Wreckfest | New Update Free Tracks and Plenty of Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new update has been released for the console and PC versions of Wreckfest - with plenty of content and improvements included...

Yes, December is very much month of racing game updates, and now it is the turn of Wreckfest to eat up that all-important fair usage internet download policy - releasing a mammoth new update that brings new tracks, and one or two nice feature enhancements to this continually improving and evolving title.

Deployed on December 17th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC versions of the game, the Wreckfest 'December Update' release adds two brand new tracks to the title - the Hellride and Vale Falls circuits. Both tracks are free content additions for owners of the game, and both provide a nice mix of high speed racing alongside the ever present threat of jeopardy - just like a good Wreckfest track should!

Other highlights from the new build include a number of useful gameplay enhancements - not least of which is the addition of car customisation in multiplayer games, and (at long last) - track voting!

You can check out the new update notes below:

CONTENT
  • Added two new tracks: Hellride & Vale Falls Circuit
  • Added support for DLC Modified Monsters Car Pack
MULTIPLAYER
  • (XB1/PS4) Users can create a public lobby which is visible in the server browser for everyone and has a maximum cap of 16 players
  • It’s now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby
  • Implemented track voting. If voting is enabled, clients vote on the next event after they’re back in the lobby after event results, choosing from previous event again, or one of two other events from the current rotation
  • Improved prediction precision of suspension geometry and steering, enhancing gameplay experience especially with high latency
  • (PC) Voting can be enabled and disabled in the server config (please see the example config for more information)
  • (PC) A dedicated server can be now excluded from being joined by users entering Quick Match by using “exclude_from_quickplay=0” server setting
  • (PC) Client is no longer kicked out of multiplayer when connection to Steam is lost
GAMEPLAY
  • Ragdolling no longer results in the player being wrecked; instead, the ragdoll can be reset back in the vehicle by using the reset button
  • A vehicle that has just been reset is now visualized in ghost mode
  • Limousine car is now slightly weaker
  • Chase camera now avoid clipping into vehicles and zooms closer whenever a vehicle is right behind the player to make sure the view is not obstructed
  • Camera no longer snaps into a position due to a bottom collision to the car
  • Transitioning into and out of camera look-around mode is now seamless
  • Backfire pop now works on AI and remote cars as well
  • The wheels from Steel & Wheels DLC now have correct physical properties including mass
  • The window bars from Steel & Wheel DLC are now correctly hidden when using the cockpit camera
  • Roadslayer window mesh now has the correct weight
  • Improved Sofa Car handling
USER INTERFACE
  • Reset button key is now correctly hidden while holding reset button.
  • High ping warning message is no longer stuck on the screen after leaving multiplayer.
  • Quit prompt is now correct cleared after the event starts in case it was open in lobby.
  • Added a slight delay to the end of the Last Man Standing so that’s it not as abrupt.
SYSTEM
  • Various stability and performance improvements.
  • On Xbox One X and PS4 Pro, the title automatically renders in 4K or HD resolution depending on the resolution of the attached display.
  • The game no longer sporadically crashes to “Out of Index Buffer Memory” during multiplayer.
  • The game no longer crashes when equipping “Racing Wing” on the Warwagon while trunk lid has been removed by another upgrade.
  • (XB1) Steering wheels are now correctly reactivated, making it unnecessary to unplug the device and then plug it back in.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes to “Could not open file for writing: save/settings.conf” when settings file is invalid.
  • (PC) The game no longer crashes upon launching when certain input devices are plugged in.
  • Implemented wheel hub collisions.

Wreckfest is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to know something specific about the game? Pop a thread together in the Wreckfest Sub Forum and let the community be your guide!

Wreckfest Update 1.jpg
Wreckfest Update 2.jpg

I've been considering this and honestly I think I'm coming to the conclusion that Wreckfest is going to be my game of the year. But it's tight - every time I think Wreckfest is going to win, ACC is coming up with some genius stuff - 2 completely different games in the genre, but both extremely fun and satisfying for different reasons.

Can I have two games of the year? Sure I can, I make the rules when it comes to my opinions.

The new Monsters Car Pack is a riot....and once you get the 'Dragslayer' going it's very fast ;) and the 'killerpig' was a big surprise once I added performance upgrades, but still a 'Pig' to drive though:roflmao::roflmao:...overall a fun pack and both an awesome and frustrating time online in multiplayer:mad::roflmao::inlove:
Some screens shots from my Triple Screen set up:)...missing the 'Pocket Rocket' as a screen shot as I have not tried that out as yet.
2 WRECKFEST DRAGSLAYER copy.jpg
3 WRECKFEST WARDIGGER a copy.jpg
4 WRECKFEST BUGZILLA copy.jpg
1 WRECKFEST KILLERPIG at HELLRIDE copy.jpg

Last edited:
  • It’s now possible to change (and purchase) vehicle upgrades and paint job directly in the lobby
This is a long-awaited way to address the restriction on owning only one car per type. You couldn't swap engines in the lobby before, but now if you own multiple engines, you can change it so you comply with the server's class restrictions or just because you want a different class version of that car. Excellent addition along with the many other ongoing updates this title has received.

Look up the original FFB in the Workshop if you want something closer to a sim experience. The devs replaced it with what I can only assume is a more console-friendly version when consoles were added. Lots of grumbling from PC users, so the original was put on the Workshop as a mod (that does not cause any issues online).

It's been a while since I played; I uninstalled when I went to fanatic pedals with Thrustmaster wheel and needed multiple inputs which I couldn't get Wreckfest to work with. I wasn't sure if that was me or the game, but can it work with multiple inputs now?

It's been a while since I played; I uninstalled when I went to fanatic pedals with Thrustmaster wheel and needed multiple inputs which I couldn't get Wreckfest to work with. I wasn't sure if that was me or the game, but can it work with multiple inputs now?
Yes, it works for my set up....but the only problem I have is having 2x Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mods and having to re-map the Handbrake each time I start the Game...this is no problem for me.
My Rig below and all the inputs show up in game...even the 'Button Box'
SIM RIG AOC MONITOR acc cockpit VIEW FLAT copy.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to comment on how much fun I've had with the update but after seeing the picture of the setup above I just need to take a bit of a moment....
lol....It does add a whole new challenge in Wreckfest, especially as I personally like to drive with manual H-Pattern and Clutch and Cockpit view....but usually after the first corner pile up the car bonnet obscures my vision:roflmao::roflmao:...so then it's Bonnet cam from then on:thumbsup::inlove:..

Yes, it works for my set up....but the only problem I have is having 2x Thrustmaster TSS Handbrake Sparco Mods and having to re-map the Handbrake each time I start the Game...this is no problem for me.
My Rig below and all the inputs show up in game...even the 'Button Box'
View attachment 339834
Wowzers - is this this the type of setup I'm racing against?, no wonder I'm always a few seconds off the fastest lappers :D.

Wowzers - is this this the type of setup I'm racing against?, no wonder I'm always a few seconds off the fastest lappers
lol...it's usually the other way around for me, as I am usually off the pace from the racers who use Hand Controllers....although sometimes it's because I'm taken out or a racer crashes in front of me blocking my way forward and also a lot of the time I am practicing evasive driving just to avoid those crashes...lol
I usually ask in the Lobby, who here are using a Wheel and Pedal set up....it's not many...lol....but for me it's not about winning, but the fun / challenge factor...awesome Game:inlove:

Last edited:
Lets be honest.Part of the attraction of racing is the crashes.This game combines racing,fun & crashes & unlike other simcade titles is very realistic.There is no rubber banding on the higher settings,the damage is great & vehicle handling is more realistic than titles like Forza.One of the major reasons I dislike Forza Horizon is that you can drive a Lamborghini across a field as if it is a 4x4 Range Rover!
It is also a great way for children to get into racing games.My nephew got bored while visiting,I set up Wreckfest for him & he jumped straight in & loved it.

It's working superbly on Xbox One too. We had some truly laugh out loud moments in our first private lobby with a few AI cars thrown in to make up the numbers. The updated handling is great fun too, the cars really squeal the tyres as they lean on dodgy old suspension on the tarmac and then dig in and bog down on the loose surfaces.

I gently nudged my good friend's car through the first corner and somehow sent him flying off the track. He says I was flat out, wiped him out on purpose and that I was going so fast I'd never have made the corner. All nonsense, of course, I know I'd easily have made the corner even without the gentle tap, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Great to have such a fun game where the actual aim is to drive like most public lobby racing games!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 231 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.2%