• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured WRC 8: Rally Argentina Preview Footage

Discussion in 'WRC 8 The Game' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 26, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +22,068
    A brand new gameplay trailer of WRC 8 has been released - showing off the Rally Argentina stages in all their glory.

Developed by Kylotonn Racing Games and published by Bigben Interactive, WRC 8 is set to be the latest release in what has been a long and successful series of officially licenced World Rally Championship games that began with the original World Rally Championship of 2001.

Now under the control of Kylotonn and benefitting from many lessons learnt over previous games, WRC 8 already looks to have the makings of the finest addition to the franchise to date.

Set to contain the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season and selected WRC2 and Junior category content, plus some historic cars from the history of the championship, WRC 8 certainly looks the part so far.

With public sale still quite a while away, enjoy the new gameplay trailer as excitement continues to build for this promising looking rally title.

WRC 8 is set to release September 2019.

For the latest news and discussions regarding WRC 8, head over to the new WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself in on the conversation today.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Fabio Aragão RD

Fabio Aragão RD

Ratings:
    +7
    no VR no Buy hahaha

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  3. Ruy Horta

Ruy Horta

Ratings:
    +53
    With some tweaking I found WRC 5, 6 & 7 enjoyable.
    WRC 8 seems to be an evolution of 7 with many of the visual aspects of V-Rally 4.
    All depends on the actual handling and FFB.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. north

north

Ratings:
    +42
    Based on how I enjoyed WRC 7 and the developers and testers feedback on where WRC 8 is going, this is certainly on the list.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Sman

Sman

Ratings:
    +162
    That co driver sounds like he should be flying a spitfire somewhere.

• Haha Haha x 9
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. aka2k

aka2k

Ratings:
    +174
    Jell-O suspension™

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +503
    Graphics look pretty convincing.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +312
    What's missing from all these console-orientated rally sims are the slow-motion close-up shots of the car's suspension interacting with the track/surface like we see in track racing sims (you know, like the famous F1 car bouncing over a curb in a chicane that takes 20 seconds to complete, but you see the tire flex, the suspension movement, the vibrations in the chassis). I know why they don't do it--because the physics of the car is not actually responding to a finely detailed model of the surface, but rather a ribbon of canned effects that transmit the FFB equivalent of "bleeps and bloops" to the wheel. They don't actually model the surface (can you imagine every loose stone, every rut and channel and pot hole!?!...much harder than a manicured F1 track surface), which is why they feel so unsatisfying to drive with a high-end wheel. RBR did, but it is so old and "low res" by comparison to the graphics today...dilemma. Have real physics with less detailed stage surface modelling or amazing graphics like these, but fake driving and effects?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  9. JTRaceFan17

JTRaceFan17

Ratings:
    +61
    WRC games from 5 onward have been notoriously limited in measurement units! I played 5, but it didn't allow MPH units!! Americans like myself use MPH, so offer that as an option for every unit of measure like MotoGP and Forza do!!

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Eckhart von Glan

Eckhart von Glan

Ratings:
    +1,031
    quite unimpressed, especially by the player, lol. overshooting turns not once but quite often, wonder why they should publish this, weird.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,594
    Does this title offer loose surface physics?

IMO, loose surface physics, dynamic tracks and tire's are an absolute must to separate the sims from simcades.

• Haha Haha x 1
  12. gamer19

gamer19

Ratings:
    +589
    Tbh, I expected the bigger step from last (WRC7) game.
    But, ok... I'm pretty optimistic type... maybe this is early version.
    One detail - the dirt cloud behind car is quite sparse and don't last as nearly as long and realistic as it should be. Then again... maybe only in early versions. To save pc power and gain some additional frames per second. :)

• Haha Haha x 1
  13. BeliacosGR

BeliacosGR

Ratings:
    +10
    Sound is ****
    Physics seems like ****
    Co-Driver is a **** robot

Seriously NOT impressed after seeing this and Germany gameplay..

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. Stig's Portuguese Cousin

Stig's Portuguese Cousin

Ratings:
    +4
    My friends, not every rally game or racing game needs to be Simulator.... Think outside the box please, being bad or good stop asking for "physics" when WRC is international as F1 is and neither games will EVER be a complete Simulator

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,207
    That audio is criminal, worst sounds I heard since the commodor 64 I had when I was 6-7 years old,
    car handling looks non existent and the co driver well what to say!:geek::roflmao::roflmao:
    No VR no buy! makes no difference im blind anyways...:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,594
    I fully agree the majority of users play casual race games, choice is nice but.....how many simcades racing games does a niche market need?
    It's already over saturated.
    Dirt rally
    Dirt rally 2.0
    Dirt games
    Horizon series
    WRC series
    Dakar
    Etc.
    Different focus but same genre and similar tech.

When is someone gonna up the game and use some of the tech available in simulators to separate themselves from the rest?

Hopefully with the next gen consoles we will start to see some advancements.

Not like the rally community hasn't been asking for one since RBR.

• Agree Agree x 7
  17. somake

somake

Ratings:
    +5
    R3E....race room rallye experience ;)

• Haha Haha x 2
  18. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports

Ratings:
    +1,594
    I would love to see a rally experience in R3E one day, but they need to update there engine in a big way first, as it is currently one of the weakest engines of the current simulators.
    Dx9, no dynamic features, day to night transition or weather.
    Great content and sounds awesome tho! :)

19. thewarmer

thewarmer

Ratings:
    +73
    I like WRC 7 for its stage feel they were very good but the Direct FFB was bad ,
    So I stopped playing it , did they ever fix the FFB in WRC 7 ?
    I have seen far better Videos for WRC 8 than this one the outside sounds are poor
    and many visual effects like dusts and water splashing seem to be not in place yet.
    to me it looks more alpha than beta it needs a bit more work yet , but fingers crossed.

20. Zoltan76

Zoltan76
    Premium

Ratings:
    +83
    I love when an "expert", looking at a video says that car handling is bad... And the sounds...It may sound strange, but when U hear the IRL sound it is almost indistinguisable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.