Wreckers

J

James Cathers

• James Cathers

I've done 4 races this morning, and i've been leading all 4, and ive been blatantly taken off track by wreckers who I hadnt done anything to all morning. I'm about ready to uninstall Race and start playing iRacing or something else thats not loaded with douchebags. anybody else noticed the high percentage of useless, slow people that play this game?

James, you are a US time zone racer...and yet you have not participated in one of the Friday events....You want quality, and fast drivers?

Check out http://forum.racedepartment.com/american-touring-car-championship/

Before you go and uninstall. I suggest you join us at least once.

I've done 4 races this morning, and i've been leading all 4, and ive been blatantly taken off track by wreckers who I hadnt done anything to all morning. I'm about ready to uninstall Race and start playing iRacing or something else thats not loaded with douchebags. anybody else noticed the high percentage of useless, slow people that play this game?

James what Keith sayed sign up for one of the US time zone events and start enjoying Race07
lot of quality drivers there, ofc crashes happen but you can be sure in a race club event it is a accident and not on prupose
and you have to stretch your legs more as on a public to be competive ;D

I can live with wreckers on public servers when there is no event running in RD. But the odd one in the public servers being racist is just sad.

James join Friday events at 00:00GMT or in my case 2am for some brilliant races. Everyone that has joined so far, dont want to miss a race on Fridays.

There is Wednesday night aswell, Sunday night aswell. I mean you can have your hands full all week.

• James Cathers

Yeah all the club events are great fun but when I play in the middle of the day the people playing are atrocious. when youve been going for 4 laps and you come around a corner and theres a guy coming the other way...its a little frustrating. especially when you and 3 or 4 others who are quick are having a good race and some prick ruins it all.

Yes and that is happening in simracing for years and so far not many games (except for iracing and hopefully NFS Shift with their ratings) have found a solid solution for it.

I think it can be so simple to ban them forever:

* create a proper kick & ban option for admins in Evo
* the possibility of ingame administration

If a wrecker gets booted from lets say 10 different servers in a short time then his SteamID will be blocked permanently and the only way he can return is to buy a new game, which he won't. Ofcourse the naysayers will think this doesnt work. I am not a technical person but i am sure there is a way to fine tune such a system so that it works flawlessly

Yes and that is happening in simracing for years and so far not many games (except for iracing and hopefully NFS Shift with their ratings) have found a solid solution for it...

NFS Shift will increase the amount of wreckers by 500%.

The game actually rewards you for smashing into people.

When you start your career, you tell the game what kind of driver you are. I can't remember the name they use, but one of the options is "wrecker"; i.e. your driving style is smashing through the grid, wrecking cars out of your way.

And you get points and rewards for driving like that.

How many kids out there are going to pick the wrecker for their career? Damn near all of them.

It's going to be a nightmare on the servers.

NFS Shift will increase the amount of wreckers by 500%.

The game actually rewards you for smashing into people.

When you start your career, you tell the game what kind of driver you are. I can't remember the name they use, but one of the options is "wrecker"; i.e. your driving style is smashing through the grid, wrecking cars out of your way.

And you get points and rewards for driving like that.

How many kids out there are going to pick the wrecker for their career? Damn near all of them.

It's going to be a nightmare on the servers.

I'm sure EA will do server settings - like only a certain driver class can join and things like that.

I was impressed last night, I usually play late at night around 22gmt:coffee2: and last night I did'nt run in to any wreckers in the race, that is in it self a bit surprising but I had several nice races with people from all over the world. So have som faith there are open servers that are wreckfree:laugh2:. At one or two races we kicked someone and everyone was in on it the majority of us wanted to have a fun and good race and so we did.

Yes they mentioned that a racer gets a certain tag, iow a wrecker, a clean lapper and few more of those. When they go online they will be split up when there is enough people to make a race by this tag.
So if all goes well you should end up with the same type of racer as you are yourself in your career.

hope this works out nicely !

Nevertheless PUBLIC online racing will always have a certain degree of idiots tagging along so I suggest you keep supporting RD and sign up for all them organized events and leagues if you want clean races.

It's hit and miss on public servers, i've had plenty of races where i haven't encountered a single wrecker at all. Certain classes seem to be more prone to it in my opinion though, F3000 and the more powerful GT classes.

It also depends on how quickly some servers kick a person. Sometimes they'll be calls to rightly kick someone for wrecker yet only a few decide to vote to kick them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 116 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 91 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 84 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 58 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 124 13.8%