Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yep. Really don't understand why so many people are so much against the Epic Store. Especially since Epic takes a noticeably lower cut from the sales than Valve.
It's about the fact that Epic buys the developers for exclusivity. And exclusivity is never a good thing. We should be able to choose where to buy our games. Like I can choose to which market I go for buying my food. You don't want to be able to buy groceries only at Walmart and not in other stores, do you?

It's about the fact that Epic buys the developers for exclusivity. And exclusivity is never a good thing. We should be able to choose where to buy our games. Like I can choose to which market I go for buying my food. You don't want to be able to buy groceries only at Walmart and not in other stores, do you?

IF the groceries are exactly the same and price are
very same... then I see no reason why it's different.

However... regular groceries usually not the same
and the games are so I believe this is just another
classic case of

Apples-and-Oranges-dude-No-its-the-same-sh_o_51424.jpg

bad comparison. :alien:

Seeing so many "no VR no buy" comments reminds me of why I don't visit this place too much anymore. Simracing elitism has gone way beyond just steering wheels. Meanwhile the VAST majority of gamers do well without fancy headsets and triple screens. My five year old PC is starting to struggle with modern games, and I cannot afford to upgrade it right now. Especially during these troublesome times where every penny counts. But people are still saying "no VR no buy".

Laugh at my comment if you want, I don't care. I'm in quarantine, and having a blast with Tony Stewart's game.

You can buy groceries in any grocery store. But if you have a favorite brand, you might not be able to get it in every grocery store, because not every grocery store sells every brand available. Some brands are even exclusive to specific stores. That's the equivalent of the Epic Store "exclusivity".

People complaining about Epic Store "exclusivity" are literally complaining about the fact that they don't want to go to a different store to buy their favorite brand of food, they demand to be able to buy it in the store they normally shop in. Well, maybe if your favorite store offered the same deal to the brand, it would sell in your favorite store too. But it didn't, so it doesn't. Stop complaining about made up issues* and go to the shop at the other side of the street, it sells the brand you like. Or don't go if you're really so against the idea of going to a different shop, but stop complaining about "exclusivity" or "anti-consumerism" or whatever you decided to currently call the minor inconvenience of having to visit a different store to get what you want. It's neither, it really is just a minor inconvenience of you having to go to a different shop to buy certain specific items, and it's a perfectly normal thing that happens every day.

(* Not necessarily meaning "you" as in "you specifically", just to make it clear.)

So because not everyone can afford it, the rest of the world should not move forward??
The first PC was crazy expensive, luckily someone bought it, and then it got cheaper, so more people bought it, then even a newer version came along, and it got even cheaper. With your mindset, we wouldn’t have any hardware at all, because no one needed to push the technology forward. We would still play on a green 10” screen, with a few dots coming against us. Be HAPPY that people want more, because then you get more, cheaper..

Seeing so many "no VR no buy" comments reminds me of why I don't visit this place too much anymore. Simracing elitism has gone way beyond just steering wheels. Meanwhile the VAST majority of gamers do well without fancy headsets and triple screens. My five year old PC is starting to struggle with modern games, and I cannot afford to upgrade it right now. Especially during these troublesome times where every penny counts. But people are still saying "no VR no buy".

Laugh at my comment if you want, I don't care. I'm in quarantine, and having a blast with Tony Stewart's game.

So because not everyone can afford it, the rest of the world should not move forward??
The first PC was crazy expensive, luckily someone bought it, and then it got cheaper, so more people bought it, then even a newer version came along, and it got even cheaper. With your mindset, we wouldn’t have any hardware at all, because no one needed to push the technology forward. We would still play on a green 10” screen, with a few dots coming against us. Be HAPPY that people want more, because then you get more, cheaper..

At the end of day, I've said it a million times. A racing sim without VR is not a better product than it including VR Support. There is literally zero reason why anyone would argue to NOT implement VR support in a genre that specifically makes perfect sense for it. Same goes for game exclusivity. As a customer, there is ZERO benefit for a game to be available on only one platform, be it a single console, or a particular store on PC. It might not bother you. You might buy a PS4 to play RDR2, or God of War, and not care. But that doesn't change the fact that there is absolutely no benefit to a customer that these practices exist. None. It's purely business decisions that dictate how we purchase and use our entertainment products and as such, should be of no concern to the end user whether they support them or not.

I use the word 'customer' rather than 'consumer' for a very specific reason. I understand people might not care about using Epic game store for certain titles. Would you buy from there by CHOICE, or is it simply a matter of no bother because you are forced to do so? I wonder what the answer to that question is for the majority of people who support it. Just like when I have to go to multiple supermarkets to get the items I wish to buy, it's annoying, time consuming and in no way makes my shopping experience more enjoyable.

Sim racing titles should by now include VR support as standard. Any person that has even the slightest interest in driving games in general should not point their frustration at people voicing their opinion on others who choose not to support titles without VR support. Instead, ask developers why they continually attempt to do as little as possible and still expect to earn your money.

I have no issue with WRC9 going with Epic and the exclusivity , I have been with Steam since it started and I can tell you now they (STEAM) freaking invented "Exclusivity" and i lost track long ago on all the Steam exclusivity games over the years.....jeapers it's just a dang log on. Oh not to mention Epic has given me 70 games for free since I bought WRC8 at launch.:p

No cheats as far as I am aware. Just set career to easy and you can blast thru Junior and WRC2 in no time. Career mode actually ends up being quite useful as you learn a lot from the training and challenges :)

hi.
is any way to off wrong way mode in wrc8 , i mean when i go other way of track screen get shines and car reset to right direction. For ex. in dirt3 u can drive any direction off track, i like do this in wrc8.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years