Wreckfest | Winterfest Update Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bugbear Entertainment have released a new build of Wreckfest - adding the Winter Fest Tournament, a new car and some game fixes - yay!
  • Winter Fest now available.
  • Starbeast SS car added.
  • Various game fixes.

Yes all you fanciers of closer than close contact, build update time for Wreckfest is upon us again - and this time around we've got a nice new tournament and a fresh car with which to enjoy all the track action.

With this new early January build the development team behind the criminally underrated Wreckfest title have deployed a nice mix of new content and game improvements, with some very pleasing fixes deployed around both the audio and gameplay features such as damage occurrences and other more minor improvements and fixes.

Check out the update notes below!

Wreckfest Footer.jpg

Update Notes:

PC:
PS4: 1.90
XB1: 1.9.0.0

TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Winter Fest.
  • New free tournament reward car: Starbeast SS.
  • The DLC promotional screen is only shown once per session for each respective DLC.
SYSTEM
  • (PC) Fixed an issue which caused DualShock and DualSense controllers to not function correctly.
  • (XB1) Online features now work correctly after disconnecting the controller before the initial interactive screen.
  • (PS4) Game no longer freezes after signing out of PlayStation™Network while in a multiplayer lobby.
GAMEPLAY
  • Improved Speedie handling and engine to make it more competitive.
  • Small special vehicles no longer take excessive damage even from small shunts.
  • Rammer and Roadcutter AI Player setups are now more appropriate for their respective classes.
  • The rear spoiler of the Nexus RS "BB Racing" bundle is now parented correctly to the trunk lid.
  • Exhausts no longer get distorted after deforming.
  • Roof decorations no longer deform wildly.
  • Fixed Boomer RS taillight cover glitch.
AUDIO
  • Rebel Rat engine audio now plays correctly.
  • Fixed an issue with Stellar where clicks in sound would occur when idling in neutral gear.
  • Cockpit view audio now includes more low and mid range frequencies.
  • Audience sound effects are no longer played during loading screens.
  • In the settings, the "Interface Sound Effects" now changes volume of UI sounds independent from the "Effects" volume.
  • In the settings, the "Ambiance" volume control now affects all track-side sound sources.

Original Source: Bugbear Entertainment

Wreckfest is available now - get off the AC Spa public lobby, go get the game and actually and crash into someone who wants contact!

Check out the Wreckfest news and discussions here at RaceDepartment - head on over to the Wreckfest sub forum and fire up a post today!

Wreckfest Middle.jpg

Last edited:

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Wreckfest is available now - get off the AC Spa public lobby, go get the game and actually and crash into someone who wants contact!,

Be happy to oblige, as soon as you guys figure a way to deliver us your game in VR, this being year 2021 and all.
Until that will keep enjoying the ton of content in AC in beautiful VR, thank you very much.

Last edited:
VR for Wreckfest... let's say i am not missing it.

It could be very funny of course, but i am also wondering which cam/view the majority is using.
Another view than cockpit in VR works for sure, but again: i think i won't miss it.

And how many play this game with wheels n pedals... ?
Most use a pad i guess and enjoy it on screen... might be wrong. :)

Last edited:

RasmusP

Premium
Wreckfest with a wheel is stupidly awesome! :D
It is! I love how you can throw a super tight semi-drift around the poles on hairpins. With a gamepad you can do it too but you can't correct them!
If you went too wide, you can't go tighter as your joystick it at the maximum already.
If you went too tight and quickly open the joystick a little and put it back to maximum, you will go a bit too wide..

With a wheel you can do some pedal dancing and steering correction and really nail the drifts!

It drives like an "easy mode but realistic rally sim" :D
Or in other words: it drives you would imagine you would be able to drive if you'd be a rally pro driver,

Last edited:

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
WF (and GTA) are the only games I drive outside cabin view. I do not want to miss all the hilarious action around me. So I leave my Oculus happily on the shelf.
Of course with wheel and pedals. And I get my best drifts in WF, feels very natural...

Ye... virtual mirrors are the one think that Wreckfest really lacks atm. It's quite hard to know where guys are when driving from within the car sadly.

RasmusP

Premium
We need to do an RD wreckfest night.
Remember @TTupsi had some Wreckfest days some time ago. That was fun! :)
:sneaky:

Yeah we should get something going.. The Bots are sadly just good for crashing... So you need a kinda big group.
Maybe getting a bunch of people and joing some Server?
I prefer "good racing" with some "Oh I'm so sorry that you lost your rear and did a quadruple flip against the tree there.... right before the finish line...." :roflmao:

I play online regularly, and there is a bunch of guys who are silly fast using a gamepad and the chase cam. One of the advantages is that is allows them to see whats coming from the sides and from behind.

Only occured to me when I had people call me out for knocking them off a corner (legit move, its a demolition racer) and Im thinking, how did they know it was me?, when I get taken out I have no idea what happened or who did it (well, I have some idea).

Last edited:

RasmusP

Premium
I play online regularly, and there is a bunch of guys who are silly fast using a gamepad and the chase cam. One of the advantages is that is allows them to see whats coming from the sides and from behind.

Only occured to me when I had people call me out for knocking them off a corner (legit move, its a demolition racer) and Im thinking, how did they know it was me?, when I get taken out I have no idea what happened or who did it (well, I have some idea).
Yep, the game is definitely made with the chase cam in mind. I like how the camera moves/behaves. Feels naturally, drifting gives me a grin, backwards driving is a lot easier...
I personally use my wheel and the chase cam. Feels off for the first few sessions but nailing a drift looks so much better in the chase cam :cool:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 120 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 72 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.8%
  • €3001-5000