Wreckfest March Update 2 and Other Fixes Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The March Wreckfest update has received a little more attention with a couple more hotfix releases...

Having deployed the latest major build release earlier this month, Bugbear have been quick out of the blocks in addressing some of the unintended consequences of the most recent release with a reasonably sizeable hotfix patch - as well as a couple more much smaller ones - over the last day or so.

Working at a pace thought practically impossible for the small developers only a few months previously, Bugbear continue to churn out impressive updates over the last few weeks and months as they work towards getting the game version one complete, and this latest hotfix update is evidence once again that the reactive pace of the team behind over at Bugbear has grown considerably of late.

So without further ado, check out the hotfix notes from the 'March Update 2' below:

FIXED
  • Fixed missing Gatecrasher LOD2 model.
  • Fixed player unable to reset in Deatchmatch after respawning.
  • Fixed a case in which cars could occasionally receive visual damage on the starting grid after restarting.
  • Bogus “You have already completed this series and you have another series in progress.” message is no longer displayed when attempting to continue a series in progress.
  • Disabled mouse axis input as a controller to prevent users with specific hardware from being unable to remap keyboard controls.
  • In pre-race, pressing ESC while being on any of the other tabs than the first now takes back to the first tab.
  • BullDog upgrade parts received as rewards now use the correct car name instead of European 11.
  • Lawnmower is now correctly received after beating the lawnmower challenge.
  • MudDigger and Rocket no longer have duplicate “None” customization parts.
NEW AND ADJUSTED
  • Added more banger racing and demolition derby liveries for select vehicles.
  • Added a new giant can prop to various tracks.
  • Improved environment art for various tracks.
  • Improved various effects.
  • Novice AI now makes more mistakes and is slightly slower.
  • Amateur AI now makes slightly more mistakes and is slightly slower.
  • In derby game modes, the AI now favors the player slightly more.
  • Adjusted collision matrix to prevent the cars from rolling over at too slow impact speeds.
  • Gameplay damage: car vs. car crashes now cause more gameplay damage.
  • Hitting other cars now causes significantly more damage to the victim, less to the attacker.
  • Armor sector representation in the HUD matches visual damage better.
  • A car about to get wrecked can no longer be wrecked by a light nudge.
  • Environment now causes even less gameplay damage.
  • Mechanical damage occurs more logically when compared to the car health.
  • Engine and transmission mechanical damage is reduced to make sure the player can still keep going.
  • Improved lawnmower gameplay.
  • MP: Added chat back to respawn state and spectate view.
  • Improved player stats visuals at the top right corner of the screen.

Wreckfest is available for PC with console versions due to release during 2018.

Wreckfest March Update 2.png

Check out the Wreckfest Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. For added excitement we have an already immensely popular and exciting Racing Club, details of which can be found here.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the new builds? Has March Update 2 and the following minor fixes resolved any outstanding issues since the latest release? Happy with Wreckfest so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Happy with the new builds? Has March Update 2 and the following minor fixes resolved any outstanding issues since the latest release? Happy with Wreckfest so far?
Very happy with the way Wreckfest is shaping up so far, Bugbear is really churning out the updates. Loving the H-Pattern and Clutch driving, awesome impact Audio and Audio in general ( I would say the best out of the Sims I have, personal opinion, excluding Raceroom being at the top...lol ), very good graphics, car Physics and FFB feel on my TS XW....loving this Sim.
...all I would want would be 'Seat Adjustments' - Up, Down, Forward and Back in Cockpit view for the icing on the cake so to speak....all in all very pleased how things are going.
EDIT: I find it very slow to get credits so to buy extra vehicles...maybe a 'Season Pass' cost could be added for those (me anyway...lol)...that would like to have all the future cars and upgrades available at once...only being spoiled as I have it now with most other Sims I own....just a thought

Last edited:
Have'd this since day one, but this last update did make me really enjoy the driving. They change a lot already earlier to this kinda how it is now, but there was now just something that made me feel like driving a car and not tin foil can. Really good, lot can be still done and already lot has been done. Keep it coming!

A car about to get wrecked can no longer be wrecked by a light nudge.
I find the new realistic damages a bit too harsh now, and exactly the opposite of that quote above. A slight touch can now finish you, where before, i think you needed a bit of a stronger kick to be wrecked.

EDIT: I find it very slow to get credits so to buy extra vehicles...maybe a 'Season Pass' cost could be added for those (me anyway...lol)...that would like to have all the future cars and upgrades available at once...only being spoiled as I have it now with most other Sims I own....just a thought
there is a "free part" mod in the steam workshop if you want to speedup your unlocks ;)

I find the new realistic damages a bit too harsh now, and exactly the opposite of that quote above. A slight touch can now finish you, where before, i think you needed a bit of a stronger kick to be wrecked.

there is a "free part" mod in the steam workshop if you want to speedup your unlocks ;)
Quote - "Hitting other cars now causes significantly more damage to the victim, less to the attacker."

I haven't tried the update yet but I hope it's opposite of how they stated car to car contact - the car initiating (attacker) the collision should sustain more damage than the on being hit (victim). I think the attacker should be taking more of a risk (if deliberate of course). In my opinion...

Quote - "Hitting other cars now causes significantly more damage to the victim, less to the attacker."

I haven't tried the update yet but I hope it's opposite of how they stated car to car contact - the car initiating (attacker) the collision should sustain more damage than the on being hit (victim). I think the attacker should be taking more of a risk (if deliberate of course). In my opinion...

Agree. And making environment damage (hitting walls, etc.) cause less damage as well will turn the game into just a big smashfest. That's fun for a few minutes, but racing and strategically protecting your own car versus hitting others while remaining alive and mechanically still able to go fast is a blast on the racing tracks (as opposed to arenas and figure 8s). This will be lost if randomly smashing others and ruining their races becomes "worth more" in the game than winning a race.

Have not wandered into this Sim for quite a while, have to say had an absolute blast over the weekend, everything about it has improved, really worrying how enjoyable I find side swiping the opposition. Progress has most definitely been made. :thumbsup:

From the forum someone noticed a error in the file system with the damage settings. May explain some of the issues people are having ?

Post.
Not sure who made the changes in the .dset files but the HP damage curves are in wrong order now
rolleyes.gif

Currently a dead sector looses health like a healthy sector should and healthy sector looses health like destroyed one should. That's the reason why little love taps causes so much damage to HP at start but in the end you start to loose less health
cheesy.gif

It's a 2 second fix to change those.

Uhh, its called "Wreckfest" for a reason
Very true but I also still like that a smattering of racing talent can also help win a race. There's arena and figure 8 where collisions are more of a focus. Too much emphasis on collisions removes the racing element, no reason to slow for corners - just smash the guy in front. Just like most online open lobby racing. It just comes down to preferences. A 10 year old and a 40 year old may not be looking for the same experience.

A lot talk on the Bugbear forum today about damage, Dev's replied they have changed the setup looks gonna stay like that for now. No more driving around with a mashed car they want it more realistic.

I don't mind the cars that literally look like a pancake still driving around...it's comical. But they shouldn't be still going their regular speed or close to it. There needs to be a speed penalty to wrecking your own car as well as, eventually, that it will expire from too much damage. Otherwise there is no strategy and some people will take delight in acting like a bowling ball with the pins being the other players.

Being the bowling ball is juvenile fun, but gets old real fast when you are repeatedly knocked out of contention in races at the first or second corner or, if you managed to survive that, on the last lap by some moron driving backwards when the server explicitly says not to do so. Sound familiar to any sim online racers?

That image... What is all those millions of pieces and screws/bolts from a hit? :D I would tone that down if i had any say lol. Would look much better. Hit someone in the side and you see literally thousands of pieces and screws flying in the air.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%