Wreckfest: Massive PC Update - Now Available on Console

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Wreckfest has been given yet more love recently with a big PC update and the long awaited console release.

That's right folks, after many months of eager anticipation, gamers on Xbox One and PS4 can now finally get their hands on the rather excellent Wreckfest videogame from Bugbear Entertainment.

Having undertaken a lengthy development process since being acquired by THQ Nordic, Wreckfest has finally made it over to the world of console gaming!

Wreckfest Console and PC Update.jpg

Although a big news story in its own right, Wreckfest fans on PC can also rejoice as a major new build release has been deployed to the PC version of the game. New cars, new tracks, new features and plenty of improvements, check out the update notes below:

4 NEW RACING TRACKS + 1 NEW DERBY ARENA
  • Clayridge Circuit
  • Deathloop
  • Northfolk Ring (two routes)
  • Dirt Devil Stadium (Speedway)
  • Dirt Devil Stadium (Derby Arena)

5 NEW VEHICLES
  • Venom (career reward)
  • Stretch Limousine
  • Couch Car
  • Motorhome
  • Big Rig

CAREER ENHANCEMENTS
  • Several new career events and challenges featuring new tracks and vehicles. Check each Championship for new events – for example the first championship Regional Juniors now has the Couch Craze challenge to unlock this vehicle.
  • There's now more variation in the computer-controlled AI cars, and they will also make use of the upgrade parts to make your life so much more miserable.
  • Many events have been changed and tweaked to offer more engaging, balanced gameplay experience.
  • Also, achieved bonus targets are no longer reset when restarting a career series.

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
  • Polished and more detailed environments.
  • Animated objects such as flags and balloons.
  • New paint jobs for most vehicles.
  • Collision improvements: the cars no longer clip each other.
  • Quick match functinality for multiplayer.
  • Streamlined server browser.
  • Overhauled server lobby user interface and improved usability.
  • Improved car and upgrade selection in the garage/pit.
  • New daytimes for many tracks.
  • Improved career menu screens.
  • Multiplayer: Bots now get auto-kicked also during races if a human player joins and takes their slot.
  • Multiplayer: At event start, players not ready won't be kicked as long as they have a valid car.
  • New track and event specific loading screens.
  • A save data backup is created automatically whenever the game is updated.
  • Minimap (can be disabled in the Settings menu).

PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATIONS
  • Overall game performance increased especially for older PCs.
  • Multiplayer better optimized for poor connections and PCs.
  • Drastically reduced loading times for all tracks.
  • Server side: hardware and bandwidth demands reduced.

BUGFIXES
  • Numerous bugfixes, tweaks and improvements, many based on the feedback we've received from you. As always, thanks for your continuing support and keep those suggestions coming!

Happy days for fans of crashing!

Wreckfest is available for PC now, with console release to follow August 27th.

For more smashing fun, head over to the RaceDepartment Wreckfest sub forum, and don't forget to check out the awesome RD Wreckfest Racing Club for some contact filled and laugh out loud online racing activity!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Not so much "You're not a dev, you know nothing" More along the lines of what is factual (the numbers) and verifiable (what exactly is the difference caused by the adjustment and does this correspond with the claims being made).

The wording used(Likely, maybe) doesn't back this up to a degree that would lead me to think it makes the devs statements incorrect.

well, that was nice of them, Kudos to the devs.

That aside, If the devs state the changes made in the update can't possibly bring about the results that people are claiming, and only a subset of the user base are claiming to be aware of this physics change (that apparently was drastic and has ruined the game) then I'd put forward that some people don't quite have the level of expertise and insight that they claim.

But, Hey, what would bugbear know about there own game?

This convo is going in more circles then an oval race. Time for a coffee and some Wreckfest. So long to those that can no longer enjoy what is a fantastic game.

Well, I've just had a go after about 6 months! I only dip in and out of this game! (79 Hrs total) I waited for the Hotfix and had about an hour this afternoon, I was expecting it to crash, Didn't happen, Had to adjust my steering sat to 50% to get it to feel right (G25) No real problems for me, Made sure damage was set to realistic and all assists off, Now as i'm not a hardcore player i might be missing stuff but i still had a blast! Love the Deathloop track.

This was posted on the Steam forums, by a Bugbear developer:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1850247887

It's a mod that enables the pre-update FFB.

According to him, the FFB profile was changed with this big update too. So people who aren't happy with how Wreckfest now feels, might want to give this a spin. Haven't got into trying myself yet

Maybe report here or in Steam/Discord if you notice improvements

He also said that the minor physics changes were all based on IRL data about the cars (they are based on real cars after all, even when unlicensed) and in no way it was intended to make it more approachable on consoles. More realistic, if anything.

65016d9d4a16b5680de18bd3cd806fd4.png

Perhaps FFB could explain the difference in feeling?

Edit: Yeah I prefer the old FFB. Your mileage may vary

Last edited:
Holy shitballs, Being a dev in this day and age must be a miserable experience.

Massive update, years in the making, fine tune a couple perimeters on the cars, Users loose their minds,claim its 100% ruined and accuse the devs of doing it to screw them over at the expense of consoles.

How did Kunos release multiple tire models without the world literally ending?

The mind boggles.

Holy shitballs, Being a dev in this day and age must be a miserable experience.

Massive update, years in the making, fine tune a couple perimeters on the cars, Users loose their minds,claim its 100% ruined and accuse the devs of doing it to screw them over at the expense of consoles.

How did Kunos release multiple tire models without the world literally ending?

The mind boggles.

Precisely this, the last line in that Dev post above says it all, selective "special" people find something to hate regardless of what has or hasn't changed which is a really sad state of affairs for them, their lives must be so empty.

Wreckfest has and will always be a great game, superb fun all round.

OMG...LOL:inlove:...I had my very first 'Multiplayer' experience in a 'Wreckfest' lobby today and I would have to say absolutely brilliant fun:D:D:thumbsup:...although I did not know most of the tracks very well I still managed to keep up some how:roflmao:...and the best thing is I did not feel guilty...errr...accidently ramming someone:redface::inlove: and the whole experience in the online lobby went without any problems...highly reccomended

Yeah, it's actually quite satisfying to spin out someone who have done the same to you earlier in a race. Though I prefer servers where racing is the main thing. Folk racing is quite popular in Finland so I like to mimic that.

OMG...LOL:inlove:...I had my very first 'Multiplayer' experience in a 'Wreckfest' lobby today and I would have to say absolutely brilliant fun:D:D:thumbsup:...although I did not know most of the tracks very well I still managed to keep up some how:roflmao:...and the best thing is I did not feel guilty...errr...accidently ramming someone:redface::inlove: and the whole experience in the online lobby went without any problems...highly reccomended
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/all-classes-new-shuffled-tracks-tue-10-sep-2019.172875/

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back