WRC | Rally Monte-Carlo Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the 2020 FIA WRC season opener - Rally Monte-Carlo!

The snow and ice are still fresh on the stages of Monte-Carlo as the 2020 World Rally Championship kicks into action this weekend, featuring some dramatic off-season driver swaps, returning stars, young pretenders looking to take the next leap in their careers and the ever present threat of danger around every corner - WRC 2020 style looks set to be epic!

Last season the World Rally Championship enjoyed one of its best seasons in recent years, with eventual World Champion Ott Tanak taking an incredible six victories over the 14 round season, seeing off the challenge of the ever competitive Thierry Neuville to secure his first World Championship by a healthy 36 points at the end of the year.

For 2020, Tanak will be sporting the colours of Hyundai for the first time, leaving Toyota following his title success to join the mighty Korean brand for the new season. In the Citroen camp, recent form man Sebastien Ogier leaves to take up a new position with the Toyota Gazoo Racing Team, giving the French Citroen brand a perfect opportunity to bow out of the sport ahead of the new year.

Joining Ogier at Toyota this season will be former Ford man Elflyn Evans, the Welshman defecting from M Sport to join Kalle Rovanpera and Ogier at the Japanese marque. Keeping busy in the new year, Toyota will also field a third car for Jari-Mattie Latvala and Takamoto Katsuta in selected rounds, keeping the popular Finn in the championship for an 18th season.

At the M Sport Ford team, Esapekka Lappi and Gus Greensmith join Teemu Suninen at the Blue Oval.

All in, an exciting year ahead!

Check out the full entry list HERE

Discuss the WRC with your fellow petrolheads at the Motorsport Sub Forum here at RaceDepartment!

WRC Monte Carlo Discussion Thread. 2.jpg
WRC Monte Carlo Discussion Thread.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.wrc.com/en/identity-management/info/ will get you everything, but at €89 for the year, not free but hey, this is the way things are going.

It's actually more expensive than F1 TV which only cost me about €70 instead of €99 to renew, but they had some major screwups with streaming during 2019 so they had to drop the price a bit to keep people leaving in droves.

Off topic, but I just wish I could find a subscription for BTCC. ITV do stream it, but have it region locked without a pay option. I'm not going down the VPN route as lately I've found that broadcasters have got wise to this and block stuff going to known data centres which is where the VPNs are hosted.

I signed up for WRC Live a few days ago. Works great on my computer but for some reason I cannot login to the app on my TV :mad:

Neuville just set a blistering time on stage 2

I signed up for WRC Live a few days ago. Works great on my computer but for some reason I cannot login to the app on my TV :mad:

Neuville just set a blistering time on stage 2
They have just updated the websites, WRC.com and WRC live (WRC+) a few days ago, and this seems to have broken the live feed in the TV app.

You do get a message to that extent when you fire up the app, saying they are ’working on it’ and some of it might not work (the live feed is part that doesn’t work :( currently)

i expect that they were down to the wire, time wise, for the go live of the new websites before the Monty, and just ran out of time to fix the app before this, the first event of the new season... last minute IT.com unfortunately...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 85 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 13.8%