WRC Generations WRC Generations - Announcement Trailer

7 years of hard work, a true passion for motorsport, and absolutely NO CUTS! Kylotonn and Nacon are thrilled to bring you the final instalment in our beloved official WRC Franchise. We’ve got all the WRC 2022 calendar action, including the new Rally1 and hybrid cars! Including a return to the world-famous Rally Sweden! All-new solo and online content, with career options to manage your hybrid-powered cars. A league mode, an improved Team system, and an updated version of our livery editor with sharing! Prepping the car, running shakedowns and looking at the data… it all shows us that WRC Generations will be available on Oct 13th 2022! Tell your crew chief today!

I hope that they'll do more playtesting this time. In WRC 10, the "Anniversary Mode" is useless for me as the 3rd event ("Fog at Arganil") is way too hard (I lack about 45 seconds to pass it despite weekends of practice and having a middle class wheel and pedals).

In an interview with Alain Jarniou by Screenrant, Alain said they were aware of the criticisms of the terrible sounds in WRC 10 and they re-recorded it again this year.

The question is, what happened to the sounds they "re-recorded" for WRC 10? Did they re-recorded it again after doing it for WRC 10's or is the one that's meant for WRC 10 was skipped because they didn't have enough time and released WRC 10 without it anyway?

The WRC 10 audio recording devlog in question:

Notice how none of the real life sounds are in the game between the cuts in the same video?

And then watch the new WRC Generations trailers. There more variations but they are still very muted and not aggressive as you'd expect from a Rally car. It's not game breaking but very annoying as it is immersion breaking.

My biggest issue with the sounds is that a lot of the sounds are gone from previous games. WRC 7 and WRC 8 in particular have detailed ambient and crowd sounds. From reverberations to echo to cheers. Not to mention the mechanical sounds produced by the cars are also a lot clearer and more detailed in those games. The downgrading of the sounds is what I'm disappointed and frustrated with.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back