Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
I have tried verifying and even moved files to my other ssd with no luck. Some times it is happening 3 times within 10 minutes. The sad side is I have sent dozens of those crash logs to Kylotonn with no feedback. such an unprofessional and incompetent company.

Very frustrating for you :( I can only suggest a full re-install, although you would think a verify would have sorted that. Cleaning out your graphics drivers is definitely worth a try as well. Other than that it could be a hardware compatibility issue. These things can be really difficult to pin down sometimes. I think the graphics drivers is your best bet. I have been known to do a full OS re-install when all else fails.

Well bit the bullet and bought it and i remember playing it at release on a friends xbox and finding it awful BUT it feels like a different game now. Currently only able to play games with my xbox controller on my pc but even still change the settings for the controller and its really enjoyable. Just need to download AgentX's mods now and make it look better because for some reason even though i can run it on max graphics my texture detail drop down menu in the game doesnt go any higher than medium.

This helps a lot with the excessive bloom in cockpit view. You get something similar with AgentsHex's mod but just be aware that if you compete online with physics mods you may get banned

The threads over on this franchise seem general so forgive me. With WRC 9 is there a camera fix out yet? I'd like to get lower and possibly further back if possible. I'm running on triples, sort of... The FOV is a bit off and the constant stuttering is quite bad. I'll try some of the fixes mentioned before. It only seems to be this game that runs bad in triples with my system.

I fix my FOV using the Aspect Ratio shader in ReShade. Have it mapped on a button on my wheel, so I zoom in more when on stage and then zoom out when/if I need the menus.
For fixing stutter, I had to force vsync in nVidia profile and obviously enable it in the game.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 452 39.3%