[WS] Interview with Mattias Stahre

"On the way back from Round 13 of the World Series Championship, we were fortunate to be able to do an interview with the winner of the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, and the leader of the championship - Precision Motorsports Mattias Stahre."

Q: “Mattias, how was your race?”
Mattias Stahre: “Great I´d say! After some really difficult moments in the last 4 races it feels really good to be on top of things again. Sadly the last race in which I was running P2 was cut short but looking at the result that would have come out of that I felt pretty confident about my driving again.”

Q: “After qualifying down in 8th, did you think you could win?”
MS: “For sure from the outside it probably didn't look very promising but the qualifying was really tight and for some reason I never nailed a lap. After my last attempt, which went south, I tried to forget about it and simply focus the remaining time on the race and especially that first lap which for me turned out really well.”

Q: “You have now retaken the lead of the championship, it’s really close to call between you and Cyril.”
MS: “As I said before the last few races have been really hard for me and Cyril made sure to get some good points during those. In terms of speed we are quite similar but as we saw in Spa it´s also about a drivers ability to push at the right moments and to do overtaking moves that are not too risky in order to finish on the top.”

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back