WRC8 WRC8 No FFB with Fanatec CSP v2.5

Warren Dawes

Premium
I finally decided to get WRC 8 and have found it to be quite good.
However, on my Racing Rig with Win 7(64), and CSP v2.5 with BMW wheel, I have no FFB at all. Everything else works fine.

On my other PC with Win 10 and Logitech G27, the FFB is all working ok.

Surely I don't need Win 10 for WRC8? Does anyone have any suggestions to get FFB working with the CSP? The CSP has great FFB with all of my other sims.

EDIT: My Sim Rig also uses Simworx pedals and a HE Seq Shifter as well, but surely these wouldn't interfere with the wheels FFB in WTRC8?

Last edited:
Thanks. Were you running Win 10 or Win 7?

I tried searching all the background apps, even turned a few off (just in case).
Tried fiddling with many settings in game and on the wheel, but still no luck. Everything works fine, including being able to adjust most of the FFB settings (in the options screen), but there just isn't any FFB when driving. Adjusting spring settings does give a heavier but dull resistance but that is all.
Deleted all other controller profiles and created a new one. Nope!.

I've googled everything I can think of, found a few others with the same problem. The only comments to get it working was to install (or re-install) Win 10, so it is looking suspiciously like it won't work with Win 7 64. I know I have to update to Win 10 at some point, but I'll leave it till after Christmas now.

This seems like a good Rally Sim but it is difficult to find good technical support, are there any other Forums that might support these types of issues? Most of it seems to be left to the Steam discussions which are hard work at best to get helpful answers.

Yes only with windows 10 was my experience , so it might be because of windows 7 , i don't understand why you wouldn't upgrade it anyway as i thought windows 7 was crap and it improved with 8.1 and then Windows 10 is miles better.

Yes it's an excellent rally game , the best yet in my opinion , well worth the hassle to get it working properly.

Apologies for being so late with my reply. I recently bought WRC8 in a sale and, with the great mod for it here, it's a very good game. Just for the record, I'm on Windows 7 with a Logitech G29 and FFB works fine for me.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%