Resource icon

WRC9 WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I got the telemetry patch to work in WRC 10 with SimHub last night using the original .zip file, not the Madan modified version. I randomly stumbled on the solution though and still don't quite understand how lol. After playing 10 for a while, I stopped and remapped the telemetry file path back to the WRC 9 directory's DirtRally2.exe emulator in SimHub and played WRC 9 for a bit. Then I launched WRC 10 again, and now its been working ever since! Even after restart/shutdown, it seems to be stable now. Let me know if I can help anyone else get it working for WRC 10, I can share all my WRC 10 directory files and SimHub settings. It works great! I only use it for my Buttkicker Gamer 2 for gear shift punches and wheel slip/lock, thats all. I think it will work for motion rigs though too.
Hello mate, I'm hoping you can help, I've just got WRC 10. I cannot seem to get the steering anything like. When I turn the wheel there seems to be a delay. I've tried everything in the sliders for turn left and right to no avail.

Hello mate, I'm hoping you can help, I've just got WRC 10. I cannot seem to get the steering anything like. When I turn the wheel there seems to be a delay. I've tried everything in the sliders for turn left and right to no avail.
I'll see what I can do, but I first need all the details. What wheel do you have first of all? Also, describe the problem you are having in as much detail as you can, I'll give you some troubleshooting steps.

Hey, that worked, but all I'm getting from the butt kicker is gear shifts and no other tactile feedback
The only other telemetry besides gear shifts that I have found useful is wheel slip and lock, I use two slightly different frequencies so that I can differentiate between the two effects. The telemetry produced from this patch is very basic and most of the effects will not work. If gear shift is working, wheel slip/lock should too. Have you tried messing with the SimHib settings? It might just be that the intensity for the other features is too low to register on the transducer. I always have fine-tuned everything using the test function within SimHub, but it seems to behave a bit differently in-game, then I start going back and forth from testing in-game and adjusting in SimHub until I get it set to my liking.

Last edited:
Just an FYI.. this does NOT work with WRC10.. I have WRC7 and it works fine, but no-go with 10.

EDIT: Sorry.. I am trying to use this with simdashboard, btw. Oh, I tried this with the 1.1 and the new 1.2 versions. Neither one work.

Last edited:
create a shortcut for DR.exe and in the destiny tab write this DirtRally2.exe /protocol extradata3 that have the shortcut route start that .exe and then WRC10 , fork for me
Can you say that in English please? I like to think I'm fairly computer savy, but yeah, no idea what you're saying to do.

Just an FYI.. this does NOT work with WRC10.. I have WRC7 and it works fine, but no-go with 10.

EDIT: Sorry.. I am trying to use this with simdashboard, btw. Oh, I tried this with the 1.1 and the new 1.2 versions. Neither one work.
For SIM Dashboard, you need the latest update of the SIM Dashboard PC Application (Version 3.8.3.0), which has been released today and Version 1.2 of the WRC Telemetry Patch.

Is there any way to make the "sway" function the same direction as DR2.0 it's an extra step that I'd rather not have to do. I'm using simtools, perhaps this isn't the same for all motion software but I like to set up dirt rally 2.0 to be perfect and then wrc 9 has less motion but it is enough to bring extra immersion.

If not that's ok I suppose, either way this is easily the best mod for WRC series.

Last edited:
WRC 10 is working for me in Sim Commander 4 with my Accuforce V2. I'm pretty excited, because without SC4 running the game feels bad. It feels way better now!
Could you help me with the setup mate? I also have sc4 but cant get it working. Many beers in advance!

Last edited:
Im guessing the latest game update for 10 must of replaced the "PhysXCooking64_s.dll" I needed to run the install.bat to get telemetry working again.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get this working with Sim Commander 4? Been trying all sorts of things in sim commander software but still no go. For transducer output.
Many thanks in advance.

> ## Where is the source code?
> I've shown this is possible. Now do it yourself.

You could open source it, benefit from the community who could spot errors, improve it, use it as quickstart to make something like it for other games, because not all professionals have unlimited time. In the end your reputation gain would be much larger because there would be a better tool that you would still be the author of. But you could also decide to keep it yourself and comment it in a childish way.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 455 39.3%