Resource icon

WRC9 WRC Telemetry Patch 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
I tried to modify the WrcInjectionPayload.dll using HexEditor (a Notepad++ Plugin) and modified the WRC9 strings to WRC10 (WRC7 did not work).Viola able to read the telemetry.
Attaching the WrcInjectionPayload.txt (rename it to .dll file and it works with WRC10).
Renamed the file as there is some restriction to allow attachment files with certain extensions and dll is not among them.
Hope the author of this mod does not mind me sharing this on the channel. motion4all is still the best.
Please share your inputs if it works for you.
Enjoy WRC 10 and thanks to motion4all once again.

Attachments

• WrcInjectionPayload.txt
    63 KB · Views: 147
The steps to install the mod remains the same. It’s just that we use this WrcInjectionPayload.dll instead of the one that comes with the original mod file and then install using the .bat file.

Great news!!

Madan, is there a way to store the telemetry data on a file?
Yes, we know what the telemetry data contains (refer to the section ##Telemetry protocol) and the data can be forwarded to your local IP address and port using DirtRally2.exe (use -help for more information) file which is in the patch. As the data is forwarded as UDP packets, you may write a python script or some c# code which reads the same structured data from the port and collect whatever comes out. Once you do it, you can save it however you want it.

Last edited:
Telemetry stream detected for WRC10 using WRCTelemetry patch.jpg

I am able to get the Telemetry stream detected for WRC10, as shown in the picture.
I could get the telemetry stream using the dirtrally2.exe.
I did not try with simhub.
Maybe someone who had tried earlier and knows how to configure with simhub could guide you how to set it up.

Yes, we know what the telemetry data contains (refer to the section ##Telemetry protocol) and the data can be forwarded to your local IP address and port using DirtRally2.exe (use -help for more information) file which is in the patch. As the data is forwarded as UDP packets, you may write a python script or some c# code which reads the same structured data from the port and collect whatever comes out. Once you do it, you can save it however you want it.
Thanks! I use c# 15 years ago but just for fun i'll try to do it

Ok, I got it to detect WRC 10 Telemetry using SimHub, but there is still something off with the code I think. I also use a SimHub controlled dash and when I start a stage, the telemetry is detected and my dash will properly display "N" for neutral at the stage start, but immediately it loses the telemetry stream when the stage begins. My dash stays at "N" and the DirtRally2 window says "telemetry stream lost". My dash RPM will still jump around randomly and I do get some garbled audio output to my Buttkicker, but thats it. If anyone can get this working for me in SimHub, I will pay you for your time. Who's up for it? I am useless when it comes to coding.

FYI for noobs, if using the new updated text file Madan created above, when you rename it, first make sure you uncheck the "Hide extensions for known file types" box in the folders advanced settings under the View tab, otherwise it will remain a text file and the Install.bat program will not recognize it as a .dll file.

I got the telemetry patch to work in WRC 10 with SimHub last night using the original .zip file, not the Madan modified version. I randomly stumbled on the solution though and still don't quite understand how lol. After playing 10 for a while, I stopped and remapped the telemetry file path back to the WRC 9 directory's DirtRally2.exe emulator in SimHub and played WRC 9 for a bit. Then I launched WRC 10 again, and now its been working ever since! Even after restart/shutdown, it seems to be stable now. Let me know if I can help anyone else get it working for WRC 10, I can share all my WRC 10 directory files and SimHub settings. It works great! I only use it for my Buttkicker Gamer 2 for gear shift punches and wheel slip/lock, thats all. I think it will work for motion rigs though too.

Last edited:
I got the telemetry patch to work in WRC 10 with SimHub last night using the original .zip file, not the Madan modified version. I randomly stumbled on the solution though and still don't quite understand how lol. After playing 10 for a while, I stopped and remapped the telemetry file path back to the WRC 9 directory's DirtRally2.exe emulator in SimHub and played WRC 9 for a bit. Then I launched WRC 10 again, and now its been working ever since! Even after restart/shutdown, it seems to be stable now. Let me know if I can help anyone else get it working for WRC 10, I can share all my WRC 10 directory files and SimHub settings. It works great! I only use it for my Buttkicker Gamer 2 for gear shift punches and wheel slip/lock, thats all. I think it will work for motion rigs though too.
Please can you share those files as you said , I try yesterday but No luck with Madan version ,Simhub do strange things LOL,

please share the file

It didn't work for me in WRC 10. It works in WRC 9. I made several and several attempts and it didn't work, it's as if it hadn't been configured. Tried with .bat and manually. I'm using Windows 11 and my game version is Steam.

Last edited:
It didn't work for me in WRC 10. It works in WRC 9. I made several and several attempts and it didn't work, it's as if it hadn't been configured. Tried with .bat and manually. I'm using Windows 11 and my game version is Steam.
Probably because of Windows 11, you're not gonna find much help since nobody is running 11 yet, if its that important for you to get it working, reinstall Windows 10

Can you clarify what you did in SimHub? Its not picking up the telemetry when I run DR.exe file.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%