WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
AgentHeX 0007 submitted a new resource:

WRC 9 Mods - Lighting, Effects, Cameras, Graphics, Post Process, Shaders, Settings, Physics and much more.

WRC 9 Mods 0.9 Beta :cool:

Full detailed Instructions for the mod will be added soon...

As always feedback, suggestions and ideas are always welcome.
:thumbsup:

Read more about this resource...

The mods were created and tested on an 8 core i7 with 32G of ram and a 1080Ti running at 3440x1440
Some mods do require that you have a high end CPU/GPU.
If you are struggling to run it smoothly, run the Graphics Mods installer again and change the mods that say "high end pc/cpu/gpu required" to a different version.

The most effort was put into the game and graphics over the past months. Next I will add more physics mods in the coming weeks and months and hopefully Cedric will also work his magic on the performance of the cars so I can add his mods to the installer.

Last edited:
Hi AgentHeX 0007,

First of all a big thank you for your mod :)
I know the mode isn't complete and you need to add more improvements.

I have small remarks :whistling:
-Concerning the position of the camera,could you also add the possibility of modifying the hood view?I used the onboard view to modify the camera.
WRC9 2021-01-29 12-49-24-24.jpg

-I noticed the lack of blur on the cockpit cams (something I don't have on the base game).
WRC9 2021-01-29 12-53-08-03.jpg

-I assume the option to reduce dust on the car is not included yet?
-Is it possible to increase the values of the photo mode in order to move the shooting position away?
Photo_001.jpg

-Finally,is it possible to completely disable camera shake?Despite the mod,I still have movements that bother me.....(especially on braking).

Thank you for the availability of the mod.

Last edited:
Iam really enjoying! Now i can see the road! No more dark cockpits.

If i was me i just delete the text on the top left corner "WRC 9 mods" :D

What is the mod that bring more vibrance to the colors? Like in the photos of New Zealand and Japan?

Last edited:
Thanks again.
Unfortunately I have a problem with the ... frame rate ... I play in 2560x1440 display resolutions with locked 60 fps my PC (in tex). In the game from EPIC everything is fine. I tried many changes to the MOD options without any luck. Everything else I saw is wonderful as always. It does not matter I will wait for some upgrade of the MOD.
Caution!!! When I restored the game from the Backup that I have, unfortunately EPIC did not recognize it. The solution to my problem was to do ... Verify the folders from EPIC.
Thank you very much .....SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

Attachments

• 0 My PC.txt
    163 bytes · Views: 121
Thank you @AgentHeX 0007. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Just one question for you - which specific files/lines do you need to edit to mess with the speed of the AI on certain stages/rallies? Much like WRC 8, the AI are either supremely fast on some rallies or so slow that even setting them to 150% doesn't offer a challenge.

Thank you @AgentHeX 0007. Your efforts are much appreciated.

Just one question for you - which specific files/lines do you need to edit to mess with the speed of the AI on certain stages/rallies? Much like WRC 8, the AI are either supremely fast on some rallies or so slow that even setting them to 150% doesn't offer a challenge.
Common/Tuning/AIPars.cfg, In WRC 8 mods I adjust every value in there, there are a lot of them to mod :laugh:

It had to be that one, didn't it? Hahaha. Thank you.
I will add the Ai mod later if I find some time.

It can be done easily using notepad++ and a spreadsheet

Open the file, in notepad search for "= 1" select "find all in this document" you should find 133 results. copy and paste the result into a spreadsheet (excel etc) ignore all of the car names. You only need the numbers in the columns. Sort the column of numbers from high to low. You will now have a range of numbers. Looking at the first three digits only eg. 1.05 you will now have set range of values 1.17 to 1.00 and 1

To mod the file in notepad simply use the find and replace function. so starting with the highest number 1.17 you would replace it to as an example 1.27 so you would search for "= 1.17" and replace it with "= 1.27" you need to do this for every value in order high to low so next would be "= 1.16" change to "= 1.26" and so on until you get to the value 1.00. Then for the WRC1 cars which is simply "= 1," change it to "= 1.10,"

The above is only an example, you could change "= 1.17" to "= 1.25" then work your way down the list of values adding the same amount to each value.

This is a simple brute force way to change the AI pars, the values are much more granular eg. 1.02181818181818, <- WTF :laugh:

Last edited:
-Concerning the position of the camera,could you also add the possibility of modifying the hood view?I used the onboard view to modify the camera.

-I noticed the lack of blur on the cockpit cams (something I don't have on the base game).

-I assume the option to reduce dust on the car is not included yet?

-Is it possible to increase the values of the photo mode in order to move the shooting position away?

-Finally,is it possible to completely disable camera shake?Despite the mod,I still have movements that bother me.....(especially on braking).

1) I have added it to the next update.

2) Motion blur, I will look into it. Have you tried the different levels of the "Enhanced Motion blur mod"

3) I can make a mod to control the dirt build up on the cars exterior, or do you mean like the snow texture swap mod on WRC8 mods?

4) Photo mode, I did look into adding full freecam to photo mode, maybe in the future.

5) Less camera shake, I will look into it.

Last edited:
The "ENHANCED ROAD SURFACES & SCREEN SPACE REFLECTIONS MOD" really makes the GPU work hard, I will add a low GPU usage version to a future update.
Thank you very much for your answer.
Ok I will wait because you really are ... our angel on earth .... hahaha...for the WRC.
Thank you very much .....SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

The "ENHANCED ROAD SURFACES & SCREEN SPACE REFLECTIONS MOD" really makes the GPU work hard, I will add a low GPU usage version in the next update. (today)

Also try turning off "Deband" in the ReShade menu. (F10, F11, F12 keys)

Ok I try it now and I will tell you. Thank you very much again.
Telis

Last edited:
The "ENHANCED ROAD SURFACES & SCREEN SPACE REFLECTIONS MOD" really makes the GPU work hard, I will add a low GPU usage version in the next update. (today)

Also try turning off "Deband" in the ReShade menu. (F10, F11, F12 keys)

Yes it worked with (F12). I do not know if it is correct but in .. (WRC9 Game and Graphics Mods) .. I also made these settings ... (Photos) ....
Thank you very much again.....SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 18.55.48.89.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 18.55.48.89.png
    20.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 18.58.08.66.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.29 - 18.58.08.66.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year