Wreckfest | New Update - New Free Tracks

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The game formally known as Next Car Game: Wreckfest has been updated - and with the new build comes new, free content.

Yes, everyone's favourite price point, free content is without doubt the highlight of the new Wreckfest game build, as developers Bugbear Entertainment treat players with not one, but two highly enjoyable new tracks within the title.

The new Thunderbowl location is a return to fan favourite destruction derby style madness, where the aim of the game isn't to race, but to survive the onslaught of other cars trying their hardest to put you out of the competition. A bowl shaped arena (hence the name), the 'track' is certainly a little different than recent content offerings for the title.

Taking things back to the more traditional, the other new circuit to be added to the game as part of this update is the Tribend Speedway - a high speed race track that comes in two different formats, depending on the level of obstacles players choose to navigate around within the game. Tribend is another of the community created and Bugbear updated circuits from 'Theveryend' - a well known name for anyone familiar with the modding scene within Wreckfest.

RELEASE NOTES (XB1/PS4)

Game version
  • Xbox: 1.3.0.1
  • PS4: 1.31
CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Thunderbowl and Tribend Speedway.
SYSTEM
  • (PS4) Added support for Voice Chat.
  • (PS4) Improved loading times by 15–25% depending on the case.
  • Game may no longer crash when selecting Raiden RS.
  • Parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view.
  • AI Players no longer get stuck after respawning.
USER INTERFACE
  • Fixed "Reset Effect" setting title and description being switched.
GAMEPLAY
  • Digital clutch release is now not as penalizing when shifting sloppily.
  • First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
  • When using shifting modes with automatic clutch, all cars now use the faster shifter profiles in order to make cars more equal.
  • Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when using upgrades from the Steel & Wheels pack.
  • Improved Hornet model, engine and suspension.
  • Raiden RS is now slightly weaker and maxes out slightly earlier performance-wise.
  • Increased Rebelrat maximum performance points to make it more competitive.
  • Improved Raiden RS mudflaps and a number of other panels.
  • Added an upgrade part to remove the Raiden RS front panel.
  • Fixed an issue when Raiden RS materials turned partially black when a specific exhaust part was installed.
  • Fixed Raiden RS misconfigured locked differential.
  • Fixed Raiden RS grille causing a fatal error when uninstalled.
  • Fixed Raiden RS lod model window pivot, causing the window to float above the car.
  • Fixed Vandal grille causing an error when uninstalled.
  • Fixed Vandal "Upright Side Headers" exhaust.
  • Fixed Vandal "Rallysport" tire upgrade.
  • Fixed Vandal "Hot Dog" prop name.
  • Vandal window glass now breaks correctly.
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break in tandem.
AUDIO
  • Fixed missing Venom engine audio.
  • Improved engine audio volume balancing across different cars.
  • Stationary vehicles no longer repeatedly trigger the contact sound effect.
  • Shifted audio emitter axis of AI vehicles to better match 3D sound location with visual positioning.

RELEASE NOTES (PC)

Note that PC users already received most of the improvements in the previous hotfix.

Game version
  • PC: 1.256814
CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Tribend and Thunderbowl.
SYSTEM
  • Fixed a crash during title launch when "Documents" folder is located on a network drive.
  • Parts of the vehicle no longer flicker when looking around in the cockpit view.
  • AI Players no longer get stuck after respawning.
GAMEPLAY
  • First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
  • When using shifting modes with automatic clutch, all cars now use the faster shifter profiles in order to make cars more equal.
  • Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when using upgrades from the Steel & Wheels pack.
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break in tandem.
  • Improved Hornet model, engine and suspension.
  • Raiden RS is now slightly weaker and maxes out slightly earlier performance-wise.
  • Vandal brake lights no longer break from hits to the side.
AUDIO
  • Shifted audio emitter axis of AI vehicles to better match 3D sound location with visual positioning.

Original Source: Wreckfest

Wreckfest is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Got questions? Let our community help you out! Start a new thread at the Wreckfest sub forum today.

Wreckfest 1.jpg

Last edited:

M D Gourley

Premium
First gear is now engaged during the race countdown, eliminating the unnecessary gear change when using automatic transmission and making the launch equal between fully automatic, manual and manual with clutch shifting modes.
Dang...this was my only advantage on getting a head start on the starting grid as I use Clutch and Manual H-Pattern, so letting out the clutch and accerating at the exact right time I was sometimes able to get 4 cars lengths ahead of the field....which is great when you where 1st on the Grid because I got a great head start on most of the field and sometimes avoided the first corner pile up....lol....word must have gotten back to Bugbear...:roflmao::roflmao:

Shifted audio emitter axis of AI vehicles to better match 3D sound location with visual positioning.
Fantastic news, as using Cockpit view or Bonnet view I can now hear cars behind me, and to which side, in I assume is surround sound. :thumbsup::inlove:

Really enjoying Wreckfest at the moment, trying out different 'Lobbies' found a couple that suit depending on what mood you are in, either 'Racing Clean' or 'You are going to get wrecked and no one cares'...lol...first time in this lobby I went from 1st to last by the first corner, got wrecked and had to sit out the entire race.:mad::confused::roflmao::roflmao:

Freezes on loading screen for me also.
Are you certain it's a freeze? With all the track/car additions lately, loading time has become incredibly long. Even from M.2 SSD. Maybe it's a freeze for you, just making sure. My game loads, but takes forever

Tracks themselves load pretty quickly though. Just the main menu loads for an eternity, and the loading progress percentage 0-100% doesn't even appear in a long time. But it's already loading before that

Bonehead

Premium
Are you certain it's a freeze? With all the track/car additions lately, loading time has become incredibly long. Even from M.2 SSD. Maybe it's a freeze for you, just making sure. My game loads, but takes forever

Tracks themselves load pretty quickly though. Just the main menu loads for an eternity, and the loading progress percentage 0-100% doesn't even appear in a long time. But it's already loading before that
I'll give it fifteen minutes this time. Thanks.

This is all I get. I've searched and plenty of other people have had the same problem. I've done everything that has been suggested to try with no luck. Windows Security isn't blocking it, I've reinstalled, verified integrity etc, nothing works.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.29 - 09.57.48.18.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.02.29 - 09.57.48.18.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 508
This is all I get. I've searched and plenty of other people have had the same problem. I've done everything that has been suggested to try with no luck. Windows Security isn't blocking it, I've reinstalled, verified integrity etc, nothing works.

Hmm can you think of anything "non-standard" about your My Documents folder? Is it redirected to a network drive? Special characters in username? Anything along those lines?

M D Gourley

Premium
Online I have seen a number of Lobbies using a mod called 'The Very Track Pack'...available in the Wreckfest 'Workshop' on Steam. there are similar tracks to whats already in there, but came across this one called 'Farmlands' which is what you might expect from the title...driving on a country rural road and I would have to say, what a fantastic track / road it is.
Broken up into 5 Stages with a 'Reverse' stage as well. The roads have undulations, slight hills and right angle corners enough to make it a real challenge when driving fast...I am personally geeking out over this one :inlove::inlove:...and I would say this is one type of track Wreckfest needs in the game permanently...personal opinion of course :thumbsup:...highly recommended
1 WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
2 WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
2a WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
3 WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
3a WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
4 WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg
5 WRECKFEST The Very Track Pack FARMALNDS copy.jpg

M D Gourley

Premium
Really enjoying the TVTP Farmlands Track...thought I would take the Bus out for a drive...something very therapeutic about just driving the Bus normally, listening to the revs, changing through the gears with clutch and H-pattern shifter...quite relaxing for a change :)
Stopped at most driveways and found one that I could drive right up to the House, pick up the passengers and drive out to the road again...lol. very cool indeed.
1 WRECKFEST tvtp FARMLANDS BUS House copy.jpg
2 WRECKFEST tvtp FARMLANDS BUS copy.jpg
3 WRECKFEST tvtp FARMLANDS BUS copy.jpg
4 WRECKFEST tvtp FARMLANDS BUS copy.jpg

Online I have seen a number of Lobbies using a mod called 'The Very Track Pack'...available in the Wreckfest 'Workshop' on Steam. there are similar tracks to whats already in there, but came across this one called 'Farmlands' which is what you might expect from the title...driving on a country rural road and I would have to say, what a fantastic track / road it is.

Yep, great track. Shame if they don't bring such tracks into the official game.

The track choices they've made so far, are quite "conservative". (The wacky tracks like Hellride are by Bugbear themselves, not TheVeryEnd). Why not bring something special like this, to make it Wreckfest's own "Nordschleife". This track wouldn't even need lot of extra polish to meet the official standard IMO, as is the case with newest tracks by TheVeryEnd.

He's made also another great similar track, I can't recall it's name but it was based on real roads in Norway. There is a road under construction and some related machinery in one spot.

M D Gourley

Premium
Yep, great track. Shame if they don't bring such tracks into the official game.

The track choices they've made so far, are quite "conservative". Why not bring something special like this, to make it Wreckfest's own "Nordschleife". This track wouldn't even need lot of extra polish to meet the official standard IMO, as is the case with newest tracks by TheVeryEnd.

He's made also another great similar track, I can't recall it's name but it was based on real roads in Norway. There is a road under construction and some related machinery in one spot.
Absolutely agree...this type of Track would give Wreckfest more diversity....and the Track creator does an outstanding job.

Sorry to be clumsy but where is the download option for this mod?
Steam Workshop, The Very TrackPack:

Subscribe to that, then enable in game (main menu --> last page on right --> mods --> restart game)

It's the modder who's tracks have become official (and I feel there's more to come, based on how he keeps changing the mod files, small Workshop file updates haven been loading past couple of days. It has previously implied, that they removed a track, because it was about to become official)

Actually easier than modding in most other driving games.

Steam Workshop is super easy to use. Compared to downloading mods from RD, manually updating them, backuping originals, searching for what mod/remaints of mod is causing conflicts again etc.

None of that is needed with Steam Workshop, just subscribe/unsub if you didn't like it. Mod gets automatic updates, automatic install, no backups of original files or looking around the game folders needed

Now Content Manager is doing some of that for Assetto Corsa, but for example AC or Automobilista would have benefited greatly from similar Steam Workshop support, as Wreckfest has.

Inside Wreckfest menus it's just an in-built mod enabler. So you don't have uninstall mods to disable them temporarily. Also convenient, for most other titles I need to use 3rd party enablers, because I don't want to overwrite game files (in case I want to uninstall a mod later)

What I described is just the installation process, you won't have to worry about it on later startups

Last edited:
Well, I already subscribed to Steam and after restarting I get an example track that consists of 4 oval versions in the last one there is nothing and the others give a loading error Clutter_grass_small_02 not found of 50% When I mean complicated it is because I am used to installing Mods by copying the files into the game directory directly. What are the name of the new circuits?

Last edited:
Well, I already subscribed to Steam and after restarting I get an example track that consists of 4 oval versions in the last one there is nothing and the others give a loading error Clutter_grass_small_02 not found of 50% When I mean complicated it is because I am used to installing Mods by copying the files into the game directory directly. What are the name of the new circuits?
Well, there might be problems with a mod, if the modder changed something and didn't notice a bug. But The Very Track Pack should be visible in the track menu inside the game as separate assortment of tracks, if it works for you. I haven't tried it in a while, been running the default Wreckfest. TVTP mod goes through changes quite frequently, since the modder is required to delete tracks from it, when they are in the process of becoming official. Maybe he has missed something, but some tracks should still load up. If not, not much you can do, but wait for a patch or report it to him directly (He is a very helpful guy)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000