Wreckfest: Very Track Pack Locations to be Added Next Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest VeryTracks Coming.jpg

Wreckest will soon be getting two new tracks - reworking and updating two community made locations for release within the next big update for the title.

Wreckfest has long had a popular and vibrant modding scene associated with the game, and anyone who spends much time checking out the community made content will no doubt be aware of 'The Very Track Pack' - a selection of well made and impressive mod tracks that can be downloaded as free additional content for the title.

Well it looks like these tracks have been noted by the developers of Wreckfest, as two of the locations have been taken on as official content - updated and improved, and are set to release to the base game as part of the next big build update - pretty cool stuff.

Wreckfest VeryTracks Coming 2.jpg

Although The Very Track Pack has plenty more to offer than just these two locations, it is great to see them coming to the game to be potentially enjoyed by a much wider audience, including of course a new round of players once the console release of the title is made available later in the year. Great news, and a remarkable achievement by the original author of the mod, Tor Ole Lerbæk.

As well as the two unnamed new tracks, Bugbear have confirmed further content from the Very Track Pack will be added to the base game in future, so plenty of excitement left to look forward to once the new update is released !

Wreckfest VeryTracks Coming 3.jpg
Wreckfest VeryTracks Coming 4.jpg

Wreckfest is available for PC now, with console release to follow later this year.

For more smashing fun, head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest sub forum, and don't forget to check out the awesome RD Wreckfest Racing Club for some contact filled and laugh out loud online racing activity!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

That last screenshot is just out of this world! wow..
how does it drive with the wheel this game ?
Very good, I have a TS XW and it feels great, almost Sim like physics (personal opinion)...this is a title that will be kept permanently on my PC:D:D
...although I am not much into the Mod thing and was not aware of 'The Very Track Pack', it is always exciting to have new content added...especially for free:)

Nothing wrong on G27 too.
Not rFactor-Automobilista-Assetto-Project[lol]Cars kind of feelings but best in it's class, one may say.
WF has grown massively over these years and although many doubt it more often than not (ok, myself included) the developers proved themselves as a truly people with right vision. Congrats to all the team for this final product. Ok, not final still. Even better. :geek:
I hope I'll get some fine money for this not very biased yet quite trusted review.
At least more than I got for one of those "community" track. :unsure::sneaky:

Id say Wreckfest is on par with some PC2 cars (obviously there are some cars that have better, more detailed handling), overall it's very good balance between natural feeling of car behaviour, and fun.
Feels little less detailed, but at the same time more natural than DR1 and DR2.

...although I am not much into the Mod thing and was not aware of 'The Very Track Pack'
I find this surprising, far less hassle than using mods in Assetto etc.

Just go into Steam Workshop, subscribe to TVTP, launch game. Then Options > Misc, where it has checkboxes for enabled/disabled mods, enable, restart game.

Any time there's updates into the mod by the author, Steam autoupdates it (duh). If you think it was waste of disk space, unsub the mod in Steam Workshop.

It more than doubles the amount of tracks in Wreckfest, they are neatly organized in the track menu, as their separate categories. And already very good quality, even without official reworks. I'd say the latest ones of them don't really need any facelift, to look official.

There's even a popular TVTP multiplayer server running these tracks regularly (upheld by the mod author)

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVeryEnd87/videos

There's some previews of his tracks. The first 2 tracks coming to the game are based on Norwegian IRL folk racing tracks, Konsmo and Aremark Motorbane (The modder dude is Norwegian)

(Those have disappeared from the mod itself)

Last edited:
Just go into Steam Workshop, subscribe to TVTP, launch game. Then Options > Misc, where it has checkboxes for enabled/disabled mods, enable, restart game.

Any time there's updates into the mod by the author, Steam autoupdates it (duh). If you think it was waste of disk space, unsub the mod in Steam Workshop.
Thanks for that info....I did not realize Wreckfest had a 'Steam Workshop'...LOL...will look into it:)

Sure. There's bunch of good mods, but TVTP is probably the best one to start.

Other favs of mine (singular tracks)
- Petaluma Speedway
- Stockton 99 Speedway
- Wild West Motorsport park
- Ukiah Speedway
- Pinehills unused routes (actually official track, they just didn't use one of the routes)

Others:
- 8-o-rama (also track pack, not as good as TVTP but decent)
- TrackFest (also track pack, not as good as TVTP but decent)
- Winter wonderland (official mod by the devs, changes official tracks to winter tracks, with less grip)
- All cars AI set (allows setting up crazy offline races, with buses, harvesters etc. mixed with normal cars)
- No visible health bar (shows just a name above cars)

Last edited:
I have a few gripes with this game, but none relate to physics, FFB (good with both TM or Fanatec), or graphics. The challenges are a bit tough to get all the stars. And there is a revenge system where the AI are straight up diabolical in taking you out. They will completely give up a corner to wreck you. What is this, a demolition derby?! (Oh wait, sometimes it is...) It would be better if they were more like Kyle Busch and tried to make it look like they were taking a corner while running you into the wall...

Good game to have on the SSD.

This is a great development. If they are smart, they will reward the modders of these top tracks in some meaningful way (which may vary depending on the modder). That's how you encourage the best quality add-ons to be developed for your title. People using them (popularity) makes the decision which ones to support very easy.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.2%