WRC9 WRC 9 Available | Release Trailer

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Yesterday, NACON and KT Racing released the brand new WRC 9 videogame - the official simulation of the 2020 FIA World Rally Championship.
  • Available now on console and PC.
  • New launch trailer released.
  • All official cars, rallies and teams of WRC, WRC 2, WRC and JWRC 2020.

Sadly for fans of good game platforms, the new WRC 9 will only be available exclusively on the Epic Games Store for PC players, with no plans to release the title on Steam in the forseeable future. Anyone who has used the Epic Games Store in the past will likely be disappointed by this news, as in comparison to the more widely adopted Steam version functionality and ease of use are rather less apparent than would be an ideal scenario.. anyway, I digress..

WRC9_Screenshot_Kenya_Ford_4.jpg

WRC 9 Key Features;
  • 3 new rallies: Japan, New Zealand, Kenya
  • Over 50 official teams and their livery from the WRC, WRC 2, WRC 3 and Junior WRC
  • Over 15 bonus cars that have left their mark on the history of the WRC
  • The brand-new Clubs Mode, to create customised championships
The new game released yesterday (03.09.2020) and is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC - with next generation console release expected to arrive closely following on from the new console releases and Nintendo Switch versions expected to be announced in the near future.

Check out the new WRC 9 launch trailer below:

Furthermore, the developers have confirmed their initial plans for post release content within the simulation - revealing the below post launch roadmap - with some interesting content additions coming to the title - not least of which is the inclusion of some epic historic events the likes of Finland and Portugal:

unnamed.jpg

WRC 9 is available now on Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

Want to learn more about this new rally title? Looking to share your experiences with WRC 9 so far? Head over to the RaceDepartment WRC 9 sub forum and get a post up and live today!

WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Ford_2_4K.jpg

Attachments

• WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    WRC9_Screenshots_1_New_Zealand_Hyundai_2_4K (1).jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Windows 10 has been out awhile now, it's very stable and IMO the best version of windows yet (been through every version from Win 95 to now),
And Windows 7 was released 11 years ago. I've never understood why people cling so much to what is over a decade old system that's not even supported anymore, but for some reason, they do.
Guilty as charged sir. For some reason (old and senile) I resisted moving to 10 with all the brouhaha over privacy bad updates etc. Silly me, I've had no issues. @gamer19 go for it:thumbsup:

Last edited:
FFB is kinda meh. I compared it side by side to WRC8, and it certainly got better. It still doesn't tell you all that much about what the car is doing, though, and most of it still consists of annoying canned vibrations, including what people would call "the road noise", I guess. Not a big fan, DR2's nuanced FFB is miles ahead. But there's a fair amount of sliders and I didn't play with them yet, so it's possible you might be able to make a better FFB mix yourself if you spend time with it.

I agree, the default vibrations are terrible. For a quick fix, I put the "Vibrations" slider from 100% to 40%, seems to be an umbrella setting that lowers all vibration effects as a whole. Got noticeable better, but still worse than Dirt Rally 2.0. FFB tuning tips are welcomed

I refunded WRC8, skipping one game makes this feel more worthwhile but if anyone has found good FFB settings please share (I'm still able to refund)

Last edited:
This is what I've arrived at today. Probably not final, but certainly feels better than the default. Had to turn off the Tyre slip vibration completely, what a horrible effect.

i-6cHZP6z.png

But the FFB is still kinda weird. And if you try to use for example the SAT or Tyre Load forces alone, it feels really weird and it's hard to make sense of it. I don't think SAT should act the way it seems to in this game...

Also there seems to be some kind of bug that if you adjust the FFB too many times in a row, it kinda stops responding to your adjustments. Then you restart the game and it suddenly feels very different.

I've also managed to get rid of most of the microstutter - I had to turn on vsync, but I also had to make a new nVidia profile for WRC9 and force the vsync to "Application controlled" instead of my default "Fast", because it seemed to ignore Vsync altogether with Fast, hence it not really having an effect on the stutters.

Also there seems to be some kind of bug that if you adjust the FFB too many times in a row, it kinda stops responding to your adjustments. Then you restart the game and it suddenly feels very different.
Or in my case I lost ffb or steering completely until I unplugged then replugged my wheel.
I turned my spring centering up to 100 on my global settings and for some reason everything worked and I managed a couple of stages without any problems other than as you say it feels strange.
Today I'll see if it'll save my settings and try to get it to feel better.

Did anyone tried the clubs mode? it seems like a good idea but for some reason when i create a club, nobody can find it when they want to join. It shows only 20-30 clubs and no matter how much you try to sort them or do anything to find the particular club, it doesnt show. Anyone with the same problem?
EDIT: so there is even way to filtr the clubs to only show those with people you have in friends list on epic store, yet even with that its not working.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows why WRC 9 is not available on Steam? Up to yesterday, I could not get WRC 8 on Steam either. However, yesterday, WRC 8 became available out of the blue.

On Steam, WRC 8 release date is 8-Sep-2020.

Outside Steam, on the developer's site https://www.wrcthegame.com/. There is WRC 9 for purchase.

What is going on?
It's exclusive to Epic Games for a year. That's why 8 became available this week, because a year has passed.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 103 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 109 13.3%