• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8 Update 1.03 Available Now on PS4

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Aitze

Aitze

Ratings:
    +50
    Epic store safety and privacy is ****, so I won't buy anything from them. Also refunds might not work even if you have completed the requirements, launcher goes through all of you're files apparently, no offline gaming, slow and clunky launcher and many more problems

2. Kenny Paton

Kenny Paton
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +5,523
    Let's discuss the game please not where you bought it.

3. Dethrone1427

Dethrone1427

Ratings:
    +157
    Totally agree, I hate having to use several different launchers to play different games, I'll wait till it comes out on Steam, but like others made mention my enthusiasm may have dipped by then or I may have simply forgotten all about it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. A.K.Racing

A.K.Racing

Ratings:
    +26
    this not sim it's just arcade with a good set of stages very bad sound engine and very far from perfect physics!I skip it!Most stupid idea put this game only on epic!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +194
    Examples of Steam exclusives by contract please!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    The EGS is no worse than any other digital store.
    Sure I like the convenience of Steam, but there are also other stores I use for either their exclusives or simply because I don’t like stacking DRMs - for example Uplay on top of Steam, just to name one.

Not discussing if it a smart move - for that you need to be privy to the details. Steam takes a big cut, EGS takes a smaller cut. Kylotonn games have not been big sellers on Steam, getting mediocre reviews at best. The move to EGS probably made sense for them.

Been playing some WRC7 to get into it, I’ll probably order WRC8 based on the positive feedback.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    The whole privacy thing iirc is based on the fact that EPG initially did not require E-mail verification when creating a new account. I know because when I originally registered on EGS my E-mail address was already taken! Someone was using these E-mail addresses for some reason or another, probably having to do with Fortnite.

Very simple fix though.
    It was my Email address, which was otherwise not compromised, so I just requested a new password.
    After that I changed all details to fit my own and there is no way it can be accessed by that third party.

In the year that followed nothing suspicious has happened with that account.

8. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +986
    This looks great having watched a few You Tube videos, so there's nothing like a bit of healthy competition to up the game functionality...namely DR2 getting VR and WRC8 has not at the moment.:)

9. Dave Thayer

Dave Thayer

Ratings:
    +26
    I am in no hurry to get this game right away. I too will wait till it comes to STEAM and also when it is on a sale price. I like some others just want one main controlling platform like STEAM to handle my games. I have no issues with who is selling the game right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    Well you’ll have to wait until September 2020...
    By the time you are ready to buy the game on Steam its sequel will have been announced, together with improvements over 8! Of course if they still have an exclusive deal you can wait another year until Q4/21.

We are big boys, we can wait! :)

11. Rally_1337

Rally_1337

Ratings:
    +5
    Instead of making the game EGS exclusive, they could sell it also on Steam, but for a higher price in order to compensate the higher share Valve takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +83
    So you think it is actually preferable that the consumer pays the difference in the name of choice?

...of course consumers will swallow that whole, not complain about price difference?!

I can already imagine the sweet response on the Steam forum about having to pay more than EGS buyers.

Of course maybe it is just me being cynical.

13. Rally_1337

Rally_1337

Ratings:
    +5
    Of course not the perfect solution (this would be having the game on every store including GOG and retail for the same price), but still better compared to EGS only imho.

14. Charly7478i

Charly7478i

Ratings:
    +1
    An Update for PC Epic Store version?

15. jpmmuc

jpmmuc

Ratings:
    +4
    Nothing new, after the PS4 version they informed about the XBOX version, PC is not mentioned ....
    Is there a way to open support tickets/questions beside Twitter and FB?
    I think there are a lot of bugs. Easy ones like the steering wheel which could not be disabled in the Yaris and more complicated ones like the complete wrong FoV of the cockpit itself.

16. Sébastien Degraeve

Sébastien Degraeve

Ratings:
    +323
  17. Rally_1337

Rally_1337

Ratings:
    +5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.