Wreckfest | New Update And Tournament Modes Now Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest has been updated recently - adding plenty of fixes, tweaks, changes and improvements.
  • New tournament: Wasteland Wreckers
  • New free tournament reward vehicle: Battle Bus
  • Engine upgrades for many special vehicles

Available now on both the console and PC versions of Wreckfest, the new build is available to download the next time you restart your game, and comes with a nice collection of changes and improvements to this popular and exciting racing title.

Of the key changes from the latest build update, the addition of a new tournament and the 'Battle Bus' vehicle are perhaps the most prominent, although the latest build does have a nice collection of fixes and quality of life improvements - especially around multiplayer and AI interactions.

You can check out the developer note and build update details below:

We're pleased to announce the availability of a new tournament!

After the thrilling high-speed pursuits of the out-going Getaway Heat, it's time to change gears and start shelling some serious hits again! This time we're inviting you to join us on derelict Rockfield Roughspot on which you're going to be the main star of a gladiator battle and face off with badass wrecking crew. For that, a new tool of destruction is waiting for you: Battle Bus! Armored to the teeth and equipped with a massive plow, this thing will demolish absolutely everything in its path. Your mission: destroy the oncoming marauders, wreck your way to the top of the rankings and claim your own Battle Bus. The monthly events are no slouch either, challenging you to cause as much chaos as possible using the Bandit Ripper on selected tracks. Who will be the toughest wrecker this time around? Time to find out!

Apart from the new tournament, this release also contains numerous other neat additions. First of all, we've added engine upgrades for many special vehicles as well as tweaked their handling, so if up until now you've thought something like School Bus is too slow and boring for you make sure to check it out now! We've also expanded the AI Sets, so now it's possible to, for example, arrange a custom event against a random mix of normal cars and special vehicles. It might get crazy yes, so please don't tell us we didn't warn you. Other things worth cherry-picking from the release notes is fixes to player inventory handling, removing bogus duplicates and making sure player can doesn't appear ineligible for no reason, damage from wheel hub collisions now yielding score to the attacker, leaderboard update improvements, and more. We invite you to review the summary of items fixed or improved below for full details.

SYSTEM
  • Fixed a rare case in which game might have crashed during race start.
  • Duplicate upgrades are now removed from the player inventory when detected.
  • Vehicle ambient occlusion now looks more correct, and is more prominent as well.
  • (XB1) Changing profile when the previous profile was still loading no longer results in the profile data of the first profile being overwritten.
  • (XB1) Title no longer crashes when attempting to change the profile in specific situation.
  • (XB1) Selected resolution is now saved correctly.
  • (XB1) Audio settings are now saved correctly.
  • (XB1) All tracks now have leaderboards.
TOURNAMENT
  • New tournament season: Wasteland Wreckers.
  • New free tournament reward vehicle: Battle Bus.
  • Leaderboards are now updated in a more timely manner in the results screen.
    Please note that on consoles the leaderboard update can take up to five minutes.
  • In the event details, “Updating...” notification is now displayed while leaderboards are being updated.
USER INTERFACE
  • Added a warning notification when trying to install a part that is incompatible with one or more already installed parts.
  • HUD no longer contains overlapping bogus elements when starting a custom event after playing a tournament event.
MULTIPLAYER
  • Player vehicle no longer occasionally appears “ineligible” for no reason after attempting to change the paint.
  • A failed join attempt is now correctly aborted and the game no longer goes into infinite lockup.
  • Event rotation no longer gets stuck when moderator, admin or host has an ineligible car selected when loading the next event.
  • (PC) Server no longer loads a wrong event after too many tracks are enabled on the server.
  • (PC) Event list is no longer truncated after a certain number of events is displayed.
GAMEPLAY
  • Damage from wheel hub collisions is now correctly attributed to the attacker, eliminating the issue in which no score was awarded to the player.
  • Steel armcos are now more realistic in the sense that they are less sticky, yet they slow down more to prevent wallriding.
  • Improved the handling of Bugzilla, Lawnmower, School Bus, Sofa Car and Supervan.
  • Improved Sweeper, Bullet, KillerPig AI Player handling so they do a better job at staying on the track.
  • Added Class B and Class A engine upgrades for Doubledecker, Lawnmower, Schoolbus, Sofa Car, Supervan.
  • Added Class C and Class B engine upgrades for Bugzilla.
  • Added more AI Player paint schemes for Bandit, Bandit Ripper, Buggy, DragSlayer, KillerPig, Rammer RS, and WarDigger.
  • Added "Random Small Special" AI Set for custom events, containing only small special vehicles.
  • Added "Random" AI Set for custom events, containing all vehicles including special.
    Please note that some of the existing AI Sets were renamed for consistency.
  • Fixed a number of AI Players not appearing in Class A events even though they should have.
  • Fixed a case in which a number of AI Players might have had textures missing during a career event.
  • Improved KillerPig cockpit and chase cameras.
  • Improved Bandit Ripper chase camera.
  • Fixed glitchy Hellvester visual damage.
  • Increased ragdoll eject threshold slightly for normal damage (takes more force to eject the ragdoll).
TRACKS
  • Fixed a case in which it was possible to miss the checkpoint in the hairpin on Pinehills Short.
  • On Crash Canyon and Rockspot Roughfield, the vehicle is no longer reset on top of the embankments.
AUDIO
  • DragSlayer, Honey Pot, Bugzilla, Pocket Rocket and Wardigger (AI vehicles): Fixed misconfiguration of real-time doppler effect automation.
  • DragSlayer: Fixed broken audio assets.
  • Harvester, School Bus, Venom & Wardigger (Player vehicles): Increased RPM safety limit to prevent sound from randomly cutting off upon partial loss of wheel contact or when redlining the engine while vehicle momentum is increased by exterior forces.

Original Source: Bugbear Entertainment.

Wreckfest is available now on both console and PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the title? Lucky you, we've got a sub forum packed full of knowledgeable players to help you out! Head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest Sub Forum and start up a new thread today!

wreckfest 1.jpg

Attachments

• Wreckfest 2.jpg
    Wreckfest 2.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
If everyone on this planet had teeth like yours Mr. Jeffrey, there would be no need for dentists in this world.

Thanks for the news sir, and this game is definitely a stress reliever. :)

The Battle Bus in the Tournament is an absolute riot and looks fantastic, always thought the stock in game Bus needed an armored version :inlove::D:geek::thumbsup: and Bugbear have definitly got the look and flavor right in Wreckfest, personal opinion of course ;):D
Slighlty annoying that you can not just purchase the tournament vehicles (correct if wrong) as for me personally I can never get anywhere close to the aliens and get a high score to do so :redface::(:roflmao:.

0 WRECKFEST BATTLE BUS copy.jpg
1 WRECKFEST BATTLE BUS copy.jpg
2 WRECKFEST BATTLE BUS copy.jpg
3 WRECKFEST BATTLE BUS copy.jpg

Last edited:
The Battle Bus in the Tournament is an absolute riot and looks fantastic, always thought the stock in game Bus needed an armored version :inlove::D:geek::thumbsup: and Bugbear have definitly got the look and flavor right in Wreckfest, personal opinion of course ;):D
Slighlty annoying that you can not just purchase the tournament vehicles (correct if wrong) as for me personally I can never get anywhere close to the aliens and get a high score to do so :redface::(:roflmao:.

View attachment 417881View attachment 417882View attachment 417883View attachment 417884
the bronze was already tight to get!
This challenge was a no brainer, but probably what we all needed..

The ups and downs of development of this game are well documented, but boy did they knock it out of the park in the end. This is a blast every time I fire it up.. I too would love VR. I tried it in 3DVision once (with community fixes) but it just ran too slow (dipping into the 30 fps). Went back to 2D with everything ramped to the max.. Looks a feels fantastic to me.

I love this game but I don't enjoy circuit racing unless I have a mod enabled to tone down the suicidal AI. It is frustrating how willing they are to throw away their race for a chance to take you out. I wish the default AI was more focused on racing or the game had options to choose AI modes for circuit racing, because I have to disable the AI mod to join the tournament events. I guess its pretty realistic compared to online racing, lol.

I love this game but I don't enjoy circuit racing unless I have a mod enabled to tone down the suicidal AI. It is frustrating how willing they are to throw away their race for a chance to take you out. I wish the default AI was more focused on racing or the game had options to choose AI modes for circuit racing, because I have to disable the AI mod to join the tournament events. I guess its pretty realistic compared to online racing, lol.

Ref the suicidal AI throwing away races that is how it is IRL here in the UK, Belgium and Holland mate! There are racers and wrecker's, Some guy's go out just to crash people out especially in team event's or if there are driver grudges! Ever heard of a follow in? :roflmao: Check out autorodeo nederland and the spectator etc on youtube!

Last edited:
Ref the suicidal AI throwing away races that is how it is IRL here in the UK, Belgium and Holland mate! There are racers and wrecker's, Some guy's go out just to crash people out especially in team event's or if there are driver grudges! Ever heard of a follow in? :roflmao: Check out autorodeo nederland and the spectator etc on youtube!
Fair enough, haha

I guess I'm too used to trying to race clean in more traditional circuit racing. I just need to get in the right spirit for banger racing :devilish:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 299 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 425 39.5%