WRC | Rally Monte-Carlo Discussion Thread

Wohoo, finally my favourite motorsport (and really the only one i am interested in) is covered by Racedepartment :inlove: hope this keeps on during the whole season.

Great first event with my fav driver and fav manufacturer getting the best out of it. :)
However, as feared, you definitely feel the lack of one more manufacturer. Points - and not just one - are really a given now for every WRC car and it somehow feels less competitive then past years. While in the past years you had several drivers to have a good chance to win an event (Tanak, Neuville, Ogier, Latvala, Meeke, Mikkelsen) or at least pose a threat to the championship contenders and mix it up at the front regularly, this year seems more like - accidents and issues precluded - you'll always see the same 3 guys fighting for the win (Tanak, Neuville, Ogier). Evans was impressive and very close to Ogier, but i don't think he will keep this level during the season.
I think last season we will have had the best WRC season for quite some time from now on. I hope the championship will be exciting till the end, because that's really the only interesting thing this year. I think another manufacturer departing (M-Sport) would kill the sport. Didn't think to ever say this, but about time to start hybridization/electrification of the sport to possibly draw new manufacturers in - maybe even a comeback from VW? :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back