• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8 Update 1.03 Available Now on PS4

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,519
    WRC 8 Updated.jpg
    A new update for the freshly released WRC 8 is available now on PS4...

… with Xbox One set to receive a similar patch at some stage later this week.

Released by Kylotonn Racing earlier this month, the prolific development team are keen to keep ahead of the curve with what can be described as arguably their finest rally game so far, dropping a new update earlier today that looks to address some of the initial bugs discovered by the community post launch.

At present an update to the PC version of the title hasn't been confirmed as in the works, but stay tuned just in case something changes over the next few weeks..

WRC 8 V1.0.3 Update Notes:

Career Mode
    • Solving an issue where the “Rain lover” skill in the Career mode wasn’t working properly.
    Bug Fixes
    • Solving a compatibility issue with the Handbrake TSS from Thrustmaster on the T300 & T-GT steering wheels.
    • Solving an issue where the Lancia Fulvia HF had too much grip on the road.
    • Solving an issue for the Toyota Yaris where the wheel was still visible even with the visibility setting off.
    • The Ghost can now be activated/deactivated through the menus.

WRC 8 is available now.

For more WRC 8 news and discussion, head over to the WRC 8 sub forum and connect with fellow fans of the series.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    Shame it went Epic exclusive. Was thinking about giving it a shot, but I refuse to purchase from that imposter of a store

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Disagree Disagree x 10
    • Haha Haha x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,124
    It's listed at steam, without a price, though, I figure they will deal it once the price has come down. Waiting till beginning of 2019, see what the deal is then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. neuer31

neuer31

Ratings:
    +194
    It is also not about it being on "epic store", it is that it is exclusively on "epic store". We gamers want to have choices and I will not be forced over to "epic store" and support such monopolistic practices (this also goes for console X exclusives).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    It is Epic exclusive for a year. I might check it out then, but my interest for it will probably be nonexistant by then.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. falster

falster

Ratings:
    +125
    Why? Youre a customer, you want to play it,its only you cutting off your nose to spite your face
    I really dont understand this almost virtue signal of a thing,

I bought it, and im fine, no little japanese girl with long black hair has killed me, no wierd "fate" things have befallen me.....i just.....have a game i wanted....and i can play it....

As i always say, you do you, of course.... But this just seems like youre wanting to look like youre waving a banner of some sort or....i dont know

I did the same with the new rebel galaxy game, and sinking city too.. and am thoroughly happy.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,124
    I'm getting interested in what this "epic" thing is all about. As of this afternoon i thought it was a graphics setting in ACC, there might be more to it ...

• Haha Haha x 8
  8. MarkR

MarkR

Ratings:
    +662
    Consoles getting updates first..this is a whole new thing!

I bought WRC 8 on Xbox One physical disk because:

a. It was £5 cheaper than Epic Store.
    b. If it was rubbish the Xbox disk had a trade-in value of £30, for the potential loss of £5 it was worth a try. (Yep I know the Epic 2hr refund thing but is 2hrs really enough to know with a rally game?)

Anyway turns out it's a great game and well worth the money, hope the updates keep coming because the career mode has plenty of bugs (disappearing crew members being the latest I've noticed)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jonathan Young

Jonathan Young
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    I like Steam because it centralizes all my games. I just don't want to have them spread all over the place in different stores, so I don't buy anything that's not available there. It's not because I'm obstinate, it's because I'm lazy and a bit OCD. Shame though, as I was mildly interested in this - but only mildly.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. CDwyer

CDwyer

Ratings:
    +25
    I am somewhere in the middle, I dont want to buy from Epic, but I will if the price is right, for the right game. WRC 8 is close to that at $30.00. That gives me 11 days to think about it.
    My issue concerns longevity. I trust that Steam will be here in five years, I do not have that confidence with Epic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +561
    Epic Games is the one that made Fortnite (= lot of $$$). I think they'll be around.

But the UI is very very barebones. Doesn't even display your play time, so when you are about to refund, better remember how long you played so far. There's no forums, so people discuss games and technical issues on Steam forums (Lol). So, good to have Steam page for your game, even if you're selling in Epic store (and Steam is used shamelessly for advertising and visibility, like WRC8 did)

And I dislike having multiple DRM launchers on my PC. I already have Steam, Origin, Microsoft Store, Oculus interface and UPlay. Which already annoys me (Origin and Uplay especially, since they are garbo). Then there's the Blizzard's Battle.net launcher (which will have for example Cod 2019) and now Epic Games.

It's just not convenient to have all these launchers (when most of them suck, all except Steam while Steam is far from perfect too)

Then there's the fact, that Epic is paying for exclusives and forcing people to use their crappy UI to get some game (like Metro Exodus). Supporting it will cause it to thrive, and it's nowhere near the quality of Steam as a platform (or even Uplay or Origin, Epic games launcher is bottom of the barrel, functionality-wise) so dunno if it deserves support all things considering

But if I'd like WRC8 enough to buy it (I actually refunded) I wouldn't let that bother me too much

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Ludwig von Mises

Ludwig von Mises

Ratings:
    +42
    I just went back to PC after a long twelve-year stint as a console pleb. Used to do PC gaming in the nineties with floppy disks and the first CD-ROM games so all this PC DRM stuff is new to me.
    I have a WRC 8 shortcut on my desktop that launches the game. I don't even see the Epic Store. Ditto with ACC on Steam. I just don't care. The game works.
    Loving WRC 8 BTW.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  13. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    I'm definitely not cutting off my nose to spite my face at all. I don't blindly support companies. A company needs to earn my business. WRC8 chosing to go Epic exclusive does nothing for me as a consumer, they made the move for themselves despite knowing they would lose customers. Steam is not perfect by any means, but Epic is anti-consumer with their exclusive deals and barebones store. It's a legitimate issue and a platform that again does nothing for me. Epic is not competing with Steam by providing a better product, they are trying to lure customers by putting games they are interested in behind their exclusive store.

People can disagree with me, and you can mock me by saying I am waving a banner, but at the end of the day I'm choosing as a consumer to avoid supporting businesses that are anticonsumer. That may be inconsequential to you, but I think it's foolish to throw money at companies that do nothing to earn my business. That applies to all things in life I purchase, not just video games.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. R1Joel

R1Joel

Ratings:
    +114
    I always laugh when people refuse to buy a game they want because it's on the Epic store. It's your loss. I also laugh at the fact that it's perfectly fine when Steam gets an exclusive, but oh no, no one else can get one! It's an outrage then! :rolleyes:

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    Steam doesn't do exslusive deals like Epic does. You just come off as ignorant when you try to spew nonsense as fact.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. R1Joel

R1Joel

Ratings:
    +114
    Except they do. You are the ignorant one.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Cheesenium

Cheesenium

Ratings:
    +75
    The problem for me is the epic client is absolutely dogshit. It’s slow and clunky where it even needs time to maximise it before it starts to show the actual UI. The refunding process is tedious, with support sending emails in phishing looking emails.

Not to mention the awful security that they had, particularly in the early days where they were hacked a lot. I still receive emails trying to hack my worthless account till now. I don’t feel safe with this company and if I’m not wrong, they don’t even have 2 factor security till now.

Heck, they don’t even bother to provide local currency in my country because of their anti competitive behavior. I had to pay in USD which is much higher than the price I pay for games locally.

I don’t mind multiple clients. The issue is epic that felt extremely unprofessional with this half baked basic client. Thuggish too, with their behavior of buying up exclusives. Lastly, they don’t offer much value over other launchers.

There are other issues that some people had been talking about like it’s alkedgedly a Chinese spyware as epic is owned by Tencent, people getting banned for buying too many games, lack of features and all the other issues. It doesn’t concern me as much, to be honest, however, I won’t say Epic is an honest company.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Tar Heel

Tar Heel

Ratings:
    +120
    Post examples please. I'd love to be proven wrong

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Yeschristopher

Yeschristopher

Ratings:
    +10
    Just be a console gamer then you sure sound like one. And what game has been paid for by valve to be a steam exclusive on PC? You're full of it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. falster

falster

Ratings:
    +125
    Yes. Lets get in argument and be rude and insulting to each other because....that never happens here right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.