Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
v2.0 Update - Can be installed directly onto v1.x versions :thumbsup:

Physics Mods, Camera Mods Updated, Tinted Windows Mod, Ground Shadows Mod, ReShade Tweaks

Removed the old v1 Gravity Mod. Added:

Physics Mods: There are now 2 new versions of this mod.

Physics Mod v2:
⦁ Gravity increase
⦁ Tyre Friction Reduced (to balance out the gravity increase)
⦁ Angular Momentum Reduced

Physics Mod v3:
⦁ Gravity increased
⦁ Tyre Friction Reduced (to balance out the gravity increase)
⦁ Angular Momentum Reduced
⦁ Centre of gravity lowered

The mods effect all cars in the game. Each mod has 5 settings, 1 to 5, Weak to Strong
These different strengths apply ONLY to the gravity.

The idea behind the mods is that from watching WRC clips on YouTube and then watching the in game replays, In real life the cars have weight, susspension and tyres that keep the cars very much planted to the ground, something the game was not emulating very well. Just watch for example WRC2019 Finland, Spain, Germany clips on YouTube.

As everybodys imagination of how the cars should behave is different I made multiples of the mods, to give various results.

Try them all out to see if you like any of them. (I like v3 Strength 3)

Install Shader Patches:

Tints Mod:
⦁ This will fix the in-car camera views.

Shadows Mod:
⦁ This will mod the spawn distance of detailed shadows for less
⦁ noticeable pop in of shadows on the ground. (work in progress)

Last edited:
Thank you very much and congratulations on your work.
My version in WRC 8 (1.3.0)
I would like your help.
V.1.2 works perfectly. I have upgraded to (v.2.0 & v.2.1) clean install (my back up folders) and with version v.2.0 & 2.0 I get this message (foto).
Is there any solution?
Thank you very much .....SORRY.... for my English....

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.03 - 06.27.27.97.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.03 - 06.27.27.97.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 227
Thanks for the info both. :thumbsup:

Updated the installer to v2.2 and included the missing .dll's
Download v2.2

Please test and report back any errors. Thanks.

Hello and thank you very much.
A) In (v.2.2) all is good for me except for one problem all menus have a blur (foto 1-3) with screen resolution (1920x1080)
There are no problems when playing (foto 5-6)

B) In version (v.1.2) I fixed the same problem by disabling the commands (... Remove The Intro Movies ...... & Remove The Menou Animation ......) in the menu installation from Mod.
i tried the same solution in (v.2.2) but it didn't work
I don't know if there is a solution for (v2.2) ...?
Thank you very much .....SORRY.... for my English....
Telis

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    807 KB · Views: 114
  • 2.png
    2.png
    936 KB · Views: 121
  • 3.png
    3.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 4.png
    4.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 129
  • 5.png
    5.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 133
  • 6.png
    6.png
    1 MB · Views: 115
Yes its the DOF, press F12 in menus to turn off reshade i play at 3440x1440 so it not very noticable to me.

The reason I put the ReShade DOF is that the games built in DOF looks terrible.

I will make a mod to fix the games in built DOF when i get time.

Yes its the DOF, press F12 in menus to turn off reshade i play at 3440x1440 so it not very noticable to me.

The reason I put the ReShade DOF is that the games built in DOF looks terrible.

I will make a mod to fix the games in built DOF when i get time.

I want to keep your reshade because it's better for me.
OK I'll wait for the upgrade.
Thank you very much for all .....SORRY.... for my English....
Telis

Hi, how to open those shared files? extension .WRCS
After downloading the file, just drop the setup in the folder in the pic and should be available in the setup menu next time you start up the game.
Screenshot (72).png

I have noticed that for some reason the devs only let us have 5 setups available for a given car/surface. Once I get 5 setups for a car it greys out the "Save As" button.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 312 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 271 13.5%