Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
v3.0 Update - Can be installed directly onto v1.x, 2.x versions :thumbsup:

Tested with game version v1.3.0

• Removed ReShade Depth of Field Shader.
    Removed the ReShade Depth of Field effect and Added a new v2 preset.

• Added HQ In Game Depth of Field Mod. (Games own DOF effect)
  • This will fix the game menu blur seen with the ReShade DOF on my other mod versions.
  • In game DOF is now 3 x the quality of the default game setting! (can go higher)

• Added HQ In Game Blur Mod. (Games own Blur effect)
  • The games Blur effect is now much smoother and higher quality.
  • In game Blur is now 2 x the quality of the default game setting.

• Updated ReShade to 4.4.2

Last edited:
Thank you so much again AgentHeX 0007!!!!!
In (v.3.0) everything is fantastic now !!!!!!!...(the photos are for the blur)..!!
With your (MOD) what I do now in the special stages of my time .... it's amazing .... my name on WRC 8 is .... (silettd)
I would like to thank you again for all your help and your great work. God bless you
.....SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

Attachments

• Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.08.27.41.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.08.27.41.png
    694.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.08.03.36.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.08.03.36.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 160
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.07.47.67.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.07.47.67.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.06.48.53.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.06.48.53.png
    111.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.07.31.46.png
    Wrc8fiaworldrally Screenshot 2019.11.07 - 07.07.31.46.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Hi guys, i have the same problem.. i have win 8.1, win firewall is disabled, antivirus is disabled.. but the game still does not connect to wrc 8 server.. it says "does not enable to connect to wrc8 sserver(12)"..the reply from the big ben server assitance is "please check your connection".. so..my connecction works..where is the problem??

Hey efimov, I had the same issue with my T500RS. While in the game if I unplugged the wheel from the console, plugged it back in and then re-entered the controller setup scene it found the wheel.
Good luck.

Guess this esports competition is going to be pretty damn easy since it looks like only me and hand full of other people can actually play online.:roflmao: Brand new i20 here I come!

Quick question to all you guys having problems connecting. Is it just trying to play online with other people you're having trouble with? Or can you not do the weekly challenges either?

Kudos Hex on the v3. Car feels more like how a WRC car probably feels like IRL(I'm running with the gravity on v3 strength 1). All the graphical issues in previous versions are gone. It also fixed an issue I was having before using your mods. In certain parts of particular stages, I would suddenly get really bad lag/glitching/stuttering(whatever u want to call it) but that's gone now so high five man.

I have an issue with the mod.
Fresh WRC 8 install, apply the mod as written in the discription, but it crashes on start up every time.
I can only see the first screen for a short second and I can press F11 to see that something is opening up, but then I am back at my desktop. Anyone else with that experience?

I have an issue with the mod.
Fresh WRC 8 install, apply the mod as written in the discription, but it crashes on start up every time.
I can only see the first screen for a short second and I can press F11 to see that something is opening up, but then I am back at my desktop. Anyone else with that experience?
If .... i understand? .... well your problem ... in the desktop you must press the original (WRC 8) icon ... and not (Mod icon) .... maybe?
SORRY... for my English language....
Telis

Mod seems to be installed since I have the possibility to press F11 for a split second on the loading screen, but then WRC8 closes immediately and I am back at my desktop.
All updates are installed and Windows is on the latest version. I start WRC 8 with the usually icon, not the mod

hey there,

i was wondering if it would be possible to implement a MOD that allowed an H-shifter to be used without the clutch? similar to how dirt rally 2's transmission option allows the setting "clutch override," so that you dont have to use the clutch to switch gears with an H-shifter and can keep your foot on the gas and change gears without having to press the clutch.

honestly, WRC 8 is the only rally game im currently playing where this is not possible. Forza Horizon 4, Dirt Rally 2, RBRcz, and VRally 4 all function the same, where you dont need to press the clutch to switch gears. for an official rally game like WRC 8 to not have this option as well, just seems off.

is this something that would be relatively easy to do?
perhaps a setting in a car.ini file?
im hoping it would not be something that would need all the cars to be modded, but if this is possible, im sure there would be quite a few people that would appreciate the MOD.

-----------
some background on me, i have driven a manual transmission since my first car, and have plenty experience with using a clutch, IRL.
but for rally games, utilizing a left foot braking technique is a vital part of how i drive.

i dont left foot brake when i drive my real life car however, only in rally games.
-----------

thank you for reading!

(im playing with a G29 on PC btw)

and i guess my question is, is an H-shifter sequential manual gearbox mod possible with WRC 8?
i mean, modern WRC rally cars are usually sequential manual, right??

Big update today v4.0 - Only for game version 1.3.0

It can be installed over top of previous versions of my mods :thumbsup:

Rebuilt the mod installer:
I have tried to make it as simple to use as possible as some people were having difficulty getting things to work.
The installer now wont progress until you have selected the correct game directory.
The installer should now remember where your WRC 8 game directory is so you wont have to locate it each time.
Installer now has a dark theme and is larger and easier to read, helpful for those who run higher resolution monitors.
Installer now has less pages and less button clicks to get things done faster.
Added a "Read Me" button to the installer in the mods selection menu.

Quick overview of some new additions:
Updated read me.txt in .rar with more instructions related to installation and restoring game.
Physics Mod: v.4 ( 3 versions, Arcade, Sim-Cade, Sim-PLUS ) ( Force feedback wheel users will love it. )
Physics Mod: Each v.4 mod has only 3 settings now A, B, C.
Physics Mod: Super Arcade Mod
Physics Mod: CrAzY mOd 1 & 2 ( try them ) :laugh:
Force Feedback Mods
Damage Mod
Camera Tweaks Mod
Post Process Mods
Remove Lens Flare Mod
Remove WRC 8 Logo Mod
Higher Quality Graphics Mod: Added Very High in game setting for sharpen and blur
User Settings File Mods: New Enhanced motion blur mod, much smoother than default. Great in replays.
ReShade: 10 presets
Cheat Mod: No Damage
Cheat Mod: Repairs cost 0 and use no time.
Updated in game credits menu
And probably many more tweaks here and there...

As always read the complete included "read me" file for all the info about the mods.

Please report back bugs, suggestions, or even pm me your own mods for me to add to the installer. ;)

Last edited:
sorry, didnt mean to giggle, it should be in there agreed, the only thing ill say is if you're using the clutch overide on DR2, youll be losing about 5 seconds on an average short stage over full manual with clutch, the gear change delay is brutal. just learn to use the clutch mate, youll soon be dancing like flatley on them pedals ;)

oh its fine, i probably wasnt explaining the MOD request initially, and i know most of the people here are sim fans (which i do appreciate). lucikly, ive been driving manual for quite a while, so its not a brand new concept. and i agree, driving with full manual+clutch does feel more immersive. i just need to get better at switching from right foot braking for slower/easier turns, and then switch to left foot braking for the quicker/consecutive turns.

tappin.gif

WRC8 definitely feels more engaging because i have to drive fully manual+clutch, i can say.
and thats good to know about the gear change delay, ill absolutely try that with DR2 and RBR

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 402 40.0%