Wreckfest | New Update and 'Rusty Rats' DLC Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
A new build update and DLC pack has been released for Wreckfest.

As usual, Bugbear have developed their latest update to the Wreckfest videogame alongside a new DLC for the title, this time adding three unique new cars that players can select and race with on the varied different circuits within the game.

The 'Rusty Rats' car pack is the fourth DLC release for the game, and can be purchased either as a standalone piece of content for around £3.29, or comes as part of the existing season pass DLC.

Rusty Rats Car Pack Contents;
  • Raiden RS: This rear engine 80s coupe is hard to beat on twisty tracks, and being so short also makes it hard to hit!
  • RebelRat: Finally, some strong American muscle, offering an excellent balance of agility and toughness.
  • Vandal: As streamlined as a rock, but just as tough. This van is a great choice for any events involving a lot of damage.

Wreckfest Update Notes:

CONTENT

• Added support for DLC Rusty Rats Car Pack.

MULTIPLAYER
  • Increased robustness of the console window.
  • Server no longer crashes when "%" character is used anywhere in a message or a username.
  • All vehicles are no longer shown as "Not Eligible" for the host if "Host's Car" car restriction is set.
  • UI is now correctly handled whenever player is kicked while in the lobby sub menus.
  • AI now correctly uses the difficulty settings as set in the lobby options.
  • (XB1/PS4) Clients can no longer join a server if the owner has already quit.
  • (PC) AI difficulty can be now configured in the dedicated server settings.
  • (PC) Clients are now given more time to load the cars during the countdown, reducing lag spikes in the lobby.

GAMEPLAY
  • Reset effect (car flickering) can now be enabled/disabled in the Settings, Gameplay menu.
  • On Hellride, it should be no longer possible to drive on top of the steel mesh and cause the game to glitch out.
  • On Big Valley Speedway Figure 8, it's no longer possible to cut the first lap short.
  • Track surface information is now correctly displayed for Vale Falls.
  • Added release delay to digital clutch to prevent shifting exploit (previously you could shift instantly, giving unfair advantage).
  • In derby events, AI now has better awareness of the arena boundaries, reducing the chance of it smashing blindly into barriers.
  • AI now uses Roadcutter in Class A.
  • 1st person camera angles now work correctly on Bugzilla.
  • Exhaust backfire effect now works correctly when "Big Headers" are equipped for Starbeast.
  • Improved Wardigger suspension setups.

AUDIO
  • Replaced the engine audio for Hornet.
  • Loudness balancing of vehicle engine audio.
  • 5.1 surround mixdown and 3D attenuations adjusted for more precise spatial positioning of ai vehicles.
  • Adjusted concrete wall collision effect asset design to match game engine implementation.

SYSTEM
  • Fixed a rendering issue that resulted in the skidmarks flickering occasionally.
  • Fixed contact effects for large vehicles such as School Bus and Motorhome.
  • The player starting credits (10 000 CR) are now correctly awarded when launching the game for the first time.
  • Credits rewarded during an online session are no longer lost when terminating the game (instead of quitting properly) while in lobby.
  • Added guards to prevent the save data from becoming corrupt.
  • (XB1X) Resolution can be now changed in the Settings menu between Full HD and 4K.
  • (PC) The game now attempts to remove the bogus read-only flag from the save data files that caused the game not to launch.

Original Source: Wreckfest

Wreckfest is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to know something specific about the game? Pop a thread together in the Wreckfest Sub Forum and let the community be your guide!

Wreckfest DLC 1.jpg

Last edited:
Raiden RS = Toyota MR2 XD
Not just any MR2, but the rally racing version called the 222D that was developed for Group S (basically Group B with less horsepower, which was going to replace Group B). But when they cancelled Group B for safety reasons they also called off Group S and we never got to see this car race. It would have raced against the RS200 and a bunch of other cool mid-engined cars.
Instead we ended up with other rally classics in the form of the Group A cars based on normal production cars like the Celica, Impreza, etc

Noticed there is some 'Dash Dials' in Cockpit View in the new DLC 'Raiden RS' as I have not seen any dials in other vehicles....is this a sign of things to come :confused::geek:...they are disconnected / don't work which is ok by me, but add a nice touch to the realism of cockpit view :inlove:
One nit pick...I would like to see the Dials through the Steering Wheel even though they do not work, which is to be expected in wrecked cars, but having them aligned would be nice :inlove:;)...personal opinion of course:thumbsup:
7 WRECKFEST RUSTY RATS Raiden RS COCKPIT Dash CROP.jpg

Last edited:
How I would love this game to have telemetry output for simhub!!! Specially for the vibration
Telemetry on this game would be hilarious in terms of a G-Meter!
Well you might be in luck.

Someone has brought one out for the SFX100 that apparently works great.
I have not tried it yet, but will do.
Its only a matter of time before its converted (hopefully).

Gave it another go....love the physics but....i just can't keep playing it for some reason. The physics are nice and the damage is crazy but you should not be able to drive when you just got pinned into a wall at 100km/h and your car is now as narrow as a motorcycle.

I would also love to have more "pure racing" modes on bigger tracks. I know it's a DD game but since it has decent physics...why not. Going round and round in these tiny silly tracks gets boring really fast.

It's a shame that AI does't use any of the DLC cars.

I'd prefer they only used the more realistic ones though (unless player opts for a Specials AI mix, with silly cars included) I haven't been a fan of the more wacky stuff added into the game lately, hate to say.

I mean, if they add DLC cars into the AI grids, I hope it doesn't mean racing against piggy cars, outhouses and sofas... Last bit of immersion of it being real banger/folk racing would go out of the window

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%