Wreckfest | Steel & Wheels DLC Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new DLC expansion pack for Wreckfest has been released - the 'Steel & Wheels' DLC is available now.

Wreckfest continues to receive a steady stream of post release DLC content since it dropped in full V1 release status back on June 14th last year, and this latest pack adds the 'Steel and Wheels' DLC on both Steam and the respective console stores.

Available now as either standalone DLC for £1.69 or part of the Wreckfest Season Pass, the new content adds a nice and slightly unusual collection of car armour for the various vehicles within the game - adding around 30 new parts for players to select, purchase and install when out on the tracks within the game.

Not sure what to expect? Check out the awesome retro style trailer below;

Wreckfest is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to know something specific about the game? Pop a thread together in the Wreckfest Sub Forum and let the community be your guide!

Wreckfest Steel and Wheels Pack 1.jpg
Wreckfest Steel and Wheels Pack 2.jpg

LOL...Dang, that's some very outrageous add-ons and will purchase them for sure:geek::). I wonder how much of a performance decrease you get for your car when adding the new beefier looking armor parts...or whether it increases your cars strength significantly as it is definitely needed online...:roflmao::roflmao:.
Wreckfest is a load of fun and quite a challenge using a Wheel / Pedals / H-Pattern / Handbrake....and I would not play this Sim / Game any other way:inlove:

Got the season pass, so I'll take it :) Hoped for cars though. Honestly I don't customize the cars very much visually because from cockpit view (all I use) it's not very noticeable anyway. Wish AI would use these parts

Armor upgrades and their placement have a meaning though... which is pretty cool system. I guess these are visual replacements for existing armors?

E: Cool trailer indeed lol... 80's style

I've read some Steam's reviews that people told that the game was nerfed after the consoles release's update. There is some true on that or is just generic internet whining?

The game is on my wishlist, but I'm a little afraid to be disappointed. I don't care if the game isn't a simulator, but I don't wanted a nerfed game.

I've read some Steam's reviews that people told that the game was nerfed after the consoles release's update. There is some true on that or is just generic internet whining?

The game is on my wishlist, but I'm a little afraid to be disappointed. I don't care if the game isn't a simulator, but I don't wanted a nerfed game.

I had the same concern as you about this game.
In my case, the thread in the link below was usefull to clear the concern.

OFFICIAL 2019 UPDATE THREAD

But it's currently 60% off sale on Steam, so buying and playing might be the easiest solution.
If you don't like it, you can refund it anyway ;)

I honestly didn't understand so much noise after September's huge update... But yep, they did stepped back, and are now offering the previous settings as well as the new ones made for consoles, so everyone should find his nice spot!
Game was a real surprise for me, I didn't expect getting so much fun and spending so much time with it! :)

Trying out 'Photo Mode' for the first time and I would have to say that it is one of the better ones where you can blur the background out very well:inlove:
Graphics and lighting in Wreckfest compares very well to all other Sims I own and although the cars and liveries are made up they rate very high on my personal scale of quality:thumbsup:
Some of my favorite cars with the new Armor upgrades applied.:geek::inlove:
Buggy
BUGGY 3 copy.jpg

Roadslayer
ROADSLAYER 2 copy.jpg

Gatecrasher
GATECRASHER 1 copy.jpg

...rocket launchers are still missing and the children's game is complete.

There is actually a rocket, that you can put on your roof. It's a dud though, not firing... :whistling:

But yeah the roof decorations especially have gotten quite wacky/silly with DLCs. So, on the other hand I'm glad that the AI doesn't use them. At least there's some immersion and believability left in the single player.

But would be nice if AI would use the DLC cars. To create some visual variety into the AI fields.

I have had it since the beginning in steam early access and it used to be more enjoyable in the early days with wheel and pedals. The cars used to get squashed into hilarious shapes and the AI were crazy. I used to be laughing too much to keep any pace. This part of the game i miss as it has been taken away it seems to a degree. The handing did for me get worse but has come back a little from early access. The game is great and a steal at 60% off, so you will not be disappointed.

I had the same concern as you about this game.
In my case, the thread in the link below was usefull to clear the concern.

OFFICIAL 2019 UPDATE THREAD

But it's currently 60% off sale on Steam, so buying and playing might be the easiest solution.
If you don't like it, you can refund it anyway ;)
Yes, it's not expensive, but I already did a lot of damage on my creditcard on this sale lol.

Thank you for the link.

I honestly didn't understand so much noise after September's huge update... But yep, they did stepped back, and are now offering the previous settings as well as the new ones made for consoles, so everyone should find his nice spot!
Game was a real surprise for me, I didn't expect getting so much fun and spending so much time with it! :)
I read on the link Morichin posted about it. FFB is a big concern for me, but if they are giving options it should be fine.

I have had it since the beginning in steam early access and it used to be more enjoyable in the early days with wheel and pedals. The cars used to get squashed into hilarious shapes and the AI were crazy. I used to be laughing too much to keep any pace. This part of the game i miss as it has been taken away it seems to a degree. The handing did for me get worse but has come back a little from early access. The game is great and a steal at 60% off, so you will not be disappointed.
What about the FFB options?

On the link above, the producers said that the damage model is more realistic now... this is like he is saying?

If I don't buy it on Black Friday there aways be the Winter Sales... maybe the game will be 60% off again.

Yes, it's not expensive, but I already did a lot of damage on my creditcard on this sale lol.

Thank you for the link.

I read on the link Morichin posted about it. FFB is a big concern for me, but if they are giving options it should be fine.

What about the FFB options?

On the link above, the producers said that the damage model is more realistic now... this is like he is saying?

If I don't buy it on Black Friday there aways be the Winter Sales... maybe the game will be 60% off again.

I bought this game today (cuz I missed the last sale), so I haven't tested the previous version of FFB yet, but the behavior of the car is better than I imagined.

Personally, I have the impression that FFB is "as it is" . At least it feels more natural than WRC 8, which requested a refund for not finding a sweet spot within 2 hours.

The grip on the tarmac is a little confusing or vague, but I think it's not a big problem because it's common in games that are based on dirt. I feel that the gravel grip and drifting sensation is close to DR2.0. That is not bad at all.

Judging whether FFB is good or bad depends greatly on individual preferences, so for your reference, I write down the SIM playing time I own. If your favorite game is similar to me, you might not regret buying a Wreckfest.

AC 600h
DR2.0 180h
ACC 150h
AMS 130h
RF2 80h
DR1 80h
iRA & R3E few h

There is very little you can do about FFB in the in-game menu. Virtually only the overall strength. So as I wrote before, it's easy to give up the game and refund. In my case, I didn't regret to put up with a tomorrow's pizza and a glass of beer for this game:)

Attachments

• スクリーンショット (28).png
    スクリーンショット (28).png
    776.2 KB · Views: 280
I've had some right hilarious races online in this game.
One that stands out is c.a. 6 busses me being one of them completely blocking the path across the race track, and watching the leaders come piling into them and getting stuck haha
...so that was you...LOL....I do not mind when some racers jump into Buses or Harvesters as this does add an extra challenge trying to get around them during the race, especially on the small Figure 8 track :roflmao::roflmao:....and the Buses can still move along quite fast.

I bought this game today (cuz I missed the last sale), so I haven't tested the previous version of FFB yet, but the behavior of the car is better than I imagined.

Personally, I have the impression that FFB is "as it is" . At least it feels more natural than WRC 8, which requested a refund for not finding a sweet spot within 2 hours.

The grip on the tarmac is a little confusing or vague, but I think it's not a big problem because it's common in games that are based on dirt. I feel that the gravel grip and drifting sensation is close to DR2.0. That is not bad at all.

Judging whether FFB is good or bad depends greatly on individual preferences, so for your reference, I write down the SIM playing time I own. If your favorite game is similar to me, you might not regret buying a Wreckfest.

AC 600h
DR2.0 180h
ACC 150h
AMS 130h
RF2 80h
DR1 80h
iRA & R3E few h

There is very little you can do about FFB in the in-game menu. Virtually only the overall strength. So as I wrote before, it's easy to give up the game and refund. In my case, I didn't regret to put up with a tomorrow's pizza and a glass of beer for this game:)
I like any kind of race game (on AC I have almost 900hr... but have hundreds on games like Ride 2/3, Mario Kart, Horizon Chase and Midnight Club LA) , as long it's good... I'm just not so eager to get another game yet. On this sale I bought MGS5, Elite Dangerous and some very cheap indies... the first two are the kind of games that people spend hundreds of hours and I believe that will happen the same with me.

Wreckfest is on my wishlist since early-access... like dozens of other games that I use to don't buy because another big time-eater appears here lol. I'm thinking about buying it on Winter Sale. You guys are convincing me to finally give it a try.

There is alternative FFB profiles for the game in Steam Workshop. For example this one:

It's by the lead developer of Wreckfest. So, official mod. Doesn't prevent playing multiplayer (no anti tamper block). After subscribing to the mod, you need to enable it from Wreckfest options page and restart game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 506 39.0%