Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Kylotonn Racing Games have confirmed this September will see the release of the next officially licensed World Rally Championship video game - WRC 8.

Imaginatively titled as always, the eighth instalment to the steadily improving WRC franchise of games is set to launch on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC this September, and promises to be an all round improvement on previous iterations of the long running franchise.

New for WRC 8 will be a revised physics system across the many varied different racing surfaces within the game, plus the inclusion of what looks to be an already very impressive looking dynamic weather system, presumably adding a feature to allow the 100+ official WRC stages to be experienced in a variety of different weather conditions.

Of the new dynamic weather, Bigben and Kylotonn had the following to say during a brief press release to accompany the brand new announcement trailer:

"A new dynamic weather system has been developed to add random elements to the driving experience, but also to increase realism in the game. Managing the weather is a real challenge for the drivers: modified grip, car settings adjustments, tyre selection optimization, weather team relationship to ensure the best tips and information on the latest conditions. More than mere visual effects, climatic conditions become crucial, especially in the management of your career"

Of course with the title coming out toward the end of the year, the new WRC 8 release will replicate the 2019 FIA World Rally Championship season, including the latest cars and drivers from the official teams' of the category. Featuring over 50 drivers, including the returning multiple champion Sébastien Loeb in his new Hyundai, 14 different events across over 100 individual stages, WRC 8 certainly lacks nothing in terms of scale.

Most importantly of all for sim racers looking to get their rally kicks, Kylotonn have promised that "WRC 8 will go above and beyond WRC 7, especially in the steering requirements and the realistic physics of the vehicles" - one of the weaker points from previous releases.

As well as the class leading WRC cars, the new game is also set to feature a selection of vehicles from the WRC 2 and Junior WRC categories, alongside a number of historic cars. Team management is also set to play a role in the expanded career mode, with the player able to improve their car by way of upgrades and team developments, of which more details are expected to be revealed in the near future.

Exciting times for fans of sideways action.

WRC 8 releases for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Steam/PC September 2019.

WRC 8 Release 2.jpg
WRC 8 Release.jpg

Check out the upcoming WRC 8 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news, discussions and conversation prior to the big game reveal this September!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone knew when Epic was going to allow us to use the online mutliplayer portion of this game? Right now, feel like I didn't quite get all of what I paid for(considering console players have this part of the game available).

Me too.

The strange thing is that when accessing with cmd ping command, it can communicate normally with 104.199.55.183 which seems to be a game server.
I am currently sending a message to bigben and waiting for a reply.

Postscript:
Are you using windows7?
If so, you may be able to connect by downloading and using the Easy fix at the bottom of this page.(https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3140245/)
The reason is that WRC8 uses the old encrypted communication which is the default of Windows7, so it cannot connect. This easy fix describes in the registry to use new encrypted communication by default.

You were correct. Once I downloaded and ran the Easy Fix 'wizard' I am now able to connect to the WRC8 Server.

Thanks for that info.

Does anybody know what the symbols and numbers mean in the photo?
wrc8.jpg

I get that the higher the green number the better but what is the white number below it? I also know the colored triangles in the bottom right corner represent the level/rarity of the crew member but what color means what? Is there a manual on this game somewhere? Cause I can't find it(do games come with manuals now days?(damn I sound old))

Since I purchased the sim many weeks ago, I have been unable to play WRC 8 with ANY force feedback through my ClubSport Wheelbase v1 and formula rim. In the Controls/Settings tab, WRC 8 continually says that my wheel is not a haptic device and all FFB settings are 'greyed out'.

Worringly, I tried contacting WRC 8's Technical Support several weeks ago but I have received no reply.

It is worth noting that I am running on Windows 7 with all of the latest Fanatec drivers.

Is anyone else having the same problem..? Does anyone know of a solution..??

That would mean the first title, that I've personally heard of, that doesn't fully support Win7...
Just checked the min reqs and OS is listed as Win10 only. No other OS supported apparently.

So yes, looks like it could be an OS upgrade for anyone wishing to play this title with full functionality

I just don't understand how people can prefer WRC8 FFB over DR2, let alone think DR2 FFB is "broken". I mean it's your subjective taste, so you're obviously entitled to that opinion, but it just boggles my mind.

Also, I would recommend anyone to not bother with any RFPE mods or anything like that. It's been done in multiple games and it's always the same. All it does is make the car handling weird (as in not better), and you'll have problems going online with the game and possibly even be flagged as a cheater.

Why?

Lol :roflmao:
Have to say I don't really get why ffb would not work with an older os.. I mean what the heck did these guys code that it's not compatible?
These are standard windows USB protocols, fanatec has a working and up to date driver for both os and I somehow doubt that they invented something superior that required some new features that only win 10 has.

It's not like dx12...

I could understand if the game would just not work, not start, had graphic glitches etc but no ffb? :O_o:

I'm on dual boot so I don't give a damn (didn't buy wrc 8 yet btw) but it really makes me wondering...

Yes, win 7 support ends soon but looking into statistics it's still the most used gaming OS.
Quick Google shows 2/3 win 10, 1/3 win 7 with the rest basically non existent (xp/vista/8).

Hobestly it smells a bit like paid by Microsoft to artificially make win 7 suck with this game...

Yes, just an "opinion". As opposed to a real opinion I guess.

I'm not sure what facts would you like me to offer to support my opinion (yes, I know, an opinion) that all the RPFE mod does (in any game I've tried it in the past) is make cars handle weird. I mean I wouldn't expect you to be able to provide facts to the contrary either. I don't have any telemetry or anything like that, and even if I had, I would have nothing to compare it to, since I don't have access to any real-world data. But, again, I would assume neither have you.

As for the mod making you unable to play online and possibly be flagged as a cheater (since you still haven't bothered to specify which part of my post you are talking about)...well, the creators of the mod freely admit that themselves, and it is only to be expected if you modify physics in a game, so...again, not sure what more do you need. (And the comment section is full of people complaining of various other issues, like them being unable to save the game for example.)

But, most of all...if you think the mod is the way to go and/or is great or whatever, then...why even care about what I think? I posted my quick opinion on it (without going into exact details as I really didn't see the point, and still don't BTW) and a warning for those considering it, it's up to everyone to decide. If you like it, by all means, knock yourself out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back