Cars WSC/90s Group C Cars: Toyota TS010, Jaguar XJR14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately this mod, like many others and are a chimera that will never see the light, now the web is full of many beautiful projects that are not completed for various reasons.
Perhaps because this model did not have as its ultimate purpose the money, which many people are putting on the market of cars for AC and with quite questionable results.
I know, its a real shame.

Unfortunately, I think this mod is dead or halted 'cause it has been a while since the modders wrote something connected to this mod and they probably don't have time for it so it's not fair to repeat asking the same question because they will probably post something if this mod comes back. Hope it's halted because it was looking awesome.:thumbsup:
That's a shame, was really looking forward to these cars, Group C cars are some of my favorites, especially the Toyota, thanks for informing me.

That's a shame, was really looking forward to these cars, Group C cars are some of my favorites, especially the Toyota, thanks for informing me.

As the posts are getting more and more nonsensical, I'll note that Iain sent me a model update a week or two ago. We have other priorities and commitments, but development hasn't stopped.
Did you not read this comment? The one you replied to was complete speculation. I may be impatient, but i will not consider this dream mod dead until someone involved declares it is. Until then i'm hopefule and sure it will see the light of the day, and you should too! :)

I'd say this mod is absolutely dead... if the last update was from 2017 or something but he posted just 4 months ago. Hope is not lost... it's just weak at the moment.

Actually, just a couple of detailed model screens would be good enough to shut people up but maybe there's not been a solid progression whatsoever at all since the last tangible update (september 2017) and modders don't want people to realize that.

Firstly let me say that I'm not wearing my RD staff hat in this post, this is purely my personal viewpoint.

I love modders, and am so grateful for the contributions they have made to my driving games since I first installed one in F1 02 (from the group who went on to become Simbin).
ATM they seem to be in an invidious position, if they regularly post updates they are often harrassed to release, give dates and other distractions etc. If they don't then the cry goes up, they've deserted the project, they weren't capable of finishing it blah blah.
No problem with the odd enquiry about an update in a thread like this, but when it sparks off disrespectful comments and fruitless speculation I find myself wondering why modders bother.
In post #214 by mclarenf1papa has said he's had an update recently that should let people know that the project is still ongoing.
Since I'm not at my pc I can't calculate how many hundreds of gigs of racing games I have on it, but it's a lot and I would imagine that's true of almost everybody reading this.
So I'm pretty sure we can all find something to do until there's more news.
And if a mod doesn't get finished we could
maybe remember that modders are human with real lives and how many of us could put our hands up and say truthfully that we always finished everything we started.
Sorry for the wall of text but it's something I feel quite strongly about.

Instead of criticizing him you guys should be supporting him maybe then he might want to get it done faster. Because if I was him and you guys were being like that to me I wouldn’t want to get t done so you people could enjoy my hard work.

at home I have been taught that if you start something you complete it

Thats true you either complete it by doing it to the end, or complete it by stopping it with or without releasing. It is naive to expect that every mod is going to be finished, but it should never hang the people on the expectations, let it be if there is even only a single one person who is really honestly interested in a project and is not just simply waiting for a try-out toy.

I want to defend the people who express their interest by just simply asking whats up, and I don't get how it is somehow disrespectful and how it is criticism, of course if it is done politely in a nice way, with good humour (which simracers does not have) without pressure and disrespect.

Modding has to be fun, and if for some reason it is no longer fun for a modder we have to respect it. But moddeler never said anything, so it is just most likely false speculation, and it is silly to discuss and even more stupid to argue about it. There are many examples of mods that just stopped, I really don't think that those mods has ended because people were asking modder whats up, except maybe for what I remember from Neverkrash at official forums :D

People doesn't expect modders to give up life so they could have 30mins car tryout in a sim, but no one likes to wait for "nothing" either.

Tell whats up for those ten guys who are actually interested.

I don't think asking what's up is a bad thing, especially if it's been a little while. (Asking what's up 3 days after the last update is just stupid, but that's not happening here.)

Declaring in public that a mod is probably dead because there haven't been regular updates is disrespectful and... deeply annoying.

Try not to be that.

Yeah inventing fake news is not the most intellectual thing to do, it really might be alive and just appear "stopped", especially as it was said that there was an update recently. Perhaps this mod will go official :D Joke.. I just remember how it was with 917/30, or 962 which is group C car too.

It is quite empty to speculate about when the dish will get on the table, and what happened to the chef. It is better to hold an interest on actual cars.

I wonder how the cars handle, are they civilised like 787B and 962, or are they brutal like C9 ? I suppose no group C car is as brutal as C9. But still I wonder if they has claws which would appear closer to the limit. I like how C9 shows it's claws early on, it is always like if it is on the limit, even though you probably would try to build a car which gives you more chances to stay on tarmac and pointing the right way. It still makes me wonder how good they could possibly be and how hard they can bite when you ask too much. I guess they are mental cars at the very limit, meybe even more than F1 of the same time period ?

Yeah inventing fake news is not the most intellectual thing to do, it really might be alive and just appear "stopped", especially as it was said that there was an update recently. Perhaps this mod will go official :D Joke.. I just remember how it was with 917/30, or 962 which is group C car too.

It is quite empty to speculate about when the dish will get on the table, and what happened to the chef. It is better to hold an interest on actual cars.

I wonder how the cars handle, are they civilised like 787B and 962, or are they brutal like C9 ? I suppose no group C car is as brutal as C9. But still I wonder if they has claws which would appear closer to the limit. I like how C9 shows it's claws early on, it is always like if it is on the limit, even though you probably would try to build a car which gives you more chances to stay on tarmac and pointing the right way. It still makes me wonder how good they could possibly be and how hard they can bite when you ask too much. I guess they are mental cars at the very limit, meybe even more than F1 of the same time period ?
These cars are absolute beasts compared to 962 and 787B and they're few seconds faster then C9. They could definitely be compared to F1 cars but that lead to their end later unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back