Wreckfest | New Update Available Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Bugbear Entertainment have deployed a new build update for their awesome Wreckfest title.
  • Update available now on console and PC.
  • Various game freeze issues resolved.
  • Work on Banger Racing element of the title.

Build update time is here! OK, it's not a huge one in the grand scale of things, but I'm always happy to see games I enjoy get some new love and attention from the team behind the development, and Bugbear Entertainment are certainly continuing to work hard bringing goodness to the world of Wreckfest.

In this new build, the team have done plenty of work across the game, from various fixes to AI tweaks, new audio files and work on the tracks - a pretty decent collection of changes, available now on both console and PC versions of the game - changelog below:

Wreckfest Update Middle.jpg

SYSTEM
  • Game no longer sporadically freezes when changing upgrades in the garage.
  • Game should no longer crash to "Out of Vertex Buffer Memory" during event loading.
  • Game no longer gets stuck in infinite loading when changing upgrades while car creation is active in background for another player or bot.
TOURNAMENT
  • It’s no longer possible to cheat extra time in the “Checkpoint Chase” monthly event.
  • It's now possible to tune Razor in the tournament event even when not owning the DLC.
  • Added missing wheels to the Speedemon tournament reward bundle.
  • Tournament shop items are now correctly marked as exclusive.
  • Improved "Razed" tournament reward livery.
GAMEPLAY/VEHICLES
  • Improved wheel hub vs dynamic object collisions.
  • Added a new "Bangers" AI Set containing banger racing cars.
  • DLC banger racing cars now also appear in the career banger racing events.
  • Dominator, Nexus RX and Boomer no longer appear as ineligible in lobby for seemingly no reason.
  • Added missing Class A AI Players for Grand Duke, Little Trasher, Wildking, Sweeper, Buller, Cardinal and Razor.
  • Schoolbus reward paint is now correctly received from "Diesel & Destruction" career event.
  • The career Big Rig event “The Convoy” is now easier.
  • Novice AI Difficulty is now slightly easier.
  • Improved Rocket RX AI.
  • Fixed Hammerhead fuel lid geometry.
  • Fixed Cardinal fuel lid joint angle.
  • Improved Hellvester visual damage.
  • Improved Supervan collision.
  • Fixed Bullet grid grille material.
  • Fixed Bullet double rails clipping with the door.
  • Fixed Bullet exhaust clipping with certain hood upgrades.
  • Fixed Bullet, Cardinal and Razor name shown in the purchase confirmation popups.
  • Fixed Rocket RX hood texturing, seat scale and fender pivots.
  • Fixed Cardinal missing seat.
  • Fixed flickering wheel lod of Speedbird tournament reward wheels.
TRACKS
  • Improved Hillstreet Circuit environment art.
  • Improved AI racing line on Boulder bank Circuit Main Route Reverse.
  • Added missing clutter texture to the example track.
  • Cleaned up a number of old levels.
AUDIO
  • Fixed all AI vehicles that had issues with audio cutting off at redline RPM.
  • Added new contact sounds for barrel shrapnel.

Wreckfest is available now on both console and PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the title? Lucky you, we've got a sub forum packed full of knowledgeable players to help you out! Head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest Sub Forum and start up a new thread today!

Wreckfest Update Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I recently bought this on Steam but unfortunately had to get it refunded as there is a known issue with it not saving Fanatec wheel settings each time you exit the game. I was hoping there might have been a fix in this patch. Shame, as I really liked what I saw :(

I recently bought this on Steam but unfortunately had to get it refunded as there is a known issue with it not saving Fanatec wheel settings each time you exit the game. I was hoping there might have been a fix in this patch. Shame, as I really liked what I saw :(

Strangely, I have a Fanatec CSL Elite and was not aware of this problem! Is it a recent issue? I haven't played so much recently and lately, I mainly hook up my old T300 for kids to play this at desktop, instead of on my now separate sim rig...

Thanks for reminding me about this great 'Sim' Paul. I haven't played it in a long time, and with all the seriousness now in the racing simulation world, I'm going to do some seriously fun 'Drinking While Driving' races in it. Maybe it's just me, however I really think the physics are pretty darn good! BuRp... excuse me please.
You are right, the physics are quite good.
Kind of GT SimCad style, realistic but forgiving

Too much talking... My beer is getting warm :-p ...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%