Wreckfest | Update 1.11 Available Now on Xbox One and PS4

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest has been updated to version 1.11 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Available now for the two big hitting console machines after a long, often difficult but ultimately rewarding development period on PC, a new patch for Wreckfest has been deployed in the last couple of days - updating the game to build 1.11 on both Xbox One and PS4.

The new 1.11 build adds stability and performance improvements to the game, as well as a few tweaks to the online multiplayer functionality of multiplayer element of the title. Of course, a Wreckfest update wouldn't be complete without the inclusion of some new content, and this build is no different - with additional loaner cars having been made available in the custom events and demolition derby mode - including the Harvester and Sofa vehicles, for those wanting something a little bit different to experience!

Exciting times for Wreckfest fans on console...

Wreckfest Updated 1.jpg

Build 1.11 Update Notes (PS4):

SYSTEM

• Improved title stability.
  • Optimized mesh particle performance on all platforms.
  • Optimized performance of the 4K display mode.
USER INTERFACE
  • Added upgrade tier icons for armor and visual upgrade parts as well.
  • Improved icons of the upgrade parts and replaced inconsistent ones.
  • In career, changed "Stars" to "Bonus Targets" for consistency reasons.
  • Health bar no longer shows full health when the player has two points of health left.
GAMEPLAY
  • Loaner cars are now available in custom events as well.
  • Added new racing and demolition derby loaner cars.
  • Both Sofa Car and Harvester can be loaned now too.
  • Visual props no longer get detached from the slightest nudge.
  • In career, "Sandpit Showdown" now has the correct number of events.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Input lag reduced.
  • Added a variety of new event rotations for most server types.
  • The player intended by the user is now correctly selected when opening the context menu.
  • Chat (event log) no longer stops working intermittently.

Build 1.11 Update Notes (XB1):

SYSTEM

• Improved title stability.
  • Optimized mesh particle performance on all platforms.
  • Optimized performance of the 4K display mode.
USER INTERFACE
  • Added upgrade tier icons for armor and visual upgrade parts as well.
  • Improved icons of the upgrade parts and replaced inconsistent ones.
  • In career, changed "Stars" to "Bonus Targets" for consistency reasons.
  • Health bar no longer shows full health when the player has two points of health left.
GAMEPLAY
  • Loaner cars are now available in custom events as well.
  • Added new racing and demolition derby loaner cars.
  • Both Sofa Car and Harvester can be loaned now too.
  • Visual props no longer get detached from the slightest nudge.
  • In career, "Sandpit Showdown" now has the correct number of events.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Input lag reduced.
  • Added a variety of new event rotations for most server types.
  • The player intended by the user is now correctly selected when opening the context menu.
  • Chat (event log) no longer stops working intermittently.

Wreckfest Updated 2.jpg

Wreckfest is available now on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Got a question about the game? Ask our awesome community and start a new thread in the Wreckfest Sub Forum now!

Sim Racing is AWESOME

9fded5ad245bed85c26eeedc801a49c4.png

Sounds like new free tracks are still coming, this was posted yesterday on Wreckfest Discord. Wreckfest is a gift that keeps on giving, exemplary post-launch support

Personally been enjoying the slightly "wackier" new tracks with loops and whanot. As long as it doesn't get too ridiculous (like driving through random buildings for no reason) similar tracks are most welcome. They bring something new to the table, compared to the more realistic rallycross tracks

Great game.So much fun.
What is so good about this game is that it is much more of a sim than an arcade game.The damage is great & the cars handling gets worse with the damage.The cars all handle differently & the AI is probably the best I have seen.There is no ridiculous rubber banding so the gap to the leader stays the same if you are lapping at the same speed.The AI also make mistakes & crash each other.

Our little console racing group have had hours of fun in Wreckfest MP, the game has improved hugely since launch. In terms of the Xbox version, the loading times are now much quicker and it's easier to change/tune cars between races. The ability to change the handling of the cars through tuning is one of the best yet, it really makes a difference. The way the devs have listened and responded to the community has been first class if only more were like this for console players too. Who would have believed the never-ending early access would turn out this well?

Just my personal opinion, I think Wreckfest is best on console with a gamepad, it's fun on the PC/wheel etc but I get more from it as a maximum attack console game with friends.

The number of times I've snatched defeat from the jaws of almost certain victory in this game is what makes it so unique and replayable.

I have been thoroughly enjoying Wreckfest at the moment, trying to get enough credits to buy new cars from the market to try out, add performance / armor upgrades, which almost is a must when racing in online Multiplayer as the goto Lobby I frequent (mainly due to a better Ping) has mostly 'A' class cars....lol....personal favorites 'Roadslayer' / 'Rammer' with all upgrades and Armor with a 'B' rating.
I usually ask in the 'Chat' if there is anyone else using a Wheel / Pedals / H-Pattern / Handbrake...not many, a few though but mostly controller / gamepad racers.
...and sometimes, only sometimes I am on the way to a win, only to have it snatched from my grasp by a bloody Bus:roflmao::roflmao: blocking or ramming you...excellent challenge:inlove::)
Absolutely recommended:inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years