• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

WRC The Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren Dawes

10000RPM
Premium
Mar 1, 2007
This looks really promising, but unfortunately it seems to be only planned for Consoles. I can't see any plans for the PC?? :(

kopfhoerer

1RPM
Jul 8, 2009
This looks really promising, but unfortunately it seems to be only planned for Consoles. I can't see any plans for the PC?? :(
I can ;-)

\"The agreement with leading Milan based publisher, Black Bean Games, will see the WRC game available across the world for the first time on PlayStation®3, Xbox360® videogame and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PC formats. B

Trebor901

2000RPM
Aug 10, 2007
it will probably be a brand new game engine if its coming from Blackbean (which is now part of Codies i think)

magictap

10RPM
Feb 25, 2009
If Superstars V8 Racing (Xbox 360) from BlackBean is anything to go by then this will be shockingly bad ;O( I really hope not though.

Jan 6, 2010
Hey, blackbean have admitted to Superstars V8 being bad, so for the sequel they are working alot harder on the physics, getting some of the real drivers of the series in to give feedback etc.. This is a team who really want to make a sim, and if you actualy think about it SV8R wasn't actualy that bad compared to GRID. I would have the SV8R physics anyday! Somewhere between PGR4 and FM2 I thought at the time..

I have great hope for this title. Someone needs to make something fresh, and this live stuff will work perfect in a rally game. This also means they wpuld have to give us FULL stages AND spot on handling to make it a challenge.

Aug 27, 2007
iopener-trans.png According to iOpeners twitter feed they have signed a deal with the World Rally Championship today. A press release about it will go public next week.

Stay tuned for more news on the matter!

Neil Farren

250RPM
Aug 30, 2008
Black Bean Games has released the first-ever preview screenshot of their official World Rally Championship game, showing Sebastien Loeb’s Citroen C4 WRC in action.
Developed by Milestone, World Rally Championship will be bringing all the action of the WRC to the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and the PC. The game will feature all 13 rally events from the 2010 schedule and extensive online features as players will be able to compete against the real WRC stars thanks to iOpener’s GPS technology. World Rally Championship is planned to be released in September 2010.

Ivo Simons

10000RPM
Apr 15, 2009
Black Bean released their first preview video of the upcoming WRC 2010 title.
The video contains a interview with the developer and we see some stage creation.
WRC 2010 is coming in September to the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Jun 7, 2009
Video feature on the forthcoming Official WRC Game, developed by Black Bean Games, which is scheduled for release in Autumn 2010.
• The World of WRC. The official locations, the official cars, the official drivers and co-drivers. Everything is designed to give the player the sensation of taking part in the real championship as they race against their heroes.
• Huge career mode creates ultimate satisfaction when the player wins the championship after a long and challenging road to the top!
• Unique offline and online game modes
• 13 different locations around the world
• Realistic physics model
• Advanced car tuning that allows players to find the best settings for every single stage
• Breathtaking graphics for drivers, co-drivers, cars, tracks and environments
• Visually stunning car damage effects
• Full 3D cockpit and dashboards
• Much more to come…

Scott Tanner

3vil - Steam
Jan 5, 2010
I tried their superstars V8 game released recently. It was very very bad
There SBK games is their best racing product i think.Perhaps this rally game could be amazing.Its a bit early to make any better judgments right now.

Ramon van Rijn

RaceDepartment Co-Founder
Premium
May 19, 2007
WRC-iOpenerEnable&#.jpg
Great news from iOpener:

We are delighted to announce the breaking news for our gaming fans! Today North One Sport and iOpener, in conjunction with Abu Dhabi’s Gulf Horizon Group have agreed that they will turn the WRC into an interactive gaming experience in the near future with an ultimate goal to crown a rally fan at home as the first Virtual WRC champion!

Read more by clicking here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Follow RaceDepartment