Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Personally, I love WRC 8, it's far from perfect but...
each year we get better and better OFFICIAL WRC game.
And I have no doubt WRC 9 will outperform its predecessor.
:)

Why bother buying it
Rally 2.0 rules
WRC Doesn't even support VR
Rally 2.0, hell yeah !
I mean... it's enough to just say Rally 2.0 and you know what game it is.
Right ?
Colin McRae Rally 2point0, a true legend !!! :thumbsup:

:rolleyes::cautious::alien:

Last edited:
Like a few others, these days I really dont need another Rally game that wont provide VR as an option. I have Dirt Rally 1 and 2 that does provide VR and I have WRC 6 and 7. All these games fill my needs to do Rally racing and most the time I just do trial single runs, not career mode. I dont need the latest and greatest every year of this type of game since I do not follow Rally racing. They are just for entertainment to pass my time away. For those that want the latest and greatest in any game, have fun and hope you enjoy the game. take care.

My option, the tools offered by Steam for the user that Epic "does not" offer yet, makes me not choose to use Epic. The fact that the slice $$$$$$$ that Epic charges the producer is smaller and that in theory it earns more per unit sold, would it not be overlapped by a higher number of sales if it were present on Steam even if biting a larger slice of $$$$$$$ per unit sold? At the end of the day, this larger slice that Steam charges is not only for the game itself but also for the tools and possibilities it offers the user as already mentioned that it does not yet have on Epic

So then i will for sure do not buy it at release. Well, bought Wrc8 and its not bad but insted to "polish" this product, they release new one. So i will skip it.....

They have polished WRC8. What the **** do you expect, it's an official yearly game. Do you think Codemasters would "polish" F1 2019 for 2 years instead of releasing F1 2020?!

My option, the tools offered by Steam for the user that Epic "does not" offer yet, makes me not choose to use Epic. The fact that the slice $$$$$$$ that Epic charges the producer is smaller and that in theory it earns more per unit sold, would it not be overlapped by a higher number of sales if it were present on Steam even if biting a larger slice of $$$$$$$ per unit sold? At the end of the day, this larger slice that Steam charges is not only for the game itself but also for the tools and possibilities it offers the user as already mentioned that it does not yet have on Epic

What tools are you missing in Epic Store? I can't think of one thing that would be different to me if WRC8 was in Steam instead. So Epic charges the developer/publisher less than Steam, that's great. What's not to like? I wouldn't mind having everything in Steam since I have most games there, but it really is a huge non-issue to use Epic to launch another game.

Like a few others, these days I really dont need another Rally game that wont provide VR as an option. I have Dirt Rally 1 and 2 that does provide VR and I have WRC 6 and 7. All these games fill my needs to do Rally racing and most the time I just do trial single runs, not career mode. I dont need the latest and greatest every year of this type of game since I do not follow Rally racing. They are just for entertainment to pass my time away. For those that want the latest and greatest in any game, have fun and hope you enjoy the game. take care.

So what was the point of your message?

They have polished WRC8. What the **** do you expect, it's an official yearly game. Do you think Codemasters would "polish" F1 2019 for 2 years instead of releasing F1 2020?!
^^Ok, so when u are happy about it, its cool. Im not. Nevermind.
But.... as the title says its just Wrc8 and not Wrc2019..... so they could indeed polish it better.
In my opinion this game was not like it should be.

Then how do you explain that probably the most awaited video game in the entire history of gaming is being released on Monday as a VR only title?

Silly Kojak, Cyberpunk 2077 isn't getting VR! :p

OT: This series is the racing equivalent of Call of Duty. Fool me once/twice/thrice...ok 4 times now, shame on you. Fool me the fifth time, shame on me. I stopped @ 7 and unless I hear screaming from the rooftops that RBR has finally been dethroned, this is getting no play.

But what about device support? I don't know how it was for wrc 8 but any respectable racing game these days must have complete Fanatec/Logitech/Thrustmaster wheels support.
I don't think there were any real issues with WRC8 outside of the usual issues of the game having some problems with various obscure direct drive setups (at launch?).

TBH I didn't have any issues with Loeb either.
SLRE doesn't support multiple controllers well, if at all. If you have pedals connected to the base, you should be fine. If not, you're likely out of luck. I had to make an adapter to be able to play it with my current setup to be able to connect my pedals directly to the wheel base.

What tools are you missing in Epic Store? I can't think of one thing that would be different to me if WRC8 was in Steam instead. So Epic charges the developer/publisher less than Steam, that's great. What's not to like? I wouldn't mind having everything in Steam since I have most games there, but it really is a huge non-issue to use Epic to launch another game.
Yep. Really don't understand why so many people are so much against the Epic Store. Especially since Epic takes a noticeably lower cut from the sales than Valve.

Why do a trailer with almost no in game video? Embarrassed by the graphics?
That's how teasers work. It's not a trailer.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 308 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 204 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 155 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.6%