Wreckfest | Season 2 Trailer Reveals New Cars And Tracks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bugbear Entertainment have released a new trailer for their upcoming Season 2 content release within Wreckfest - showing fresh cars and tracks coming to this exciting racing title.
  • New season to add various new cars to the game.
  • Additional tracks coming as part of season 2 release.
  • No exact release date available - but expected soon.

If you aren't familiar with Wreckfest yet, get familiar with it quickly it's awesome! If you are familiar and have it in your Steam library then looks like the coming few weeks / months are set to be a good one for you - content is cool - and lots of content is coming to the title in the near future!

Looks and sounds like it should be fun!

Wreckfest is available now on both console and PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the title? Lucky you, we've got a sub forum packed full of knowledgeable players to help you out! Head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest Sub Forum and start up a new thread today!

Wreckfest Footer.jpg

Attachments

• Wreckfest Header.jpg
    Wreckfest Header.jpg
    799.8 KB · Views: 317,873
Last edited:
Just wish they had a proper racing (sim like) element in this game. If the new content does this, might revisit it.

They do - they're called banger racing and demolition derby. Both are types of motor sport that are very much alive and well, although not often televised.

Also even though the cars are imaginary (although based on real world cars) the response and handling of the cars definitely puts it more on the sim side of things, especially when using a wheel.

I don't understand why the AI should race "clean". Them being pricks is part of the idea

See what the grey car is doing at 1:53 --->

Reversing straight into someone coming behind him, on purpose. Another deliberate contact at 2:13 and 2:28 and 2:44 (and several other places)

Banger racing is indeed a real thing. Demo derbies too. The physics/FFB aren't as nuanced as full-blown sim, but closer to sim than arcade IMO.

Also the cars are indeed based on real counterparts (well, perhaps not the outhouse car etc.), not just the looks but the physics, according to the lead developer Janne. Only reason they don't use real brand/model names is licensing

As for the Season 2, I'd assume it will be another paid DLC Season Pass, where tracks are free but cars aren't. Will definitely pick it up, but pretty sure it will also cause some whining again about how a game developed since 2013, launched in 2018 and still developed in 2020 should give all that content for free...

Last edited:
This is awesome I so wish it had VR
Try what I do: get a big cinema mod for VR Desktop, and play the game on its big movie screen. Its not stereoscopic, but it is so much bigger, you see so much more detail and are drawn so much deeper into the screen. This title works very well for doing like this. I do not play Wreckfest any different anymore. My preferred VR movie screen is the Cinemaxx DLC for VR Desktop, it can be had in two versions, one brighter and one darker, I pick the latter.

Warning, this method works not for every game, some, especially in first person perspective and then running around, can cause nausea within seconds this way. And I am usually not vulnerable to VR nausea at all. Wreckfest however works like a charm for me.

Last edited:
Try what I do: get a big cinema mod for VR Desktop, and play the game on its big movie screen. Its not stereoscopic, but it is so much bigger, you see so much more detail and are drawn so much deeper into the screen. This title works very well for doing like this. I do not play Wreckfest any different anymore. My preferred VR movie screen is the Cinemaxx DLC for VR Desktop, it can be had in two versions, one brighter and one darker, I pick the latter.

Warning, this method works not for every game, some, especially in first person perspective and then running around, can cause nausea within seconds this way. And I am usually not vulnerable to VR nausea at all. Wreckfest however works like a charm for me.
I might give it a go, thank you

An absolute riot of a game:D:roflmao:, very good handling / FFB for what this is, fantastic deformation and highly detailed cars and tracks :inlove::thumbsup:...and also bloody frustrating when you get that win snatched from you in a Figure 8 track :roflmao::roflmao:.
It also has one of the best functioning, easy to use 'Photo Modes' I have used so far to get that depth of field blur in the background :inlove:...personal opinion of course. ;)
My fav car at the moment, the 'Speedbird' :inlove:

1 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP copy.jpg
2 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP copy.jpg
3 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP copy.jpg
4 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP crop copy.jpg
5 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP copy.jpg

...need more speed:roflmao:...if there was a game that needs 'VR', this game is it
0 WRECKFEST DEATHLOOP copy.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is unpopular opinion but I wish instead of years of new content and years of new DLC I wish game developers stop and then give us Wreckfest 2.

Many people attack me or attack developers who do this by saying it's "dump-and-move on" or it's "cash grab", but think about it, you get a new game engine, new modern physics, graphics level that weren't possible with the older game and maybe different (or added) content.

I know this is unpopular opinion but I wish instead of years of new content and years of new DLC I wish game developers stop and then give us Wreckfest 2.

Many people attack me or attack developers who do this by saying it's "dump-and-move on" or it's "cash grab", but think about it, you get a new game engine, new modern physics, graphics level that weren't possible with the older game and maybe different (or added) content.
Maybe price it at 20$ to make people less frustrated. My idea is that they get the same revenue and they spend the same time and effort. The only difference is that we as users will be able to try a game and then move in to another game or a newer version.

An absolute riot of a game:D:roflmao:, very good handling / FFB for what this is, fantastic deformation and highly detailed cars and tracks :inlove::thumbsup:...and also bloody frustrating when you get that win snatched from you in a Figure 8 track :roflmao::roflmao:.
It also has one of the best functioning, easy to use 'Photo Modes' I have used so far to get that depth of field blur in the background :inlove:...personal opinion of course. ;)
My fav car at the moment, the 'Speedbird' :inlove:

View attachment 405624View attachment 405625View attachment 405626View attachment 405627View attachment 405628
...need more speed:roflmao:...if there was a game that needs 'VR', this game is it
View attachment 405629

Although I am a guy who uses VR and thinks it's decades more modern than the good old triples, your screenshots make me think twise before playing this game in VR, lol. Anyway let's wait and see.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 181 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 356 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 498 39.1%