WRC9 WRC 9 Available | Release Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yesterday, NACON and KT Racing released the brand new WRC 9 videogame - the official simulation of the 2020 FIA World Rally Championship.
  • Available now on console and PC.
  • New launch trailer released.
  • All official cars, rallies and teams of WRC, WRC 2, WRC and JWRC 2020.

Sadly for fans of good game platforms, the new WRC 9 will only be available exclusively on the Epic Games Store for PC players, with no plans to release the title on Steam in the forseeable future. Anyone who has used the Epic Games Store in the past will likely be disappointed by this news, as in comparison to the more widely adopted Steam version functionality and ease of use are rather less apparent than would be an ideal scenario.. anyway, I digress..

WRC9_Screenshot_Kenya_Ford_4.jpg

WRC 9 Key Features;
  • 3 new rallies: Japan, New Zealand, Kenya
  • Over 50 official teams and their livery from the WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC
  • Over 15 bonus cars that have left their mark on the history of the WRC
  • The brand-new Clubs Mode, to create customised championships
The new game released yesterday (03.09.2020) and is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC - with next generation console release expected to arrive closely following on from the new console releases and Nintendo Switch versions expected to be announced in the near future.

Check out the new WRC 9 launch trailer below:

Furthermore, the developers have confirmed their initial plans for post release content within the simulation - revealing the below post launch roadmap - with some interesting content additions coming to the title - not least of which is the inclusion of some epic historic events the likes of Finland and Portugal:

unnamed.jpg

WRC 9 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to learn more about this new rally title? Looking to share your experiences with WRC 9 so far? Head over to the RaceDepartment WRC 9 sub forum and get a post up and live today!

WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Ford_2_4K.jpg

Attachments

• WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Expecting to reads loads of hate but for me, using CSW V2.5 with all other Fanatec hardware, this title drives great on PC. It does have at least 1 bug that requires addressing in the fact of a freeze during a stage. Once this is sorted, it will be a very solid rallying experience & the new countries are great too.

Expecting to reads loads of hate but for me, using CSW V2.5 with all other Fanatec hardware, this title drives great on PC. It does have at least 1 bug that requires addressing in the fact of a freeze during a stage. Once this is sorted, it will be a very solid rallying experience & the new countries are great too.

Not gonna bother listening to any of the forums about this game personally. The last one got heavily criticised and I waited months to buy it as a result. Then watched a Jimmy broadbent video of it which encouraged me to buy it and was glad I did was a great game. This one has had nothing but positive reviews so far so bought it yesterday. Will give it a go today.

have done about 20 stages now, havent noticed any stutters. i run on everything AMD though.
the game is a evolution of last years game, with 3 rallies leaving and 3 being new and minor tweaks everywhere. you also have every junior category now in the game. career mode is basically the same as before, inspired by the F1 games minus the cutscenes.

i would suggest a 360-380 degree steering radius in that game and to turn of Bloom in the post processing

I enjoyed WRC 8, but I was never really happy with my controls and FFB setup. Decided to bite the bullet and buy WRC 9, really glad I did, it's a solid rally title.
Controls were already setup for my DD1, with some FFB changes it's a great drive.

EDIT: I'm racing on 2560x1080, with all settings maxed. I'm currently running the latest nvidia drivers. I have not experienced any stutters (yet).

Last edited:
For me it is not smooth at all. Even on 1920*1080 res. (I normally play in 2560*1440 or on 7680x1440.)
all settings set to low and still not very smooth. I presume it has problems with the latest NVidia driver Of my GTX 1080ti
I'm surprised at that, my old pc is giving me a steady 60fps with most settings at medium and high.
No stutters so far either.
Glad I bought it, rally games have come a long way since I got this one 20 years ago.
I still have fond memories of its great stages.
Mobil_1_Rally_Championship,_front_cover,_PC.jpg

I'm surprised at that, my old pc is giving me a steady 60fps with most settings at medium and high.
No stutters so far either.
Glad I bought it, rally games have come a long way since I got this one 20 years ago.
I still have fond memories of its great stages.
View attachment 403912
I as well have very good memories of this game, playing with a keyboard! haha There were a lot of cars and cool stages, never felt boring.

i have a very weird problem - for some reason the game is extremely dark for me. Its not anything with my monitor trust me. Even with clear sunny weather its is very dark. I've never seen anything like that in any game before. I tried messing with every possible setting and no solution.
I've read somewhere that in the past (7 or 8 i think) lot of people were having opposite problem, that the game was sometimes extremely unrealisticaly bright. So maybe they fixed it and created opposite problem :D
other then that i am having fun so far, great title.

Last edited:
Really loved 8 and was hoping they'd polish it up and improve for 9 but I'm left a little bit disappointed. I've been playing it for a couple of days now (pre-release) and it's a buggy mess.
Yes, there is a bit more content and the physics have improved a bit, but the amount of bugs I'm encountering is just too much, with some of them being gamebreaking ones.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 268 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.1%