Paul Jeffrey

Premium
WRC 9 is just around the corner, and one of the new locations set to make an appearance in the game is the New Zealand Rally - with some first preview imagery from the states now out in the public domain.

Set to release on console and PC in September this year, with next gen console release slated for a little while afterwards, the ninth instalment of the WRC game series (can you believe we are on number 9 already?!?) looks to be shaping up rather nicely over at KT Racing - so much so that the studio have decided to release some preview footage from an early build version of the title - and already it looks fantastic.

As per usual, the upcoming game enjoys the official licence of the FIA World Rally Championship, this time taking the opportunity to recreate the 2020 season that is currently on hold, and as such returning favourites such as the Safari Rally in Kenya, Rally Japan and the featured Rally New Zealand.

Roads in New-Zealand are amongst the most beautiful and the most appreciated in the Championship’s history.” tells Benoît Gomes, Lead Level Designer at KT Racing.​

Famous for its fast chains of turns and a sustained pace rhythm, along with breath-taking landscapes, Rally New-Zealand truly offers a particular experience. A long preparation work allowed us to replicate, as closely as possible, the luxuriant vegetation, the light and unique ocean views, as well as the road’s topography and surfaces, mainly composed of gravel. We’re convinced that players will enjoy taking up this challenge as much as we did in WRC 9.” concludes Benoît Gomes.​

WRC 9 Key Features:
  • 3 new rallies: Japan, New Zealand, Kenya
  • Over 50 official teams and their livery from the WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC
  • Over 15 bonus cars that have left their mark on the history of the WRC
  • Exclusive new game modes soon to be discovered

WRC 9 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC this September 3rd.

Want to know more about this new game? No worries, keep an eye out for the upcoming WRC 9 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to engage with your fellow sim racing fans.

WRC 9 New Zealand 1.jpg
WRC 9 New Zealand 2.jpg

Last edited:
I really hate to come on forums and ask, but I'm stuck and can't find any "official" place to ask. I have mostly new Fanatec stuff, CSW 2.5, V3 pedals, v1.5 shifter, Thrustmaster TSS handbrake. I CANNOT get force feedback in WRC 9. I've spent 3 days uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and Fanatec drivers. Everything works in the game, but ZERO force feedback.

I've searched and searched, I've done all button mapping, FFB settings, wheel settings, unplugging and replugging, in game and outside the game. The game runs fine, graphics setup seemingly OK, drives OK, but not much fun with zero FFB. I've reinstalled the game after uninstalling and deleting the config file in .....Documents/MyGames/WRC9, basically starting over.

One time, three days ago, I had FFB for two stages, then it went away and all the uninstalling/reinstalling, reading, watching, tweaking won't get it back now!!!

All my stuff works in Dirt Rally 2.0, AMS2, Raceroom, ACC, but NOT in WRC 9.

Can someone point me to where to look to fix this?

Or point me to how to submit a support ticket someplace........or something??

Thanks
Tom

I had exactly the same experience with WRC 8 and it ended up being a little program called irffb used for improving iracing FFB , once i disable that i had FFB in WRC 8.

You might not have irffb installed but it shows how another app can interfere with the FFB in WRC , so check/disable all third party apps.

I really hate to come on forums and ask, but I'm stuck and can't find any "official" place to ask. I have mostly new Fanatec stuff, CSW 2.5, V3 pedals, v1.5 shifter, Thrustmaster TSS handbrake. I CANNOT get force feedback in WRC 9. I've spent 3 days uninstalling and reinstalling both the game and Fanatec drivers. Everything works in the game, but ZERO force feedback.

I've searched and searched, I've done all button mapping, FFB settings, wheel settings, unplugging and replugging, in game and outside the game. The game runs fine, graphics setup seemingly OK, drives OK, but not much fun with zero FFB. I've reinstalled the game after uninstalling and deleting the config file in .....Documents/MyGames/WRC9, basically starting over.

One time, three days ago, I had FFB for two stages, then it went away and all the uninstalling/reinstalling, reading, watching, tweaking won't get it back now!!!

All my stuff works in Dirt Rally 2.0, AMS2, Raceroom, ACC, but NOT in WRC 9.

Can someone point me to where to look to fix this?

Or point me to how to submit a support ticket someplace........or something??

Thanks
Tom

I solved this with a fresh install of Windows 10!! Drastic, but it worked. I believe it was related to OLD wheel drivers from my G920. I couldn't delete enough devices inside the game and I think somehow the game was sending FFB to some ghost device that was no longer installed. With a fresh install all the old "drivers" are gone and things work as expected.

As someone who put off moving to W10 until last year, I've got say I now believe it runs better than W7.
And my pc is no spring chicken.:)
WRC9 is worth it.

Thanks for the replies.
I actually have W10 on my other PC, but not for my SimRacing Rig. I'd like to have a look at WRC9, but don't really want to upgrade yet just to run it, so I'll give it a miss for now. All of my other Racing sims work fine with W7 currently.

So what you're saying is that you haven't tried it yet !
KT has stepped up in every department but you just haven't noticed !
You're correct I haven't tried WRC8, which is why I prefaced my post with " As far as I'm aware ".
I'm going by the reviews and comments from others who have 8 and got 9.
I do agree that WRC 9 is a very good rally game which I'm enjoying.

So what you're saying is that you haven't tried it yet !
KT has stepped up in every department but you just haven't noticed !
I have played both WRC 8 and 9 and except from some new content like countries, stages, liveries and historic cars I see no differences. Sound, graphics, FFB and driving model are the same. Or the improvements are very minor and only notable by pro gamers or if you play both games in a row without an interruption.

Has anyone seen what the FOV slider values MEAN in WRC 9? So I use a FOV calculator, get 53 Deg. horizontal, 31 Deg. vertical, but WRC 9 sliders are plus and minus from zero, sort of like Dirt Rally 2.0. I've read how it works in Dirt Rally, how does it relate in WRC 9?

I have played both WRC 8 and 9 and except from some new content like countries, stages, liveries and historic cars I see no differences. Sound, graphics, FFB and driving model are the same. Or the improvements are very minor and only notable by pro gamers or if you play both games in a row without an interruption.

Well if you feel that Sound are the same you must have a really crappy sound system or even worse damaged hearing.

WRC 9 is a lot more realistic in every way !

Has anyone seen what the FOV slider values MEAN in WRC 9? So I use a FOV calculator, get 53 Deg. horizontal, 31 Deg. vertical, but WRC 9 sliders are plus and minus from zero, sort of like Dirt Rally 2.0. I've read how it works in Dirt Rally, how does it relate in WRC 9?
i can't say about the sliders but i'm wondering what is your monitor size and how far is it from your eyes? , all in inches please.

Well if you feel that Sound are the same you must have a really crappy sound system or even worse damaged hearing.

WRC 9 is a lot more realistic in every way !
I have a Creative SoundBlasterX AE-5 soundcard and some Sennheiser headphones for $ 150.
Yes, in a direct comparison you can hear and see some improvements. But Dirt Rallys sound, FFB and driving model is still way ahead. But overall and especially regarding graphics and presentation, WRC 9 is fine.

Take the driving model, FFB, sound and co-driver from Dirt Rally and the rest from WRC 9 => perfect rally game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 109 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 204 15.0%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing