WRC 9 Mods

WRC9 WRC 9 Mods 1.0 update 8

Login or Register an account to download this content
I can share a beta version thïs week.
Note that i work a lot on tarmac, with new grip on tires on all surfaces, setup for Fiesta R2 like et should de with only 3 settings on suspensions and gearbox.
Sounds awesome to me! I've been really enjoying your engine and chassis inertia settings over the last couple of days. Those combined with extra grip on brakes down to 0 are making for a whole new experience, honestly. It's such a big step forward in its current state.

Last edited:
Hi guys!

Be careful, this mod can be surprising for people who are accostumed to the vanilla physics.
Cars will be slower than before, handling very different.
I try to modify many files, specially suspension, tires, body and the steering.
I works a lot on tarmac and not a lot on gravel, snow etc.

I'm testing breaking car now and sharing the mod tonight if everything is good

I forgot to say that your car setting can be unusable with this mod. I recommand to create new setting mainly on suspension and differentials.
Except the fiesta R2, the suspension setting is more accurate than before with 100 sets.

Last edited:
I forgot to say that your car setting can be unusable with this mod. I recommand to create new setting mainly on suspension and differentials.
Except the fiesta R2, the suspension setting is more accurate than before with 100 sets.
Hello Cédric,
I don't know anything about the settings of the car :D.
Can you tell us the values you recommend to set for it to work with your mod?(Gravel/Asphalt adjustment).
I understand that it is also necessary to reduce the gear ratios of speed? Thx

For tarmac, spring should be around 80-90k, dampers about 8k (even more on rebound compare to compression), height with rear a little higher value and rollbar at least at 1000.
The differential setting depend on your driving. I use differential with high value on acceleration, braking and release whereas low value on preload.
And also 50/50 for differential rate.
Braking with 60% on the front.
Gearbox at 5500-5700, depend also on your driving and the stage

On snow, gravel or other surface, thé suspension should be softer with spring around 30-40k.
The differential setting should de very different compare to tarmac setting. Preload very high, acceleration, braking etc low.
Braking at 50/50 seems Well.
Gearbox et 5000 or lower to avoid spin at firsts gear

On snow, gravel or other surface, thé suspension should be softer with spring around 30-40k.
The differential setting should de very different compare to tarmac setting. Preload very high, acceleration, braking etc low.
Braking at 50/50 seems Well.
Gearbox et 5000 or lower to avoid spin at firsts gear
Just been giving it a more extended run in Finland and Kenya in the Yaris WRC. There's certainly some good stuff here.

One problem so far seems to be the car behaviour when it lands from a jump. This seems to happen a lot: That seems to lead to the car smacking the ground and suffering big damage. I've tried quite a lot of suspension setup combinations that allow the car to be more driveable, but this ends up being the result. The softer the suspension, the worse the problem seems to be.

At least based on my experience across RBR and DR, what you've done has certainly shifted it much harder in that direction. The things I have to do to get the car turned is certainly reminiscent of those two games. I do wonder if there's generally a bit too much understeer at high speed given the WRC cars are aero monsters. I've had to min/max the diff on deceleration/acceleration and run a very stiff rear anti-roll bar to get it to do much of anything.

It's pretty fun to get the Scandinavian flick out though and it actually be of use at lower speeds. :D

Not had a chance to give the changes an extended run on tarmac yet, but I will do eventually. Thanks for your efforts Ced, this is certainly rather promising.

Last edited:
As i mentionned before, i work a lot on tarmac, and for the other surface, it's really the first version. That's the reason that your feedbacks are very important

I think I've isolated the understeer problem - it appears to be the edited tyres. I spent last night going between DR 2.0, RBR NGP and my own modded WRC 9 install just to have everything fresh in my mind. I even tried the edited tyres in my own modded install and instantly had the same massive understeer problems. There's zero grip from the front end. I could cross my arms over on the wheel (I run 540 degrees) at low speed and the car barely moved.

I think I've isolated the understeer problem - it appears to be the edited tyres. I spent last night going between DR 2.0, RBR NGP and my own modded WRC 9 install just to have everything fresh in my mind. I even tried the edited tyres in my own modded install and instantly had the same massive understeer problems. There's zero grip from the front end. I could cross my arms over on the wheel (I run 540 degrees) at low speed and the car barely mo
Strange. I use a t300rs without problem.
I will send another tires mod tonight

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back