Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest April Update 2.jpg

Bugbear Entertainment have dropped a new update for Next Car Game Wreckfest, adding a new car and track to the game!

The studio have confirmed that development is underway with a new user interface and career mode for Wreckfest, however today's update is only focussed on adding new content to the title as development continues behind the scenes on the core game experience.

The update today adds a brand new car to the mix, bringing the American 5 muscle car. Although the car is still work in progress and more improvements and liveries are due to be added over time, it already makes a formidable competitor to some of the faster cars currently available.

As an additional bonus Bugbear have added a brand new dirt oval, including an alternate Figure of 8 layout. The new track is again a work in progress release, however remains fully functional and already looks at a highly advance state.

Wreckfest Mixed 4 Track Update.png

In a final content push, the already released Mixed 4 track has been substantially re worked and improved from it's original release status. Bugbear have paid particular attention to the track itself and immediate environment, with trackside objects still under, you guessed it, work in progress....

You can check out the recently published results from the Bugbear Wreckfest fans survey by checking our article HERE.

Next Car Game: Wreckfest is currently available for Windows PC via the Steam Network. A proposed release to both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 is scheduled for sometime during 2017.

Wreckfest April Update.png.jpg

Check out the Wreckfest sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the game. Head over to the forum and join the discussion today!

Have you tried the new update yet? What do you think of the new car and track? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Bugbear is capable of making great racing games, but maybe I shouldn't have trusted on giving them $60 for an early access project (or any other game developer using early access for that matter). I've said it before somewhere here, and I'm saying it again.

It's a bit sad to say this, but I doubt that a lot of people will notice once this game finally gets a full release. The "hype" has worn off and people have already moved on. I'll still be playing this for sure but I can't say for the others who bought this game way back in late 2013.

They've already put the game up on sale at an unfinished state with the promise of updates and community involvement, but what we got in return was a bit underwhelming. They've made a first impression already and they won't make another one.

I'd like to proven wrong though...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back