up the good work and let's hope that everything is going to turn in the right direction for the modding team, and let's hope to see this beast of a mod released ! ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%