WRC9 WRC 9 | Update Deployed, Finland Stages Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 9 developer KT Racing has released a new updated for their latest World Rally Championship videogame, bringing to the title the much loved stages of Rally Finland.
  • Rally Finland added as free post release DLC.
  • New driver added - Hayden Paddon.
  • Photo Mode now included.
Sadly World Rally fans have had to make do with a much reduced schedule this season in the real world due to Covid-19 and all the various restrictions that brings to elite sport, but virtual races thankfully haven't got to contend with that issues, and courtesy of KT Racing and WRC 9, taking to the countryside at break neck speeds has never been more refreshing - now with the immense Nestle Rally Finland included within the title!

As well as the driver, location and photo mode update that has just released, KT Racing have also confirmed further free expansions will be brought to the title in the very near future - with the much anticipated co-driver mode headlining update two at a date yet to be confirmed.

The new WRC update is available now on both console and Epic Games Store PC versions of the title.

WRC 9 is available now on both PC and Console.

Check out the WRC sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest and greatest news and discussion about this official World Rally Championship racing title.

WRC 9 Update.jpg

Last edited:
Its just me or the dust trails produce by the car are mutch smaller and the dust in certain parts of the tracks stops and then starts again....?

Also they claime in the patch notes that they solve the stuttering in replays. For me its not solved. Same thing.

Haven't played a rally game for long time but "Art of Rally" made me want to get one again. Which one is better Dirt 2 or WRC9 ? I'm using a T300 and Fanatec LC pedals.

Last edited:
Haven't played a rally game for long time but "Art of Rally" made me want to get one again. Which one is better Dirt 2 or WRC9 ? I'm using a T300 and Fanatec LC pedals.
If i had to pick ....i would go wrc 1st .....8 or 9 ...the stages are fantastic , but dirt is great for different reasons .....if you have the budget ...both .
or get wrc 9 and dirt 2.0 is often found in the steam sales .
After saying that , Dirt is also great and found super cheap ....still a great title , i hammered the welsh stages in that ...hahaha :)

Dirt rally 1 is way more fun for me than dirt rally 2.0.
The car feels like it doesn't weight much, so a bit unrealistic but it's fun, fun and fun!
While it behaves very logically, apart from tarmac sometimes.
2.0 is "improved" but I find it very difficult to judge how much the weight will fly/slide/bounce and you can't catch it...
More realistic but less fun for me.

Wrc 7 is a lot of fun with a few mods. It feels very weighty and heavy and while you slide even more than in DR 2.0, I just drive slower and enjoy myself.

But overall I'd say get dirt rally 1 and just have a blast!

Dirt Rally 2.0 is better in 2 ways, 1: It's way cheaper (I can find a copy for as low as €4-5, the GOTY edition (every DLC included) for about €11,-, 2: Graphics and sounds are better and comes with official FIA Rallycross content.

downside to Dirt Rally 2.0: shorter stages and the tarmac physics and damage system is a little worse than WRC 9, also the career mode is kind of simple, in WRC9 it feels like you are actively building a team, you also get perks that you can distribute to suit your driving style, in Dirt Rally 2.0 you can only buy engineers/mechanics to only improve repairtime / repairbills and winning earnings.

Still, I own both but I have more fun with Dirt Rally 2.0, although both games can be as challenging as you want it to be.

I just bought a dirt 2.0 about 2 weeks ago, it's better than you can imagine, a really great overall. I really enjoy driving it. So smooth, so sharp. Not tested WRC 9 game as I thought it is the same caliber as F1 2020 game (****).

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing